zephyr424

Kyle Dake - The Golden Boy

Hey Guys! Somewhat new to this forum. Does anyone know when the Olympic freestyle matches begin? Is there a consensus on how far he will go? I'm really looking forward to see how Kyle does. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, zephyr424 said:

Hey Guys! Somewhat new to this forum. Does anyone know when the Olympic freestyle matches begin? Is there a consensus on how far he will go? I'm really looking forward to see how Kyle does. Thanks!

I think the US fans generally think he has a great shot at gold.  Logically he should not be considered a favorite over 2X defending champion Sidikov but I think he will pull it out and I believe many American fans feel the same way.   

Men's Freestyle starts on 8/3/21 with Qualifying rounds for 57 & 86 kgs.  The broadcast on the Olympic Channel starts at 10 PM .  Overall the wrestling starts on 8/1.  The 1st 3 days have 2 GR weights and 1 women's FS weight each day.  The next 3 days have 2 Men's FS and 1 WFS weight each day.

I could see him anywhere from bronze to gold (don't see him at a DNP finish, but I also didn't see that happening to Burroughs in 16 either). I am predicting gold but sidakov and chamizo are very good (as are others)

Extremely high likelihood that he finishes no worse than bronze, but if he draws and loses to Chamizo/Sidakov prior to the semis and the standard monumental upset at the Olympics occurs, then he could unfortunately go 0-1 or 1-1.

3 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Aug. 4th for 125
Aug 5th for 97
Aug 3rd for 86
Aug 4th for 74
Aug 5th for 65
Aug 3rd for 57

Those are the same days as the actual competition.  You might be right, but do you have a source for this information that you can share?  Thanks.

3 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Those are the same days as the actual competition.  You might be right, but do you have a source for this information that you can share?  Thanks.

I got them off the USA wrestling site. Each weight class preview had the 'draw' date.  It's the time difference that got ya, maybe?

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2021/July/26/Olympic-Games-preview-125-kg-mens-freestyle

Edited by Mphillips