Crash

Simone Biles = Zain Retherford

28 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Truth is truth, and it is unfortunate we couldn't send a stronger patriot.

This is maybe the stupidest post I have ever seen on this forum (or its previous iteration which was an absolute sh*thole) and that is really saying something. Congratulations, I guess. 

1 hour ago, LJB said:

@jp157 i may have misinterpreted what you were saying...

You did. I was referring to how you and lurker mentioned you think society is making it too easy for people to quit. That I think it is a problem.. but not as much as some think. Or overblown. That’s simply an observation

The actual criticism was in the first two paragraphs and not directed at you

3 minutes ago, jp157 said:

You did. I was referring to how you and lurker mentioned you think society is making it too easy for people to quit. That I think it is a problem.. but not as much as some think. Or overblown. That’s simply an observation

The actual criticism was in the first two paragraphs and not directed at you

i reread immediately after and realized i might have taken it wrong...

i still don't think you have exactly nailed my position...

i was making a comment on the "woke mafia" going on full attack mode if anyone of the gild is criticized for anything...

again...

i refuse to pay attention to any major media outlet, so, i can only assume that is what is happening from the comments that have been made here and here alone...

getting a free pass for any kind of behavior based on fear of social backlash alone is disgusting...

6 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Fair enough. To me the thing about Askren that really annoys me is that he goes on a tangents about these things as a vehicle to tout his own achievements and his own moral goodness. Maybe others dont feel that, but after how many FRLs of him talking about his affinity for sports psychology, no one else is getting annoyed that he takes every example of someone stumbling as an opportunity to put his own career in opposition? Am I the only one who thinks that?

Eh, he definitely goes on tangents but I don’t usually mind when he brings up his examples considering he did actually compete at an elite level in both wrestling and MMA.  Not saying you need to be an NCAA champion to have a wrestling podcast, but his analogies are usually more relevant to the topics they’re talking about than CP talking about his high school coaching days in East Bumble Virginia. 

Maybe getting off topic here but what I found most interesting about the conversation was when Askren admitted that he forced his daughter to wrestle until she was 9 when she could then decide if she didn’t want to do it.  Seems a little contradictory to the criticism he usually has for wrestling parents...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

i reread immediately after and realized i might have taken it wrong...

i still don't think you have exactly nailed my position...

i was making a comment on the "woke mafia" going on full attack mode if anyone of the gild is criticized for anything...

again...

i refuse to pay attention to any major media outlet, so, i can only assume that is what is happening from the comments that have been made here and here alone...

getting a free pass for any kind of behavior based on fear of social backlash alone is disgusting...

Gotcha. With this issue people haven’t really been scared to say what they think from what I’ve seen so far. 

Most support or distaste seems to be automatically happening along ideological leanings. 

The most harsh vitriol though, from what I’ve seen, seems to be coming from “I’d have played in the NFL for free” and hardcore elementary coach guy.

I don’t think she should have stepped away. Or at least she should’ve before the Olympics started. But listening to people that never were in a competitive sport/event beyond high school criticize and belittle a 4 time gold medalist the way they are.. is tiresome 

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Eh, he definitely goes on tangents but I don’t usually mind when he brings up his examples considering he did actually compete at an elite level in both wrestling and MMA.  Not saying you need to be an NCAA champion to have a wrestling podcast, but his analogies are usually more relevant to the topics they’re talking about than CP talking about his high school coaching days in East Bumble Virginia. 

Maybe getting off topic here but what I found most interesting about the conversation was when Askren admitted that he forced his daughter to wrestle until she was 9 when she could then decide if she didn’t want to do it.  Seems a little contradictory to the criticism he usually has for wrestling parents...

I highly doubt Askren made a big deal of match results with her. Or berated her for “wasting” the family’s money and expenses if she went 0-2. 

8 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Gotcha. With this issue people haven’t really been scared to say what they think from what I’ve seen so far. 

Most support or distaste seems to be automatically happening along ideological leanings. 

The most harsh vitriol though, from what I’ve seen, seems to be coming from “I’d have played in the NFL for free” and hardcore elementary coach guy.

I don’t think she should have stepped away. Or at least she should’ve before the Olympics started. But listening to people that never were in a competitive sport/event beyond high school criticize and belittle a 4 time gold medalist the way they are.. is tiresome 

i have mixed feelings, but, clearly she felt like she was putting herself in danger by competing and i am no gymnastic expert, but, i know enough to know that it can have some pretty serious physical consequences if you get it wrong...

she or anyone else should be able to make that personal decision...

it suks it happened at the biggest event on the planet, but, we rarely get to choose the circumstances...

What I don’t understand is why not back it down? Are your passes locked in and you are unable to change them? 

If you aren’t confident then you absolutely should not be making the attempt. She was in her head and not confident. Every athlete gets that in every sport. They revert back to something they can do in their sleep to get back on track. 

Was that not an option? Take the difficulty down 2 notches nail it, gain confidence and attempt to continue help your teammates reach their Olympic goals. 

2 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

This is maybe the stupidest post I have ever seen on this forum (or its previous iteration which was an absolute sh*thole) and that is really saying something. Congratulations, I guess. 

You must be new here.

Welcome.

1 minute ago, Rk_Kerk said:

What I don’t understand is why not back it down? Are your passes locked in and you are unable to change them? 

If you aren’t confident then you absolutely should not be making the attempt. She was in her head and not confident. Every athlete gets that in every sport. They revert back to something they can do in their sleep to get back on track. 

Was that not an option? Take the difficulty down 2 notches nail it, gain confidence and attempt to continue help your teammates reach their Olympic goals. 

People would rather coddle the weak than allow conversation that admits she abandoned her teammates and country.  Don't try to use logic.

I have to say this, after the last 24 hours listening/reading a lot of people, high level people, talk about the matter, which helped me understand why she made such a decision at such a time. Talking about the mental block that happens in all professional sports. A block where your muscle memory basically just quits on you. We’ve seen it in pitchers all the sudden can’t find the plate, kickers all the sudden can’t come within 5 yards of the goal post, JB in Rio, Roy Mclvoy hitting chili peppers up Lee Jantzens ass….

The difference here though, and LJB spoke to it yesterday, is when JB is having a mental block and loses position, he gives up a takedown. With SB….12 feet in the air in the middle of multiple flips and twists, there’s much more at stake. Taken me about a day to fully grasp that as it relates to ‘should have just finished through it’. It at least makes me understand why she decided then and there. I never bought the best thing for the team bit, she proved the night before that even when she’s a bit off she’s still the best in the world at that time. But a broken neck is a whole different story. 

The question of how we got here though is still on my mind….is it a matter of what we’re seeing in our society?

So, Biles taking a knee, admitting she doesn’t have it, and giving a person in a better mental state a chance to help our country win is “cowardly”?

What if she’d gone out there, messed up and scored a 10.333 instead of a 13.XYZ like the teammate that replaced her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Buffalo Gap, VA!

21 minutes ago, LJB said:

so... i just heard that SB was not allowed to take her riddlin in japan...

a medication she has been on since a child... 

So the withdrawal effects would’ve been hitting the worst 2 weeks in right?

1 minute ago, jp157 said:

So the withdrawal effects would’ve been hitting the worst 2 weeks in right?

anything i said in regards to that would be a lie, but, is it any wonder that someone who has been on riddlin since they were a child (no clue how many years that would be) then has to get off of it right before the olympics then freaks out?

is this being reported in the mainstream media?

11 hours ago, Le duke said:

So, Biles taking a knee, admitting she doesn’t have it, and giving a person in a better mental state a chance to help our country win is “cowardly”?

What if she’d gone out there, messed up and scored a 10.333 instead of a 13.XYZ like the teammate that replaced her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if Tom Brady starts the super bowl 0 for 8 with 2ints, and just says mentally I didn’t have it. I stepped out to give his team the best chance to win. He would get crucified! 

What she did was bold, safety and your life is way more important than a gold medal. She did what she felt is right, and I doubt she will ever second guess it. 

I personally am surprised she didn’t back it down and attempt something to get herself back on track. Her ability is so far above the field, her dropping down to their medium skill stunts would be equivalent to a lay up for her. 

Some will say they would have done the same. Some will say they would have pushed through. Each persons personality type probably decides what side of the fence they are on. 

But it does bring on a discussion, and in the end everyone is pulling for her to rebound. 

10 hours ago, LJB said:

anything i said in regards to that would be a lie, but, is it any wonder that someone who has been on riddlin since they were a child (no clue how many years that would be) then has to get off of it right before the olympics then freaks out?

is this being reported in the mainstream media?

No clue to the latter. Been busy