Katie

Discussion thread for 74kg (m), 125kg (m), and 53kg (w)

Dake gets Hosseinkhani (IRI) first round. Dake is in the top half, with Chamizo.  But they are not in the same quarter.

Gable gets Lazarev (KGZ) first round. Gable is in the same quarter as Akgul, in the bottom half.

Winchester gets Khoroshavtse (ROC) first round.

Edited by Katie

Dake has a tough bracket.  He has two really good opponents in Chamizo and Kadimagomedov - both I think have a shot at beating Dake

Sidakov's bracket is really weak lmao.  Abdurakhmanov is good, but he won't beat Sidakov.  

I have Sidakov for gold

1 hour ago, Silhouette94 said:

Dake has a tough bracket.  He has two really good opponents in Chamizo and Kadimagomedov - both I think have a shot at beating Dake

Sidakov's bracket is really weak lmao.  Abdurakhmanov is good, but he won't beat Sidakov.  

I have Sidakov for gold

he got handed a finals birth. lol “random” draw

Gable should at least get pulled back in if he doesn't pull the upset against Akgul. Only have one of Akgul/Geno/Zare on his side is the best he could hope for, draw-wise.

Sidakov defintely got the good draw, but if Dake handles the cut well, he can pull this out. If he can't get by Kadimagomedov then there is no room to complain about the draw and he wont be deserving of a medal. Having either Chamizo or Sidakov on his side is to be expected.

Edited by Crotalus

58 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Training partners in Gomez and Abdurakhmonov in the first round.

Lame.

They are representing totally different countries. It’s not IOC or UWWs fault they don’t train in the country they are representing.

I’ve always thought it was lame though when they don’t separate people from the same country in international tournaments.

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

Great draws all around.
#WarChamizo

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Do you have to keep the sig until 74kg starts, or until 74kg is finished??

Do you have to keep the sig until 74kg starts, or until 74kg is finished??
Finishes.. but at that point I'll be sooo hyped up on Chamizo being an Olympic Champ, I may just keep it
Hahahahaha but seriously.... Is it Friday yet?

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

I’m really not worried about dake, he has been a heat-proof t1000 for a while now.  He is the best wrestler in the US right now, potentially the world, and I think he will show out tomorrow.  He knows he’s the best, his understanding of the sport is transcendent.  That’s what you get from dedicating the better part of a decade to trying to take out JB.  

Edited by Drew87

I’m much more of a Chamizo fan than a Dake fan, but I’m not sure Frank can match a focused Dake. He is one of the most dangerous wrestlers I’ve seen since the Belaglasovs or Saitievs. Can go huge points at any second of the match from any position. Blink and you’re flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk