NJDan

Greco in a Nutshell

2 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Haha I do get a kick out of making stupid people look even stupider!

BA DUMPT TTSSSSSST!!!!!

take my wife...

PLEASE!!!!!!

you are a gem...

2 hours ago, John Morgan said:

In GR, smaller circle is not the answer as that only encourages more pushing.  One element of the sport that is missing is the importance of the under hook and then the purpose of it.  The purpose of the UH is to get closer to the body for a feet to back move.  If one wrestler pummels like heck to get the UH and then PULLS the UH out, this is a form of stalling/passivity that the referees do not call.  Thus, the pummel matches vs body locks.  I think putting in a rule to prevent this would encourage more body locks and ultimately the throws.

And what happens in Greco when people push too much? Boring stuff or exciting stuff?

What rule could you possibly use to force people to get bodylocks from UHs (I don't agree that this is the only purpose of an UH)? It is passive already in the rules, but only one factor which goes into that call.

1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I’m done with you clown,  greco is a bad product. 

OMG!!!!!

the clown thing again...

stop it...

you're killing me...

don't ever change...

ever...

3 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

And what happens in Greco when people push too much? Boring stuff or exciting stuff?

What rule could you possibly use to force people to get bodylocks from UHs (I don't agree that this is the only purpose of an UH)? It is passive already in the rules, but only one factor which goes into that call.

smaller circle...

i'm not sure i would have been 100% on board had i not seen it work...

it would definitely appease the lazy american mindset that needs a manufactured high score to keep their gold fish attention span engaged...

Just now, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Hope you feel like a winner here on the boards because obviously you don’t have a lot of positives in your life. 

stop it...

i can't take anymore...

or...

you could just skip to the last chapter of your "Internet Parlor Tricks for Dummies!!!!" manual and finish me off clean...

but, before you do...

say the clown thing one more time!!!!!

1 minute ago, LJB said:

stop it...

i can't take anymore...

or...

you could just skip to the last chapter of your "Internet Parlor Tricks for Dummies!!!!" manual and finish me off clean...

but, before you do...

say the clown thing one more time!!!!!

All this because you know Greco sucks and you think this is the best defense. You really are coming off as pathetic and sad, I’ll stop now so you don’t take it out on your family or dog later.

Just now, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

All this because you know Greco sucks and you think this is the best defense. You really are coming off as pathetic and sad, I’ll stop now so you don’t take it out on your family or dog later.

SAY THE CLOWN THING AGAIN!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

The truth about what athletes go into Greco has elements of both sides. I know several athletes and/or their coaches who went on the Greco ladder because they had much much more of a chance to be competitive.. not because they preferred Greco. There is also your Kamal Beys who wanted and went after the Greco path and had the coaching to do it. 

As things stand right now. The amount of the former outnumbers the latter. Anyone who would deny that is not objectively looking at our ladder. 

additionally. The Greco enthusiasts in this country(especially the outsiders who come into wrestling and try to use being Freco guys as their way attempting legitimacy. LJB is not unique at all) double down on the. “We’re the tuff style!!!! Roarrrrr!!! We macho!!” As their way of responding to criticism.

That attitude only hurts our Greco team because instead of actually working on getting better at wrestling Greco. They respond by saying “well yeah least we do da man Macho sport” and focus of being “tuff” not on getting better. Especially with Lindland as head coach. 

The most technical and best Greco coaches treat the toughness involved as simple what is expected and necessary to be successful and dont wax poetic about “being tuff”. None of the best coaches do. Or they’re at least intelligent about it 

5 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

How many times are you going to say you're done?

7 minutes ago, jp157 said:

The truth about what athletes go into Greco has elements of both sides. I know several athletes and/or their coaches who went on the Greco ladder because they had much much more of a chance to be competitive.. not because they preferred Greco. There is also your Kamal Beys who wanted and went after the Greco path and had the coaching to do it. 

As things stand right now. The amount of the former outnumbers the latter. Anyone who would deny that is not objectively looking at our ladder. 

additionally. The Greco enthusiasts in this country(especially the outsiders who come into wrestling and try to use being Freco guys as their way attempting legitimacy. LJB is not unique at all) double down on the. “We’re the tuff style!!!! Roarrrrr!!! We macho!!” As their way of responding to criticism.

That attitude only hurts our Greco team because instead of actually working on getting better at wrestling Greco. They respond by saying “well yeah least we do da man Macho sport” and focus of being “tuff” not on getting better. Especially with Lindland as head coach. 

The most technical and best Greco coaches treat the toughness involved as simple what is expected and necessary to be successful and dont wax poetic about “being tuff”. None of the best coaches do. Or they’re at least intelligent about it 

Is Lindland a bad coach? I wasnt sure if that is what you were saying.

6 minutes ago, jp157 said:

captain obvious is obvious...

anyway...

i always appreciate your little digs...

XXOOXXOOXXOO

2 minutes ago, MonagFam said:

lindland is not a bad coach at all...

he might not be the right coach for our current crop of senior athletes...

but...

i see some turnover in the senior athletes happening very soon...

lindland might be perfect for them...

**shrugs**

What is the evidence that Greco is the most popular style in the world?  I don't think it is in the USA, Iran, or Russia, or at least that's not the feeling I get from the fans of those countries that I've interacted with.

I'm not sure it really matters anyway, its not popular here and I don't see it changing.  Our best don't focus on Greco, and if they do, it isn't until their early twenties, which is evidently too late.  Similarly, I'm fairly confident if the USA's best football players all changed over to Rugby the US would do much better internationally, but I don't think that will ever happen either. 

Edited by WRfan1

The solution for relieving the boredom in GR matches is simple.  Just skip the neutral part and put guys in par terre all the time.  Alternate back and forth throughout the match every 20 seconds or so.    I am just kidding but I do fast forward a lot in GR matches until the par terre comes up.  

54 minutes ago, LJB said:

captain obvious is obvious...

anyway...

i always appreciate your little digs...

XXOOXXOOXXOO

You have spent a considerable amount of time extolling Greco as the “tuff guy” sport. As well as denying the fact that Greco is where many go because they have a much better chance to be competitive in it than freestyle.

You are a part of the problem not the solution. Especially because you do nothing but whine online instead of doing things to actually fix the situation. You aren’t starting a Greco club, aren’t coaching.  

1 hour ago, MonagFam said:

If I want someone to walk off the street and save my life by winning a fight while I’m held prisoner. I’d call Lindland. 

If I want someone to run a teams technical and peaking curriculum. To do Development and grow sport at lower ages. He’d be at bottom of list. 

16 minutes ago, jp157 said:

If I want someone to walk off the street and save my life by winning a fight while I’m held prisoner. I’d call Lindland. 

If I want someone to run a teams technical and peaking curriculum. To do Development and grow sport at lower ages. He’d be at bottom of list. 

Was he selected for his silver medal and then MMA credentials in your opinion?