Bronco

Benji Alanis to Univ. of Northern Colorado?

On 7/29/2021 at 6:57 AM, Plasmodium said:

Eastern half of Colorado is the great plains.  It is cattle country, identical to western Kansas and Nebraska.  Greeley is the king of all this.  Like all places, it is a decent place.  There is a large meatpacking plant there.  About ten miles east is a huge feedlot.  They claim to fatten 1.000,000 head/year but I'm skeptical of that.  10 miles is woefully insufficient to dissipate the smell of that much money, so the moniker of 'Stinky Town' was bestowed upon it.  UNC is on the eastern edge of town.  Fracking brought a lot of oil and gas to Greeley, so there is that.  There are a lot of demands by  a sizable number of people every 4 years to secede.  I understand that  part because I grew up out there.  Not a good cultural fit with Denver/Boulder.   I imagine it is a hard sell to an urban young man with options.

The posters here are correct, Troy Nickerson has improved the program a lot.  They did land Andrew Alirez (the #3 they are talking about) a few years back.  Alirez is a local.  He has suffered some injuries but has done very, very well when on the mat, as you are probably aware.   They lean on transfers quite a bit, but have been starting out well the last few years.   By the end of the year they are either hospitalized or burned out and they fade.

Every once in a while I wake up in Loveland and if the wind is right.....we'll get some of that "Stinky town"..... Some interesting facts, Alirez had a recent twitter post that said #141 so that indicates he may be moving down.   Great workout partner for Alanis as he transitions to college wrestling.

33 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

Every once in a while I wake up in Loveland and if the wind is right.....we'll get some of that "Stinky town"..... Some interesting facts, Alirez had a recent twitter post that said #141 so that indicates he may be moving down.   Great workout partner for Alanis as he transitions to college wrestling.

Which means Schwartz will cut to 133 again. Not sure what they will do at 149 now. Baylor Fernandes should be at 157 he's not a 165