Sign in to follow this  
OhioSpladle

Stieber Ramos Angle

I really wish that the officials would make the coaches behave. Iowa coaches (and I am sure there are others) are over the top as far as how much leeway they are given. They should be made to stay in the chair area, on the carpet area by the chair. Would like to see team points taken away when coaches leave a specified area in both duel meets and tournaments.

This post is not intended to focus on Brands, there are many coaches hat act like fools in the corner but they are a bit over the top with their antics. I didn't care for Brands much when he was a rookie head coach but I am starting to like him more as he matures into the position.

Okay so when i was watching it live i didnt think it was two, but now i watched the T.V broadcast i definitely say its two, but the thing is that 2 doesnt mean Ramos would have won, he needed a TD to win with or without it, which he did not get...

Is there a link to that video? I wanna see the video.

I can see from the image that video isn't reviewable, which would explain why the referee waved off the challenge.

Buckeye, I believe this is the footage from the actual camera matside, which I believe only certain people have access to. So i would have no idea how to find the video.

I thought Ramos deserved a slap on the mat from the ref myself. When I saw Stieber try that foolish of a scramble and get caught in a national championship match I was shocked. Ramos did what a champion would do and caught him. He just didn't get the call, unfortunately.

This is the key shot. Brands going back and to his right, shot from the back and left. Totally inconsistent with the shot from the front. Again. Back, and to the right. Back, and to the right. Back, and to the right.

Stop any conspiracy theory about this involving a grassy (Rob) Knoll!

I just watched this on the DVR last night. I had to laugh when Tom Brands jumped out of his seat in the stands (next to Tom Ryan) and ran down the stairs and across the floor to the Iowa corner to initiate the video review. Clearly strategic thinking by Tom B to select seats where Tom R could not run to the Ohio corner.

RamosStieber_zps986f6632.jpg

:roll:

Please watch the sequence at full speed instead of taking still frames - which are totally useless. From the time he locks the cradle to the time Stieber is belly-down and out of it...all of about 2-3seconds passed. That is the entire sequence. Not that Stieber was on his back for 2-3 seconds mind you....the entire sequence was 2-3 seconds. This wouldn't have even been a fall in freestyle...to argue otherwise is just silly.

I bet I can find still frames from hundreds and hundreds of matches that show someone flat like this - and they probably stayed flat for about 1/3 of a second. Ill say it again - still frames are useless. All you have to do is watch the sequence and you can see, very clearly and beyond any doubt, that there was no fall.

Argue back points all you want, at least you have some grounds to argue. Pin - no chance.

There is a reason that neither Ramos, nor Brands, were arguing for the pin - because it was not a pin.

Pa-Fan,

I agree, no one argued for a pin at the time. I don't believe a fall call can truly be seen as a possibility, but a case can be made for backpoints. This was a very entertaining sequence; I don't know why Stieber attempted that counter!

I don't think Brands was actually in the way of the camera until after the pertinent action took place, but based on the video and pics I've seen, it looks like Ramos himself was in between the camera and Stieber's shoulders, making a change to the call impossible, as there's no way to tell for how long Stieber broke the 45 degree angle necessary for back points.

RamosStieber_zps986f6632.jpg

:roll:

Please watch the sequence at full speed instead of taking still frames - which are totally useless. From the time he locks the cradle to the time Stieber is belly-down and out of it...all of about 2-3seconds passed. That is the entire sequence. Not that Stieber was on his back for 2-3 seconds mind you....the entire sequence was 2-3 seconds. This wouldn't have even been a fall in freestyle...to argue otherwise is just silly.

I bet I can find still frames from hundreds and hundreds of matches that show someone flat like this - and they probably stayed flat for about 1/3 of a second. Ill say it again - still frames are useless. All you have to do is watch the sequence and you can see, very clearly and beyond any doubt, that there was no fall.

Argue back points all you want, at least you have some grounds to argue. Pin - no chance.

There is a reason that neither Ramos, nor Brands, were arguing for the pin - because it was not a pin.

This thread was started based on a still frame. And that's definitely a pin in Freestyle, what are you talking about?

But I don't think it was a fall in Folkstyle.