Grecojones

Discussion thread for 65kg (m), 97kg (m), and 50kg (w)

2 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Your reading comprehension is very poor for an adult male. I said Cox would most likely lose, but he at least offered something creative and fresh for Sad. 

Kyle was extremely basic and technically inferior to Sad. He tried to conserve energy in the first period then gas him in the second. That’s an endurance play, not a technical or athletic strategy. 

I hope they wrestle again in a few months and Kyle tries something different. 

Lol I stopped reading here. Steps to being mizzougrad when logging into message board.

1) have horrible take

2) whine about Cox

3) get laughed at by rest of board

4) insult other people’s intelligence because you’re self conscious about your own

5) rinse and repeat 

Have a good rest of your day :) 

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Lol I stopped reading here. Steps to being mizzougrad when logging into message board.

1) have horrible take

2) whine about Cox

3) get laughed at by rest of board

4) insult other people’s intelligence because you’re self conscious about your own

5) rinse and repeat 

Have a good rest of your day :) 

Cool cool. Go ROC! 

18 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Nah you won’t get bashed, J’den would have beaten that Sad.  J’den is faster and more creative, and has the length and speed to give Sad problems.  

Almost forgot about J’den for a second there.

Lol J'Den just lost to a nobody down at 92kg. Dake should have been a lesson for you. The competition at the non-olympic weights isn't as strong.

Anybody who in the span of a few minutes claims Kyle Snyder is a technical simpleton, his signature shot is a shot he's never hit, and that a guy who just lost down a weight at a warmup tournament would have beaten a guy on pace to be the GOAT deserves to be laughed at and ignored for the remainder of his tenure on the board. All time dumb posting. At least MizzouGrad has the excuse of being a bitter, miserable man upset that his guy didn't make weight.

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Okay oh wise one. Tell me, how do you beat Sadulaev? The man who is as close to unbeatable as we’ve seen in this generation of wrestling. What’s the secret formula that no one can figure out that only you know? You think Cael can’t watch tape and see things that you can’t? It’s damn hard to do. Hence why no one has done it in 4 years and why Sad has only lost 2 senior level matches in his life. 

Hey man, he beat him once before, but this time around he put himself in positions that he clearly was uncomfortable in.  

You are not given a pass for making bad decisions because your opponent is good.  And just because you wrestled a good opponent doesn’t mean it wasn’t a poor performance.  

Sadulaev didn’t do a damn thing in that match. Kyle looked very nervous and moved like he was nervous.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Lol J'Den just lost to a nobody down at 92kg. Dake should have been a lesson for you. The competition at the non-olympic weights isn't as strong.

Anybody who in the span of a few minutes claims Kyle Snyder is a technical simpleton, his signature shot is a shot he's never hit, and that a guy who just lost down a weight at a warmup tournament would have beaten a guy on pace to be the GOAT deserves to be laughed at and ignored for the remainder of his tenure on the board. All time dumb posting. At least MizzouGrad has the excuse of being a bitter, miserable man upset that his guy didn't make weight.

Your logical progression has about a half dozen flaws. For one, using the transitive property is the all-time dumbest comments in sports. 

You sound like crappy Big Ten team trying to get in a good bowl. Well Wisconsin beat USF, who beat South Carolina, who beat Florida, who beat Auburn, who beat LSU, who beat Alabama.

So Wisconsin is better than Alabama!! 

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I understand defending a great wrestler, but his assets are raw and physical in nature, I would never accuse him of being slick.

I wanted him to win really badly and am disappointed in the effort put forth.  No I’m not an olympic wrestler, that doesn’t invalidate the critiques.

I would rather be critical and believe he still has gold in him than say he is washed up.  Those are the options.

ok saduleav is better and this is sour grapes...but this is why i consider international styles to be sumo

saduleav did nothing but hold center in the first period.

in the second period he ran and did a counter for 2. (he had another similar counter either at end of first or beginning of second)

but had not one offensive move and was never cautioned to my eyes in the second while running continually.

should snyder been put on shot clock in first. yes. but that just verifies my point.. b/c sad played sumo and controlled center he wins. to my eyes thats not wrestling. thats sumo.

dont tell me not to watch.. i love to watch. but either there is a bias or its just bad.

i mean gable launches petrasvili and gets one, today the canadian clearly stepped out and launches with no exposure and the ref signals 4. now it might not have been upheld... didn't continue watching.. but an american would never have gotten that call.

i know i know..im a homer. but you can't tell me that match was a championship effort on either guys part.

11 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Hey man, he beat him once before, but this time around he put himself in positions that he clearly was uncomfortable in.  

You are not given a pass for making bad decisions because your opponent is good.  And just because you wrestled a good opponent doesn’t mean it wasn’t a poor performance.  

Sadulaev didn’t do a damn thing in that match. Kyle looked very nervous and moved like he was nervous.

What you’re saying is assuming Sad hasn’t improved in the course of 4 years. I’m not saying Snyder is above criticism, no one is. But this board has lost its mind on this topic. Snyder went into intermission down 2-0 (shot clock and step out). He came out of intermission and got in on 2 deep shots. Sadulaev is probably the strongest pound for pound wrestler in the world and hoisted Snyder completely air-born within seconds of his shot. I know John Smith was calling for Snyder to lift Sad, but I really don’t know how it was physically possible. Sad had Snyder air-born within milliseconds of Snyder getting in deep. I really don’t think Snyder wrestled poorly. He just ran into an unbeatable meat grinder. I put Snyder’s chances at maybe 5-10% going into the match and I think he performed about as well as we could’ve hoped for. I mean he’s the only guy who scored on Sad in the Olympics so that obviously says something. 

Edited by goheels1812

1 minute ago, Drew87 said:

I understand defending a great wrestler, but his assets are raw and physical in nature, I would never accuse him of being slick.

I wanted him to win really badly and am disappointed in the effort put forth.  No I’m not an olympic wrestler, that doesn’t invalidate the critiques.

I would rather be critical and believe he still has gold in him than say he is washed up.  Those are the options.

Dude, he's wrestling the greatest of this generation and is the only dude to make him actually work his entire career. 

There's a difference between being not being "slick" and being a "technical simpleton." Kyle hits a ton of high level technique and if you don't see that, it's because you're the technical simpleton.

He's a power wrestler, but that doesn't mean he's muscling his way to all his scores. His best shot is his right hand low single off an overtie snap. He'll snap the hands to the mat, but remain in his level change and drop in when the opponent rises. He's got picks to both sides from multiple ties. He's got a nice high crotch off a left hand collar or inside tie. He does a Yazdani foot stomp snatch single. He does a lot of intricate handfighting.

How often do you see guys on Sadulaev's legs? How often did Kyle get there? Enough said.

1 hour ago, Drew87 said:

Man no joke, two cautions within 5 seconds, that was very close to highway robbery.

It remains my least favorite part of this scoring structure that the personality and whims of referees  an influence a match so much.

and sad was not cautioned once in the second period

Just now, uncle bernard said:

Dude, he's wrestling the greatest of this generation and is the only dude to make him actually work his entire career. 

There's a difference between being not being "slick" and being a "technical simpleton." Kyle hits a ton of high level technique and if you don't see that, it's because you're the technical simpleton.

He's a power wrestler, but that doesn't mean he's muscling his way to all his scores. His best shot is his right hand low single off an overtie snap. He'll snap the hands to the mat, but remain in his level change and drop in when the opponent rises. He's got picks to both sides from multiple ties. He's got a nice high crotch off a left hand collar or inside tie. He does a Yazdani foot stomp snatch single. He does a lot of intricate handfighting.

How often do you see guys on Sadulaev's legs? How often did Kyle get there? Enough said.

Once again, cherrypicking and ignoring that I said “relatively”.  

I believe snyder has fallen off in a few areas of his wrestling, not improved.  The media is all over sadulaev bc a spooky good russian wrestler sells, but i feel like he’s getting conor mcgregor treatment.  Yes he’s excellent, but he didn’t wrestle an impressive match, and kyle wrestled a mistake-filled match.  

To answer your question, he beat sadulaev by going to the body, forward pressure and and getting him to his knees. 

Let’s not pretend this is anywhere close to the best kyle snyder we’ve ever seen.

16 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

WHAT?!?!

He went after him the whole match. And he didn't put himself in positions he wasn't comfortable in. He went to his best attacks. He finishes those on every guy he wrestles. He went strength on strength and lost because Sadulaev is better. He's a freak.

If we're being honest, he won the first match because Sadulaev was out of shape and melted down. 

2 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

I believe snyder has fallen off in a few areas of his wrestling, not improved.  The media is all over sadulaev bc a spooky good russian wrestler sells, but i feel like he’s getting conor mcgregor treatment.  Yes he’s excellent, but he didn’t wrestle an impressive match, and kyle wrestled a mistake-filled match.  

To answer your question, he beat sadulaev by going to the body, forward pressure and and getting him to his knees. 

Let’s not pretend this is anywhere close to the best kyle snyder we’ve ever seen.

OH. MY. GOD.

11 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Yes and significantly. He just happened to run into his arch-rival P4P opponent who is currently  even better. 

maybe

i just saw bad shots. yes sad is incredible... and we didn't get pinned... maybe he just needs more time ?

he is only 25, but so is sad

5 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Dude, just wow. It’s okay to stop doubling and tripling down at this point. 

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

WHAT?!?!

He went after him the whole match. And he didn't put himself in positions he wasn't comfortable in. He went to his best attacks. He finishes those on every guy he wrestles. He went strength on strength and lost because Sadulaev is better. He's a freak.

If we're being honest, he won the first match because Sadulaev was out of shape and melted down. 

I’m not sure how much kyle snyder you’ve been watching in the past few years, it has been a while since he’s been at peak peak form.  He used to maul everyone. “Maul, I tell you.”

He also used to be even bigger than he is now.  

I’m choosing to believe that snyder still has hope in the future, not that he was sadulaev’s brandon slay.