BSUBroncoDynasty

Draws are out for 57kg and 86kg!

Carl sacrificed Gilman to the bracket gods in order to get his protegé Taylor the optimal draw. 

Micic got a heck of a reward earning the #1 seed. Absolutely brutal.

86 is going to get a rando undeserving medalist again.

Helen needs to run the gauntlet.

86 will not get an undeserving medalist, lol. It will be Yazdani, Naifanov and Taylor (not necessarily in that order) on the podium and one of Amine, Shabanu or Deepak. Those are the guys who deserve it based on past results and it will work out it seems. This is close to a 50/50 bracket.  

Edited by Shiraz123

3 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

86 will not get an undeserving medalist, lol. It will be Yazdani, Naifanov and Taylor (not necessarily in that order) on the podium and one of Amine, Shabanu or Deepak. Those are the guys who deserve it based on past results and it will work out it seems. This is close to a 50/50 bracket.  

When Reichmuth and Amine/Punia medal don’t shoot me because I was the messenger. Just calling it how I see it shaking out rather than the best 3 getting medals (I agree with your top 3 opinion)

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

When Reichmuth and Amine/Punia medal don’t shoot me because I was the messenger. Just calling it how I see it shaking out rather than the best 3 getting medals (I agree with your top 3 opinion)

If Reithmuth wins a medal that means he's going to beat either one of Yazdani or Naifanov or beat them both. That is what it is going to take for him. If he manages that then he fully deserves to medal. Amine, Punia and Shabanau will wrestle amongst each other for the bronze on the other side after they all lose to Taylor. Whoever comes out of that pretty much deserves the bronze with the current system of 1 entry per country. 

10 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

If Reithmuth wins a medal that means he's going to beat either one of Yazdani or Naifanov or beat them both. That is what it is going to take for him. If he manages that then he fully deserves to medal. Amine, Punia and Shabanau will wrestle amongst each other for the bronze on the other side after they all lose to Taylor. Whoever comes out of that pretty much deserves the bronze with the current system of 1 entry per country. 

I would not be surprised if Naifanov withdraws day 2 and that’s how I see Reichmuth sneaking another bronze. Punia is going to have a wall full of medals where he was in the right place at the right time. Amine, while I root for him, may get bronze and isn’t even the best 86 in his own room (Ringer) or country (Nickal, Zahid, possibly PD3) so kind of hard to fully appreciate.

Again, not trying to be a hater but I’m still on my first cup of coffee so sorry if I’m coming across that way.

Just now, bnwtwg said:

I would not be surprised if Naifanov withdraws day 2 and that’s how I see Reichmuth sneaking another bronze. Punia is going to have a wall full of medals where he was in the right place at the right time. Amine, while I root for him, may get bronze and isn’t even the best 86 in his own room (Ringer) or country (Nickal, Zahid, possibly PD3) so kind of hard to fully appreciate.

Again, not trying to be a hater but I’m still on my first cup of coffee so sorry if I’m coming across that way.

No problem but Naifanov withdraw? Why? He's not Burroughs going into 2016 or Sadulaev where anything less than gold is a failure. Bronze is probably what he expects deep down in his heart and he'll be happy with that. The guy is a 1 time world medalist and really is nothing special, Yazdani's backup beat him also. No way he'd withdraw as if Olympic bronze is somehow beneath him. He'll take his bronze medal back to Ossetia and be more than happy on the flight home. They'll pay him well for a Olympic medal also. Unless Yazdani breaks his neck or something he won't withdraw. 

Of course if you go into depth for countries then it's different, but you could say this for a lot of weights. Since they introduced the 70kg weight in 2014 Russia wins it with a different wrestler pretty much every year but they can only send 1 guy to worlds. If you let them send all their 70kg guys the whole podium would be Russian. Just one example. Burroughs and Dake at 74, Zhamalaov and Sidakov at also at 74. This happens in a lot of weights.  

35 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

if Naifanov withdraws day 2...

Is there a reason why Naifonov wants to withdraw day 2? Is he injured  currently for example ? 

I would have thought on a stage like the Olympics if he is fit he would want to do his best and see where it will take him...

Actually a pretty damn good draw for Gilman. He should lose to Uguev, but he won't have to beat either Ravi or Takahashi to come back for Bronze. I like him over the Turk if he gets that far.

Very glad Taylor gets to get his rhythm before being really tested. nice bracket.

I don't think Helen really has a shot here, and I honestly just hope she does not further damage her brain. I don't even like to watch her compete knowing how susceptible she is to catastrophic life-altering brain trauma now. 

Edited by GoNotQuietly

I'm not sure that the seeding could have been worse if they tried. Micic as the top seed is a joke. You figure someone would have looked at the names their formula produced and thought, "This isn't working."

1 minute ago, Jrr277 said:

I'm not sure that the seeding could have been worse if they tried. Micic as the top seed is a joke. You figure someone would have looked at the names their formula produced and thought, "This isn't working."

It's up to the wrestlers to earn their seeds not UWW to give them. This has been rehashed a million times over.