Grecojones

Discussion thread for 65kg (m), 97kg (m), and 50kg (w)

I cannot remember a more stacked weight class than 65kg.  Just reading those names, it is not as much of a disappointment that we couldn’t qualify.

This weight class is absolutely jammed full with unreal talent.

42 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

I cannot remember a more stacked weight class than 65kg.  Just reading those names, it is not as much of a disappointment that we couldn’t qualify.

This weight class is absolutely jammed full with unreal talent.

It is still highly disappointing to not qualify the weight.  This is a country that not too long ago won the team title.  For whatever reason, 65 kg has been one of our weakest weights for a very long time. 

43 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

It is still highly disappointing to not qualify the weight.  This is a country that not too long ago won the team title.  For whatever reason, 65 kg has been one of our weakest weights for a very long time. 

That’s because the critical mass of talented wrestlers in the US (the 60-75kg range) have to focus on riding time rather than gut wrenches 

Just now, Grecojones said:

All the firepower is on the otherside. He should cruise to the final unless i'm missing something...

I must have looked at the brackets wrong, i thought he had a sadulaev semi, my bad

15 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

@LJB you see how active Sharifov was underneath defending that gut? Looked like a greco match for a second. Didn't matter because Sadulaev is inevitable.

#truestory