nom

Tamara Mensah-Stock gold medal match

Jordan Burroughs commenting ahead of the match. Cool!  Doing a great job!

(FYI - I’m watching on Hulu - Olympic Channel I believe. They are implying her match is coming up now but doing some discussion on her background. Well, now a medal ceremony ……)

Edited by nom

9 minutes ago, nom said:

Jordan Burroughs commenting ahead of the match. Cool!  Doing a great job!

(FYI - I’m watching on Hulu - Olympic Channel I believe. They are implying her match is coming up now but doing some discussion on her background. Well, now a medal ceremony ……)

I’m watching on nbc app, the guy commentating during the medal ceremony sounds like Tom Brady.

Welp - should have realized bronze matches first.  Ukrainian pins Japanese.  Had her crunched down with control of right upper arm.  Reached through and under to Japan’s right knee and dumped her down to her back.  

Tamara  up!  Vs Oborududu.

damn.  Holding shin / ankle after O was pulling on it trying to get around. Seems ok.  Tamara does the same to O and gets around!  On a gut attempt she is reversed. 2-1 Tamara.

high crotch and gets the TD.  O doesn’t make it easy though.  4-1 end of first. 

Was it unusual for the official to stop the action after Blessing secured her reversal? She grabbed Tamyra's ankle and jammed it against her butt, and presumably was climbing up to try a gut with the leg trapped. The official stopped it, and waived at Blessing like, "No, you can't just try to hurt the leg that Tamyra indicated was injured".

I've seen that position several times this Games, which is why I'm asking. 

Blessing really came out clubbing when they reset...