Katie

Discussion thread for 74kg (m), 125kg (m), and 53kg (w)

3 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

Can anyone give more information about this guy that destroyed him? How old is he, what Americans has he matched up with etc.

He beat Mitch Finesilver from Duke 7-0 a few months ago at the European OG qualifier.  He won the World OG qualifier in May 2021.  Also took 3rd at 79kg at the Individual World Cup in December 2020 at 79kg and won the European Championship at 79kg in 2020.  

Just now, Konquest said:

According to his Instagram, Burroughs brought Mark Hall to Miami to train with him while he's not busy at the NBC studios.  He has been vlogging a lot of behind the scenes stuff throughout his time with this strange Olympic broadcasting situation.

I like my joke better

Just now, AHamilton said:

Where was my Dake prediction?  I wanted him to win, but he is probably my least favorite person on the team.  However, unlike J'Den, he had the guts to make weight.  We would have seen something similar from J'Den at 97.  The non-Olympic weights are weak.  I think J'Den knew that.

Ha! What a sniveling little man you are. Enjoy your evening hobbit. I’m eating a delicious bowl of borscht and will have a shot of vodka in honor of your Dad bod. 

3 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Ah, didn't know.  Thanks.  Did he never live in Italy? 

Chamizo married an Italian woman to get his citizenship.  They are divorced now.  He lived in Italy for awhile, but he is in NYC mostly now from what I understand.

15 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Where did Dake’s muscle mass go? He seemed sucked down a weight class.

Funny, thought the same.  Didn't appear nearly as big physically as he has in the past.

12 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

Ha! What a sniveling little man you are. Enjoy your evening hobbit. I’m eating a delicious bowl of borscht and will have a shot of vodka in honor of your Dad bod. 

I'll be thinking of your useless degree when my dad bod runs a half-marathon on Saturday...  

Edited by AHamilton

2 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Chamizo married an Italian woman to get his citizenship.  They are divorced now.  He lived in Italy for awhile, but he is in NYC mostly now from what I understand.

So if he was married to an Italian, became an Italian citizen, and then lived there for a while, he is definitely Italian. Just an immigrant.  If we are lucky, maybe he will become an American.  Very different than the BS that Amine pulled to get an olympic birth.  

1 minute ago, Grecojones said:

This is almost worse. Dake doesn’t have no Olympic gold or even a medal yet… 

Yup. Usually this stuff doesn’t bother me — these tournaments are *hard* — but this sucks

2 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I'll be thinking of your useless Missouri degree when my dad bod runs a half-marathon on Saturday... eleven days after finishing cancer treatment! 

Congratulations on the cancer treatment, but it's not a free pass to be a dick.

1 minute ago, smitty11 said:

No excuses for sure but Dake looks sucked down.  He looked like a different person than he did against JB a few months ago.

They all looked sucked down when they lose.