Jump to content
Grecojones

Discussion thread for 65kg (m), 97kg (m), and 50kg (w)

Recommended Posts

For Mohammadian to win Gold he likely has to beat: Odikadze, Sadulaev, Hushtyn and Snyder. To win Bronze he probably has to beat: Odikadze, Sharifov and Hushtyn. 

Hard to imagine a harder draw for him, but Sadulaev has a tough first match too. Snyder with the easiest draw he could ever have hoped for and that could help him in the final. 

Mohammadian has lost to Sharifov and Odikadze but those were both in 2015, he hasn't wrestled them since his 2019 return. He has beaten most of the guys in the other bracket since his return (Snyder, Yergali, Conyedo and Ibragimov) and has two wins against Hushytn since then too. 

Edited by The Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, The Genius said:

For Mohammadian to win Gold he likely has to beat: Odikadze, Sadulaev, Hushtyn and Snyder. To win Bronze he probably has to beat: Odikadze, Sharifov and Hushtyn. 

Hard to imagine a harder draw for him, but Sadulaev has a tough first match too. Snyder with the easiest draw he could ever have hoped for and that could help him in the final. 

Mohammadian has lost to Sharifov and Odikadze but those were both in 2015, he hasn't wrestled them since his 2019 return. He has beaten most of the guys in the other bracket since his return (Snyder, Yergali, Conyedo and Ibragimov) and has two wins against Hushytn since then too. 

He did lose to Sharifov in 2019, it was one of his first tournaments back. Then Sharifov lost to Jabrailov in the final, it was some random tournament in Russia, but the video isn't available online outside of short clips I have seen on instagram and the result is not even registered on the database. @Jon_Kozak  @wrestfan do you know what tournament Mohamadian's most recent loss to Sharifov was at?

He teched Urishev for the bronze at that tournament. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

He did lose to Sharifov in 2019, it was one of his first tournaments back. Then Sharifov lost to Jabrailov in the final, it was some random tournament in Russia, but the video isn't available online outside of short clips I have seen on instagram and the result is not even registered on the database. @Jon_Kozak  @wrestfan do you know what tournament Mohamadian's most recent loss to Sharifov was at?

He teched Urishev for the bronze at that tournament. 

You're right, I remember that now, although I never saw a video of it. That was the Alrosa Cup in 2019, he lost 4-3. 

I found this tweet, seems like Mohammadian should have won:

 

Edited by The Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Genius said:

You're right, I remember that now, although I never saw a video of it. That was the Alrosa Cup in 2019, he lost 4-3. 

I found this tweet, seems like Mohammadian should have won:

 

What's wild is Odikadze beat Sharifov at the German League like a month before Sharifov beat Mohammadian. Then a few months later Mohammadian pins Snyder.

A year and a half to two years have past since those results tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Mohammadian/Sadulaev in the second round is a massive match. I think Mohammadian gives Sadulaev a match and maybe pulls the upset. He’s looked insanely good lately 

I agree and hope he does. Fingers crossed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the draw done after seeds? Is it chosen or random? If so who chooses them? If they are chosen this reeks of the IOC or whoever trying their best to get a rematch of Snyder vs Sadulaev.

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

How is the draw done after seeds? Is it chosen or random? If so who chooses them? If they are chosen this reeks of the IOC or whoever trying their best to get a rematch of Snyder vs Sadulaev.

In the past, the wrestlers would pull a draw number out of a hat (essentially)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DocBZ said:

Holy hell who did Snyder bribe to get that draw?? The 4 guys with wins over him are all on the other side of the bracket. Should be a cakewalk to the finals for him.

 

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7129249-snyder-hildebrandt-receive-olympic-draws

I could be an answer to prayer, but I doubt Snyder thinks about avoiding opponents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DocBZ said:

How is the draw done after seeds? Is it chosen or random? If so who chooses them? If they are chosen this reeks of the IOC or whoever trying their best to get a rematch of Snyder vs Sadulaev.

...or it's random. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DocBZ said:

How is the draw done after seeds? Is it chosen or random? If so who chooses them? If they are chosen this reeks of the IOC or whoever trying their best to get a rematch of Snyder vs Sadulaev.

Apparently a random draw and recorded on the Ethereum blockchain (whatever that means). They publish videos of the draws when they make them.

One hell of a "random" draw to get the three best 97kg wrestlers all in one half of one bracket, but hey, I guess it happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadulaev seeded so the other two guys were either going to be split apart or on the same side.  I guess both could have been on Synder's side too but  the odds aren't that outrageous. Synder was going to be separated from Sad no matter what because he was seeded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Sadulaev seeded so the other two guys were either going to be split apart or on the same side.  I guess both could have been on Synder's side too but  the odds aren't that outrageous. Synder was going to be separated from Sad no matter what because he was seeded.

The two non-seeded guys that have beaten Snyder (Mohammadian and Sharifov) both ended up on Sadulaev's bracket - Snyder got a very very lucky lopsided draw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Genius said:

The two non-seeded guys that have beaten Snyder (Mohammadian and Sharifov) both ended up on Sadulaev's bracket - Snyder got a very very lucky lopsided draw. 

I’ll go with your Christmas gift of a draw on this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Sadulaev seeded so the other two guys were either going to be split apart or on the same side.  I guess both could have been on Synder's side too but  the odds aren't that outrageous. Synder was going to be separated from Sad no matter what because he was seeded.

Odds should be 1/2 * 6/14 =  21%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...