TripNSweep

Olympics Day 2 Discussion

5 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Mensah plows through probably the best competition in the bracket in the first period. Nasty looking leg lace. Good luck to anybody else @ 68kg. 

Somewhat true, but not really.  Based on reputation and past achievements--yes, but Dosho has never been the same after that unfortunate shoulder injury.

Olympic 68kg has been Stock's to lose even before it started.

Great start for Tamyra.

Sorry LJB, but greco is miserable to watch. No casual fan tuning in is going to find this entertaining. Only wrestling savants such as yourself can understand the handfighting nuances. Thank god we have women's matches going alongside to provide some actual entertainment.

I guess everyone has their opinion, but I really like Greco (despite being much less knowledgeable about the style).  I was a folkstyle wrestling myself, but Greco resonates with me.  Speaking to some of my old high school friends - lacrosse players and cross country runners mostly - they were messaging me today to find out more about these Cuban guys they were watching doing some incredible things in the Greco matches.  to each their own - but don't see the point in peeing in someone's cereal.  

Edited by flyingcement

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Any idea how long until Tamyrah and G’Angelo wrestle again? Not staying up all night but would hate to go to bed 10 minutes before they wrestle the quarters. 

As soon as they finish the first round they go right into the quarters. Maybe another 45 minutes to an hour?