Katie

Discussion thread for 57kg (m), 57kg (w), and 86kg (m)

1 minute ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

Real chance to wrestle back for a medal, of course.

amine looks good, taylor wilts most guys eventually. 

maroulis not taking any lip off anyone right now either.

Deepak 3-1 in the battle for the tibetan plateau.

1 minute ago, BuckyBadger said:

A country can decide to give citizenship to whoever they want. Great grandfather might work for San Marino, but probably not everywhere.

Thought I saw during the ESPN's NCAA coverage that his grandfather wrestled for Lebanon in the Olympics.  Not sure why they just didn't go there.

Edited by Voice_of_the_Quakers

1 minute ago, BuckyBadger said:

A country can decide to give citizenship to whoever they want. Great grandfather might work for San Marino, but probably not everywhere.

Really. That seems wrong. What's to stop Saudi Arabia from giving citizenship to Lionel Messi or Lebron James?

3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

The announcer said that Amine's mother's grandfather came from San Marcos. is that true-- his GREAT grandfather allows him to claim being a Marinian?

$$$ Talks.  It's a strategy of that RTC to get their athletes competing at worlds at all costs.  

Thought I saw during the ESPN's NCAA coverage that his grandfather wrestled for Lebanon in the Olympics.  Not sure why they just didn't go there.

Abounader has had a less than ideal experience representing Lebanon.

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

Really. That seems wrong. What's to stop Saudi Arabia from giving citizenship to Lionel Messi or Lebron James?

Nothing.  Their RTC just finds any country they can to take their athletes.  I guess Adam Coon must be descended from the Pilgrims or something (maybe tried, but failed to get UK citizenship off of that).  

Edited by Billyhoyle

20 years ago maybe, right now i’d take the italian penninsula over nextdoor neighbors with syria 8 days a week.

1 minute ago, Billyhoyle said:

Nothing.  Their RTC just finds any country they can to take their athletes.  I guess Adam Coon must be descended from the Pilgrims or something.  

Maybe that's how Qatar seems to have a pretty good track team.

Yes! Deepak with a herculean effort. He has a nice easy next round demolition by Taylor lined up,  then the real fight begins. For Brozne. 

Edited by HawkY