TripNSweep

Olympics Day 2 Discussion

97kg Hancock with a brutal first match right off with former Georgian now Serbian Kajaia who has a few world medals. If he wins he has the winner of Tunisia/Poland, Poland is no slouch. He manages those he likely gets Evolev who is seeded #1. 

No rep at 77kg. 

7 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

97kg Hancock with a brutal first match right off with former Georgian now Serbian Kajaia who has a few world medals. If he wins he has the winner of Tunisia/Poland, Poland is no slouch. He manages those he likely gets Evolev who is seeded #1. 

No rep at 77kg. 

Thats just the nature of the reduced weight classes  and  16 spot olympics. At 60 kg our rep would have had Emelin waiting for him if he got past 1st round.   I don't like it either. I'd prefer more weights and more entrants. 

Unless its just  a rare case of a weight class being horrible all around like  86 kg in FS  (the only one as far as I'm aware in FS and GR) , you are going to get hammers in your 1st match. The only other way is if all the top guys are unseeded and you get a miracle draw where they all end up in the same half and you get all the African/Ocieania guys in your half. But Evloev and the top guys were seeded so that was never going to happen here. 

Hancocks draw is okay. Not easy but not a death draw by any stretch. Kajaia is a two time Bronze at Worlds, but he could have easily gotten Evloev or Artur. Second round match compensates, its very winnable and reasonable. Hancock can beat  Michalik . At the semis, yeah its Evloev but that far in you are going to get the toughtest matches. 

The other half is even tougher. Hancock would have had  Aleksanjan,  Saravi (has been giving the top guys really close matches), Arvi  (young and super talented) or  Kiril Milov waiting for him in the second round as opposed to Michalik. 

29 minutes ago, LJB said:

stock beat her at 2019 worlds...

it should be a great match...

For sure stock dominated that match. 

Japan has been doing very well this Olympics. By far their best performance overall. I’d much prefer Tamyrah faced her in the finals. While Stock is the obvious pick, this wouldn’t be the biggest upset of the day even. 

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Japan has been doing very well this Olympics. By far their best performance overall. I’d much prefer Tamyrah faced her in the finals. While Stock is the obvious pick, this wouldn’t be the biggest upset of the day even. 

Yep...

again...

the olympics are hard...

who knew???

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

It'll be interesting to see how much Stock has improved, but also how well her opponent's shoulder has rehabbed. 

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

Yep...

again...

the olympics are hard...

who knew??

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Definitely not. It would be a case of the 2nd best wrestler in the bracket upsetting the best wrestler due to an unfortunate draw. 

And yes LJB, we know the Olympics are hard. 

Tamyra did get a gross draw and I do not like it, but I think if she stays on her offense she can rack up points on anyone and should win this... She occasionally gets herself in tight spots when she just doesnt attack for an entire match, I don't know why it happens but it does. If she crushes Dosho like last time, everyone is in for a long day.

Hancock better just let it fly and pray. I hope he gets pulled back in

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Anyone else missing the cube/block/mascot tossing?
I’ve seen some corner men smack the button with flair but it just isn’t the same. Can wrestlers decline the buzzer the way they could throw the mascot back?

Anyone else missing the cube/block/mascot tossing?
I’ve seen some corner men smack the button with flair but it just isn’t the same. Can wrestlers decline the buzzer the way they could throw the mascot back?

No. The only thing I miss is the Mongolian coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk