Katie

Discussion thread for 74kg (m), 125kg (m), and 53kg (w)

1 minute ago, BigTimeFan said:

So true. I’m in shock over Dake. He was a completely different wrestler out there. What the heck was going on. 

He finally ran into someone as strong as him and he looked lost

Just now, bnwtwg said:

He finally ran into someone as strong as him and he looked lost

He had nothing. Nothing at all. It was so completely shocking. Dake losing is one thing. But the complete and utter shellacking ? That’s a whole different ball of wax. Yes, I said wax. 

1 minute ago, BigTimeFan said:

So true. I’m in shock over Dake. He was a completely different wrestler out there. What the heck was going on. 

He got scouted, that dude is also sneaky good, obviously.  that guy had a gameplan for everything dake did, and fed dake all kinds of hips everytime he tried to go to the body.  

I still think Dake looked small, and that lack of horsepower left him exposed.  By all accounts he is usually(and i imaginr used to being) a gorilla in terms of physical strength.

7 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Happens every olympics to multiple guys.  5 years ago we saw it with JB.  I remember seeing the same thing with Kudukhov, who I was sure would win, in 08.  There's something different about that stage.

JB lost a close one to Geduev, then stopped wrestling in his next match.  

Just now, BigTimeFan said:

No no no. Akgul didn’t so much implode as Gable is just next level. Did Dake implode or is the ex Russian National champ just better?

Well of course the Russians are better. They actually know how to wrestle different styles. 

The Americans know how to play defense and folk style. Luckily, Russians are pushing the sport while we go 0/24 in Greco. 

Just now, ShakaAloha said:

If you root for Chamizo, then Dake won't get a chance in the repecharge

It may be an odd point of view, but I think a bronze for a guy like Gilman would mean a lot, and I am rooting for it.  For Dake, he has already won multiple world titles, and I think given his position as the favorite, there really isn't that much of a difference between bronze/not medaling in terms of his legacy.  Chamizo winning gold at the Olympics is really the last thing he needs to accomplish in his career.

Just now, spladle08 said:

Ummm #WarChamizo

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

I've got Kadzimahamedau over Chamizo, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get gold. This is his tournament.