Grecojones

Discussion thread for 65kg (m), 97kg (m), and 50kg (w)

3 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

100%

He went low ankle to Sad’s left leg back to back shots and got exposed. Didn’t take any other decent shot to his right leg. 

Why a dude built like that isn’t playing the otoguru short offense game is beyond me.  I think we’ve learned here that Cael is best at coaching guys who are built like him, hence the gilman success.  I hope kyle likes it at NLWC, cause i don’t think he is any better technically, and his aggression has gone through the floor.

Edited by Drew87

2 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

I can’t recall the last time i’ve seen him try to finish back door on anybody, it’s like he’s never pulled his knees under himself before.

Kyle looked better from an agility standpoint but he definitely has lost some strength. Sad easily has the strength to defend every posting against him. 

Why a dude built like that isn’t playing the otoguru short offense game is beyond me.  I think we’ve learned here that Cael is best at coaching guys who are built like him, hence the gilman success.  I hope kyle likes it at NLWC, cause i don’t think he is any better technically, and his aggression has gone through the floor.
Did anyone check on Taylor's twitter feed? Did he bash Snyder for his passive approach? Or being unable to turn the Champ with a trapped arm high gut wrench?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ouch

Just now, cjc007 said:

Did anyone check on Taylor's twitter feed? Did he bash Snyder for his passive approach? Or being unable to turn the Champ with a trapped arm high gut wrench?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

lol

I’ll get bashed, but this is why I wanted Cox. He would have likely lost as well, but barring some fluke, Kyle cannot beat Sad. I don’t care what the jingoistic American Floboys say, Kyle is a clear step below Sad. 

And if he gets a bad bracket draw, he likely loses to the Iranian before he even faces Sad. 

Snyder is the man, and it should be a credit to him that a silver medal begets such scrutiny, but the way he wrestled this tournament was worthy of 3rd/4th.  I’m not more than 60/40 confident in him beating sharifov, odekadze or salas if he faces them.  

Dude’s best shot used to be a head outside cross low single penetrating with the inside knee, that was so unique guys didn’t know what to do with it, i havent seen that in years.  He doesn’t have the length or the flexibility to do the cael sanderson/david taylor octopus attack.

1 minute ago, MizzouGrad said:

I’ll get bashed, but this is why I wanted Cox. He would have likely lost as well, but barring some fluke, Kyle cannot beat Sad. I don’t care what the jingoistic American Floboys say, Kyle is a clear step below Sad. 

And if he gets a bad bracket draw, he likely loses to the Iranian before he even faces Sad. 

Nah you won’t get bashed, J’den would have beaten that Sad.  J’den is faster and more creative, and has the length and speed to give Sad problems.  

Almost forgot about J’den for a second there.

Just now, Drew87 said:

Snyder is the man, and it should be a credit to him that a silver medal begets such scrutiny, but the way he wrestled this tournament was worthy of 3rd/4th.  I’m not more than 60/40 confident in him beating sharifov, odekadze or salas if he faces them.  

Dude’s best shot used to be a head outside cross low single penetrating with the inside knee, that was so unique guys didn’t know what to do with it, i havent seen that in years.  He doesn’t have the length or the flexibility to do the cael sanderson/david taylor octopus attack.

Please find me a single clip of him hitting a head outside low single. TIA

Welcome to the dumbest thread from the Olympics. Snyder has won a gold and a silver medal in the last 2 Olympic Games. He lost a 6-3 tough match to a guy who is 138-2 in his international career and hasn’t surrendered a point in the Olympics. Sads last loss was 4 years ago. But the armchair quarterbacks tell me Snyder hasn’t improved, Cael can’t coach, and Snyder is lucky he even won a silver. What a joke. 

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Welcome to the dumbest thread from the Olympics. Snyder has won a gold and a silver medal in the last 2 Olympic Games. He lost a 6-3 tough match to a guy who is 138-2 in his international career and hasn’t surrendered a point in the Olympics. Sads last loss was 4 years ago. But the armchair quarterbacks tell me Snyder hasn’t improved, Cael can’t coach, and Snyder is lucky he even won a silver. What a joke. 

1.) His draw was incredible. The top 5 guys outside of him were on the other side. That’s a fact. Not an opinion. 

2.) Kyle has improved and looks more agile. But he isn’t close to Sad. 

3.) The FloBoys worship Kyle so there is zero criticism around him. The fact is he is closer to bronze/5th place versus Gold. 

5 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

This/\

I've seriously laughed a couple times and though...ehhh, not even worth a comment.

1 minute ago, MizzouGrad said:

1.) His draw was incredible. The top 5 guys outside of him were on the other side. That’s a fact. Not an opinion. 

2.) Kyle has improved and looks more agile. But he isn’t close to Sad. 

3.) The FloBoys worship Kyle so there is zero criticism around him. The fact is he is closer to bronze/5th place versus Gold. 

What medal is Snyder leaving with? 

Also, I know this is a stupid path to go down with you after your comical Cox meltdowns over and over, but can you give me a tangible results that makes you think Cox would’ve done better? “He’s faster and more explosive” is a stupid reason. I’m sure Sadulaev would just panic and fold because he’s never seen a fast, explosive wrestler before. Cox is a world gold medalist at a non-Olympic weight, which obviously didn’t go well for Dake having to move into an Olympic weight spot. Sitting here with hindsight claiming definitively that Cox would’ve done better is nonsense.

7 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Uhoh, people are pointing out salient observations of the two most unassailable people in US wrestling?

Nobody said cael can’t coach, the point was cael’s style works for lanky dudes, not brick ****houses.  What is the predominant build of successful PSU wrestlers?

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Also, I know this is a stupid path to go down with you after your comical Cox meltdowns over and over, but can you give me a tangible results that makes you think Cox would’ve done better? “He’s faster and more explosive” is a stupid reason. I’m sure Sadulaev would just panic and fold because he’s never seen a fast, explosive wrestler before. Cox is a world gold medalist at a non-Olympic weight, which obviously didn’t go well for Dake having to move into an Olympic weight spot. Sitting here with hindsight claiming definitively that Cox would’ve done better is nonsense.

Based on how muxh snyder just got big brothered, the option is worth remembering.  Though, again, making weight is really rather important.

12 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

This is correct.

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Your reading comprehension is very poor for an adult male. I said Cox would most likely lose, but he at least offered something creative and fresh for Sad. 

Kyle was extremely basic and technically inferior to Sad. He tried to conserve energy in the first period then gas him in the second. That’s an endurance play, not a technical or athletic strategy. 

I hope they wrestle again in a few months and Kyle tries something different. 

Uhoh, people are pointing out salient observations of the two most unassailable people in US wrestling?

Nobody said cael can’t coach, the point was cael’s style works for lanky dudes, not brick ****houses.  What is the predominant build of successful PSU wrestlers?

Okay oh wise one. Tell me, how do you beat Sadulaev? The man who is as close to unbeatable as we’ve seen in this generation of wrestling. What’s the secret formula that no one can figure out that only you know? You think Cael can’t watch tape and see things that you can’t? It’s damn hard to do. Hence why no one has done it in 4 years and why Sad has only lost 2 senior level matches in his life.