Sign in to follow this  
nom

Taylor Olympic GOLD medal match

Taylor looking happy and excited.  

Taylor fires off whistle.  To far a reach as Yaz sprawls.  Stand up.  

Heavy hands, both snapping.  Taylor warned for passivity.  1 min in.  Taylor reaches but misses.  1:30 in.  Taylor on clock.  No passives to Yaz yet I think.  Locked up at heads, pushing in by both.  1-0 Yaz with shot clock point.  Yaz working underhook.  Taylor to knee on edge.  out.  grounded.  

T fires but backs out.  Yaz working left side under.  

1-0 end of first.  Taylor with no solid threats there.

Yaz working new strategy.  Reserving energy.  Taylor fires, backs out.  

Yaz driving in, Taylor grounded.  Point to iran for what?  and caution.   Ugh.  2-0 Yaz.

Now Taylor with high crotch TD!  2-2.  Taylor winning.

Damn, underhook drive out.  Yaz up 3-2.  Taylor not winning the pushing battles.

1:30 left.  Yaz pushes Taylor to edge again.  Taylor drops to knees.  Now both to feet in middle.  1 min left.

Come on David.  David reaches, no.  Uh oh.  No good set ups here.  Taylor reaching.  Needs better shot.  Yaz blocking off.  Taylor trying to put combos together but getting stuck underneath.  22 seconds.  

TD Taylor!! Double and drove through!!  Wow!!!    4-3!!!

TAYLOR WINS GOLD!!!!

How fun has it been for us US fans to watch this dude develop over the years?  Always entertaining as hell, always attacking, had some real heartbreakers with Dake and JB but persevered like the champion he is!  Dreams do come true!!!

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Yazdani I feel bad for. True warrior spirit. 

David Taylor is champ!!! Best US wrestler.

An amazing match. Gable will have a chance to make a case for that "best US wrestler".

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Yazdani I feel bad for. True warrior spirit. 

David Taylor is champ!!! Best US wrestler.

Tentatively agree. Let’s see what Gable does in the finals. If he dominates again we have to look real hard at him being in that conversation 

*Edit Heck Snyder for that matter. If he beats tank I think we gotta three way race going

Edited by Grecojones

Comment from Iran board (one of many like it): 

"Unlucky Yaz. The strategy I understand but he needed at least a couple of attacks too. He was leaving it too close and it cost him this time. Tough one for him." 

Really all Yaz did was grab DT's head and push. It almost worked, but was unimpressive against a clutch DT.

45 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Really all Yaz did was grab DT's head and push. It almost worked, but was unimpressive against a clutch DT.

•  

The Iranian underhook is legendary,  Yaz did far more than grab a head    

2 hours ago, nom said:

Yaz working new strategy.  Reserving energy.  Taylor fires, backs out.  

Yaz driving in, Taylor grounded.  Point to iran for what?  and caution.   Ugh.  2-0 Yaz.

Now Taylor with high crotch TD!  2-2.  Taylor winning.

Damn, underhook drive out.  Yaz up 3-2.  Taylor not winning the pushing battles.

1:30 left.  Yaz pushes Taylor to edge again.  Taylor drops to knees.  Now both to feet in middle.  1 min left.

Come on David.  David reaches, no.  Uh oh.  No good set ups here.  Taylor reaching.  Needs better shot.  Yaz blocking off.  Taylor trying to put combos together but getting stuck underneath.  22 seconds.  

TD Taylor!! Double and drove through!!  Wow!!!    4-3!!!

TAYLOR WINS GOLD!!!!

After using zero reactions today, I am apparently out of reactions. So, emogi-less thank you, @nom

18 minutes ago, NJDan said:

He grabbed a head and an armpit?

Both of his pushouts came of his left side underhook.  That's kind of his thing.  Taylor did amazing pretty much shutting it down.

Edited by matts1w