buckeyehomer

Olympics Day 1 Discussion

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well you could get the message from NBC app: "were sorry it looks like you are not a subscriber to this channel.  Please contact your provider."

Don't ask me how I know.  Of course only get that when ready to watch live.

Just logged out of NBCS app and logged back in, re-entered code, reverified provider and now working.  

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

was the Gray match online?

Not I couldn't find it.  I have Xfinity on, Olympics Channel, but it's been bouncing around to different sports.

2 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Lopez picking right up where he left off.

Lopez already went?

Seems like you can reverse and FF and see it.

Edited by NJDan
added note

1 minute ago, LJB said:

i guess, but, a little effort in the olympics should be expected...

I know, but I've seen it before with countries that have a rep that shouldn't even really be there because the skill level is way below what it should be. 

Do you remember the 2012 Olympics?  There was a "judoka" and I'm using that term very loosely.  I don't want to disparage the competitor, but she was wearing a hajib while competing in London and it literally looked like she didn't even know what she was doing out there.  Her opponent from Puerto Rico beat her pretty easily.

5 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

I know, but I've seen it before with countries that have a rep that shouldn't even really be there because the skill level is way below what it should be. 

Do you remember the 2012 Olympics?  There was a "judoka" and I'm using that term very loosely.  I don't want to disparage the competitor, but she was wearing a hajib while competing in London and it literally looked like she didn't even know what she was doing out there.  Her opponent from Puerto Rico beat her pretty easily.

It’s not easy to qualify for Judo. Arguably harder than wrestling. 

there are always some not top 20 in the world type folks, but not more than a couple. 

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

It’s not easy to qualify for Judo. Arguably harder than wrestling. 

there are always some not top 20 in the world type folks, but not more than a couple. 

I know.  When I saw her out there I seriously was wondering how she qualified.  That's not even a joke.  If you saw the match, you'd get what I'm talking about.