Katie

Discussion thread for 74kg (m), 125kg (m), and 53kg (w)

3 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Congratulations on the cancer treatment, but it's not a free pass to be a dick.

I immediately felt bad for you and people like Ben Askren.  But the guy has it coming. I went into an edit, but it was too late.  He had already responded.My apologies.

Edited by AHamilton

5 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

So if he was married to an Italian, became an Italian citizen, and then lived there for a while, he is definitely Italian. Just an immigrant.  If we are lucky, maybe he will become an American.  Very different than the BS that Amine pulled to get an olympic birth.  

At least Amine can claim some kind of ancestral connection. 

1 minute ago, Silhouette94 said:

Isn't anyone going to give Kadimagomedov credit?  He clearly scouted Dake and how to best counter the body lock, he even did a great job getting the extra 2 for exposure

Not even a little.

(not until he defeats Chamizo that is)

1 minute ago, Silhouette94 said:

Isn't anyone going to give Kadimagomedov credit?  He clearly scouted Dake and how to best counter the body lock, he even did a great job getting the extra 2 for exposure

He did things to Dake that Dake usually does to others. I give him a ton of credit. Still Dake did look smaller and off. 

Just now, AnklePicker said:

He did things to Dake that Dake usually does to others. I give him a ton of credit. Still Dake did look smaller and off. 

Maybe he is beginning to age?  

He has been wrestling for almost 10 years; albeit, not at the highest level because of a certain 74kg representative, but he is no longer young as some as the others.  

2 minutes ago, Silhouette94 said:

In addition to not want to seem harsh towards his rival, I think that's the reason JB was so quiet on the telecast during this matchup.  As he saw that match unfold, I think all he wanted to run out of that studio and rewatch the tape 100 times to figure out what the Belarus wrestler did and how he can learn from it.

3 minutes ago, Silhouette94 said:

I give him tons of credit. He was clearly prepared, clearly scouted Dake, and took advantage of every opportunity given him.

It can also be true that Dake head-cased. 

2 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

So this guy placed 7th for Russia in 2017? I assume he was like 3-5 on Russian ladder than split for Belarus?  Chamizo is gonna beat this guy.  

Chamizo has not looked very. But he could be taking it easy or playing possum.

Time to get back to Gable. Wow wow wow!  Looked smaller (I realize he has big hips) but still looked smaller and completely dominated. Please continue wrestling Gable. And not the pro style!  Can be a legend if he starts off with Olympic gold here. 

Let me get this straight.

Dake was stuck behind Burroughs in 2013 and 2015 because Burroughs got a bye to the WTT finals. (This seems like a fair point to make, actually. But JB was also the world champ those years, so maybe Dake's problem was that JB was the best in the world.) 

Then Dake was stuck behind Burroughs in 2017 because of bad officiating at the 2017 US Open, which led to a JB bye to the WTT finals.  (Again, JB was the world champ that year.) 

Now he lost by tech at the Olympics, and it's because of a weight cut?

This seems like a lot of excuses.

Edited by Katie