14 minutes ago, LJB said:

The US has always been awful at par Terre...

greco and the women’s style...

We have been terrible on top always, every single one of our guys when on bottom were gutted multiple times in a row.

1 minute ago, AnklePicker said:

We stink on bottom. I nominate LJB to fix the problem. If he can’t do it no one can. 

Get rid of the stall fest laying in people for a ride point...

done...

next issue...

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Isn't successful par terre defense basically bottom stalling in folk?

1 hour ago, LJB said:

FFS...

where do you people come up with this crap?

Dude, people are legit asking you questions, where do YOU come up with this crap?

Below, LJB reading anything on a message board…

52F0965D-25BA-4D09-AD73-3C55F7D3DDFE.jpeg

Edited by Drew87

31 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Dude, people are legit asking you questions, where do YOU come up with this crap?

52F0965D-25BA-4D09-AD73-3C55F7D3DDFE.jpeg

LOL, I mean I can see the argument for riding time not encouraging much that would translate to freestyle/greco.    But successful par terre defense sure looks a lot like folkstyle stalling on bottom to me (other than you can't ball up)

With par terre defense, stop trying to apply folkstyle logic to Greco-Roman wrestling. It won't compute. There's plenty of defense from that position. Just because you aren't seeing someone sit out and try to peel a wrist doesn't mean there's no defense and only stalling on bottom. 

2 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

With par terre defense, stop trying to apply folkstyle logic to Greco-Roman wrestling. It won't compute. There's plenty of defense from that position. Just because you aren't seeing someone sit out and try to peel a wrist doesn't mean there's no defense and only stalling on bottom. 

Our Greco team should just granby constantly 

they would tech themselves, but at least it would be fun to watch 

2 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

I didn’t say there’s no defense.  Folkstyle stalling on bottom is defense.   It’s just considered stalling because you are supposed to try to get out whereas in free/Greco you aren’t.  And I’m not saying that being like stalling on bottom makes par terre bad/boring, etc, since of course if you do it successfully you only have to do it for 10 seconds or whatever.  I understand the complaints of folkstyle of it happening for minutes at a time.

47 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I didn’t say there’s no defense.  Folkstyle stalling on bottom is defense.   It’s just considered stalling because you are supposed to try to get out whereas in free/Greco you aren’t.  And I’m not saying that being like stalling on bottom makes par terre bad/boring, etc, since of course if you do it successfully you only have to do it for 10 seconds or whatever.  I understand the complaints of folkstyle of it happening for minutes at a time.

My not so informed opinion - 

the top guy not being able to clasp hands and the bottom guy spending half his effort fighting hands in folkstyle means bottom folkstyle work harms par terre defense more than it helps. Look at how many Americans pop to their knees in par terre defense. You rarely see any other country doing that. We also have the worst bottom defense in the world out of countries who care about wrestling 

24 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

My not so informed opinion - 

the top guy not being able to clasp hands and the bottom guy spending half his effort fighting hands in folkstyle means bottom folkstyle work harms par terre defense more than it helps. Look at how many Americans pop to their knees in par terre defense. You rarely see any other country doing that. We also have the worst bottom defense in the world out of countries who care about wrestling 

I mean I don't really disagree with this.  And I guess I wasn't even really disagreeing with LJB (that folk may not really help for free/greco) - like you said I think the issue is folkstylers are used to trying to get out but you don't have to in par terre.  I still don't think par terre defense is all that much different than bottom stalling, but most teams don't practice bottom stalling...

8 hours ago, Drew87 said:

when someone compares par terre to folk style stalling it is not a legitimate question...

Obvious many of you have never defended a seasoned opponent's rib-crunching gut wrench.  More to that than "stalling."  Defending a legit wrestler's gut-wrench in greco is one of the hardest things you will ever try (harder than in FS, where you can use legs to offset the torque).  My first month overseas I could barely breath because my ribs were so trashed from learning how to defend a gut.  Those of you who think it is just "stalling," go to the nearest room where they train GR and FS and let's see how long you defend a gut using your "stalling" technique.

1 minute ago, Coach_J said:

Obvious many of you have never defended a seasoned opponent's rib-crunching gut wrench.  More to that than "stalling."  Defending a legit wrestler's gut-wrench in greco is one of the hardest things you will ever try (harder than in FS, where you can use legs to offset the torque).  My first month overseas I could barely breath because my ribs were so trashed from learning how to defend a gut.  Those of you who think it is just "stalling," go to the nearest room where they train GR and FS and let's see how long you defend a gut using your "stalling" technique.

this...

we suk at par terre because it is not fun to practice at all...

as such, we don't practice it near enough at the intensity that is required for high level competition...

42 minutes ago, LJB said:

this...

we suk at par terre because it is not fun to practice at all...

as such, we don't practice it near enough at the intensity that is required for high level competition...

I’m all about being critical of our team, but I don’t think willingness to practice because it isn’t fun is a fair representation. Our wrestlers work hard, they just aren’t training the right way (plus I’m sure a million other things). I don’t think work ethic is the problem though. 

46 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

That’s on you my man. The rest of us aren’t crazy enough to ask a high level Greco guy to turn us. 

that was a poor decision on your part.