nom

Tamara Mensah-Stock gold medal match

2 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

I believe they stopped it because she was taking the leg outside the body not straight up or across the body.

I'm glad the ref was on it in the finals. She did the same thing in earlier matches and was allowed to get away with it. It's a move where the goal is to force the opponent to decide between a knee injury or giving up points. Stopping it was the right call.

Once Tamyra figured out her opponent had no chance to score with a leg attack, it was just maintaining position and avoiding mistakes until time ran out. Smart wrestling in the second period.

4 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

I believe they stopped it because she was taking the leg outside the body not straight up or across the body.

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

I'm glad the ref was on it in the finals. She did the same thing in earlier matches and was allowed to get away with it. It's a move where the goal is to force the opponent to decide between a knee injury or giving up points. Stopping it was the right call.

I'm not experienced enough to have recognized the differences, so thanks for clarifying, fellas. The ref did a good job keeping that match clean. That big right club to the side of Tamyra's head wasn't impressive either. I certainly didn't want to see our star get hurt by tactics clearly implemented to slow her down.

Tamyra's lateral movement and explosiveness put her ahead of the field. So much fun to watch!

On 8/3/2021 at 11:44 AM, IronChef said:

Once Tamyra figured out her opponent had no chance to score with a leg attack, it was just maintaining position and avoiding mistakes until time ran out. Smart wrestling in the second period.

Now if the collegiate coaches would stop pressuring the refs to make the wrestlers choose between points and injury......

Tamyra is the darling of these Olympics, if not for the whole country, definitely for the conservative half or so. She’s getting tons of attention for that interview and the conservative media is eating her up! I agree that she’s amazing and wrestling is getting a ton of attention as a result, specifically women’s wrestling. What a fantastic ambassador and person she is.