Sign in to follow this  
Perry

I really enjoyed the Kyle Dake is the Future of 74kg Era

4 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

I didn't see the match (in the middle of an online class).  Did the opponent basically find a weakness and exploit?

Dake got thrown/stepped over for 4 and then lost his composure and the dude picked him apart.  To be fair, losing big to a savvy Russian, the only real option is to try to gas him out.

Edited by Konquest

10 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

I didn't see the match (in the middle of an online class).  Did the opponent basically find a weakness and exploit?

I think Dake was out-wrestled, but he also put himself into some bad positions and gave up points.  Can't folkstyle funk with the world's best freestylers.

Edited by KCMO2

6 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Dake looked to be in good position but then got bombed himself for 4. Lost his composure and somewhat self destructed

5 minutes ago, Perry said:

To be fair, you're not wrong lol

No, not wrong. But I still laugh every time one of these threads go up. On balance, I think these types of threads are a positive tradition on the forum, rather than a negative one. It keeps us all humble because we know our guy might be the victim of one of these threads eventually. 

5 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

I think Dake was out-wrestled, but he also put himself into some bad positions and gave up points.  Can't folkstyle funk with the world's best.

All true, but it all flowed from the beginning.  I look at it like it was one very bad position where he gave up the four (looked like he hesitated for a split second which you can't do against a savvy internationally experienced guy like that) and then after that all the points came from him taking big risks with little or no set-ups, which led to easy points for his opponent.  Obviously being down 0-4 and having to initiate a lot of action is in direct conflict with Dake's style of carefully managing a match.  That was tough to watch, he's been a great champion for so long, has battled through some tough injuries and the Mount Everest of getting past Burroughs, and his dreams just blew up in a matter of seconds.  

1 minute ago, drag it said:

All true, but it all flowed from the beginning.  I look at it like it was one very bad position where he gave up the four (looked like he hesitated for a split second which you can't do against a savvy internationally experienced guy like that) and then after that all the points came from him taking big risks with little or no set-ups, which led to easy points for his opponent.  Obviously being down 0-4 and having to initiate a lot of action is in direct conflict with Dake's style of carefully managing a match.  That was tough to watch, he's been a great champion for so long, has battled through some tough injuries and the Mount Everest of getting past Burroughs, and his dreams just blew up in a matter of seconds.  

Had he kept his wits when it was 0-4 and regrouped mentally he would have realized he had all kinds of time to chip away at the deficit and there was no need to panic. Instead, he put himself in another bad position and went down 0-6. From then on, it looked to me like he was panicking and he continued to wrestle poorly. Credit to Belarus. He came in very prepared and took advantage of every opportunity given him. 

21 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Yeah the weakness was Kyle’s muscle mass, o2, and composure