TripNSweep

Olympics Day 2 Discussion

9 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Anyone have any idea what time Ms. Mensah-Stock wrestles her semifinal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi-Finals are scheduled for 5:15am eastern time.  I think that’s basically standard every day.  The previous days weight Finals are scheduled for right after that if you want to watch Grey’s match too.   

Edited by MadMardigain

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Anyone have any idea what time Ms. Mensah-Stock wrestles her semifinal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of eastern time, so…

Today’s semi’s start at 5:15AM Eastern

Medal Rounds start at 6:30AM Eastern

2 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Aleksanyan wins 4-1 on a leg foul from par terre and a lost challenge by Iran. Injured his hamstring it looked like but continued on for the last 30 seconds. 

It sucks when matches are won and lost like that. Why did the ref call two consecutive passivity points so quickly in the second period but not in the first? Why didn't Saravi get a point for Aleksanyan needing treatment and getting ages to recover from clearly being gassed? 

Mensah gives up 2 and a quick gut before getting a reversal. Hits a power double for 2 and an exposure, nearly gets the fall. Ukraine tries a gator roll, Mensah puts her on her back for 2 more. Wins 10-4. Onto the finals for Mensah. 

9 minutes ago, The Genius said:

It sucks when matches are won and lost like that. Why did the ref call two consecutive passivity points so quickly in the second period but not in the first? Why didn't Saravi get a point for Aleksanyan needing treatment and getting ages to recover from clearly being gassed? 

I thought it was quick but that's how the ref called it. I don't think it was a good call. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Anybody have any idea how to watch when abroad? I'm in an Airbnb in Paris, trying to watch Adeline's final.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Probably gonna have to buy eurosport if you want to watch it, that's what I had to do. You can sub for a month for like 8 euros or so and they show everything in HD and have replays. I'm happy with it but depends if you think it's worth it.

This bronze match at 60 between Russia and Moldova made no sense. They called Moldova for passive when he was the aggressor then called him for a caution and 2 after 5 seconds in par terre. Lost a challenge and gave up 2 on a gut to lose 9-1. Ref was totally in the bag for this one.