Katie

Discussion thread for 57kg (m), 57kg (w), and 86kg (m)

39 minutes ago, LJB said:

quit giving away all my secrets...

I think you're fun to banter with, but the persistence of some folks baffles me. 

I suppose if it were a pissing contest, you'd be a contender in the Most Squirts Per Time, but you wouldn't be as competitive in the Longest Steady Stream events. 

Just now, denger said:

I think you're fun to banter with, but the persistence of some folks baffles me. 

I suppose if it were a pissing contest, you'd be a contender in the Most Squirts Per Time, but you wouldn't be as competitive in the Longest Steady Stream events. 

**GOLD STAR**

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

**GOLD STAR**

The qualitative measures are distance, duration, and accuracy.

However, the quantitative ones are actually more subjective. Frequency of squirts increases the frequency of accuracy, but that doesn't always equate to a good ratio. It comes down to which we value most, mean, median, or mode. You're doing well by the mode measure, so you shouldn't have to worry about being put on the clock. 

We all have our expertise to contribute the forum. I'm guess I'm happy to have revealed mine. 

2 minutes ago, denger said:

However, the quantitative ones are actually more subjective. Frequency of squirts increases the frequency of accuracy, but that doesn't always equate to a good ratio. It comes down to which we value most, mean, median, or mode. You're doing well by the mode measure, so you shouldn't have to worry about being put on the clock. 

We all have our expertise to contribute the forum. I'm guess I'm happy to have revealed mine. 

hey...

if water sports are your thing who am i to judge?

**tap tap**

3 hours ago, HawkY said:

My understanding is overdeveloped trap muscles are a hallmark feature of PED use.

Yup, traps and delts have a higher proportion of androgen receptors than other muscle groups in the body.  

I’m not of the group that thinks it’s morally…whatever people say about that.  I’m just interested in it as an element that gets managed.

Are we the only country that views PEDs the way we do bc we, comparatively, limit our financial support of athletes?  My understanding is that most athletes who compete in the olympics, if they medal, receive life-changing money from their countries.  I know its the case in China, but imagine it is most everywhere else too…

29 minutes ago, denger said:

I'd bet on LJB in ANY kind of pissing contest.

4 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

I’m not of the group that thinks it’s morally…whatever people say about that.  I’m just interested in it as an element that gets managed.

Are we the only country that views PEDs the way we do bc we, comparatively, limit our financial support of athletes?  My understanding is that most athletes who compete in the olympics, if they medal, receive life-changing money from their countries.  I know its the case in China, but imagine it is most everywhere else too…

Morality vs Ethics

The ethical arguments in favor of PEDs is still a race to the bottom when it comes to what is universally valuable about sport. 

7 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Yup, traps and delts have a higher proportion of androgen receptors than other muscle groups in the body.  

What is that understanding based on? I'd be surprised if that was the case anywhere in Western Europe, Oceana or Japan. Of course it also depends on the sport. In some sports, the competitors are already well paid and would not get a big boost from the Olympics. Also, don't US wrestlers get a lot of money if they win gold?

Not to drag this off the most important topic of androgen receptors, but catching up here in France (said with the douchiest accent I can muster, although I must say the people have been great), but man alive...Taylor has looked off every competition I've seen him in since he's came back...that is no longer the case.  He's going to melt Yazdanicharati again.  Tough break for Gilman, that's the draw for him and he'll definitely have to earn that bronze medal (though, again, why there's not just a full consolation bracket I don't know, it would add minimal time).  He wrestled his ass off again Uguev.

56 minutes ago, Perry said:

Taylor won't be up till 630 or so est correct?

Yes they will do semis starting at 5:15 for 74/125 then medal rounds for 86/57. Hopefully we have six wrestlers in that session if Gilman wins his repechage match. 

Edit: Helen is already in the bronze medal match.

Edited by Red95