Anyone else getting frustrated with the coverage?  I go to the NBC site and have no idea which stream to open to watch which matches.  I can't tell who's on deck, who's in the hole, general timing of what to watch and when.  Commercials the second you click the link, start scrolling to try to find what you want to watch and you'll have to watch 3 commercials by the time you find it.  I was watching a replay of the Taylor finals and mid match it just cut out and now I have to go back and try to refind it which I'm struggling with since certain links are bringing me to the wrong place.  Maybe if you really studied the site some of these things you'd be able to figure out but in this day and age and the biggest stage I just find this coverage weak at best.

Anyone else getting frustrated with the coverage?  I go to the NBC site and have no idea which stream to open to watch which matches.  I can't tell who's on deck, who's in the hole, general timing of what to watch and when.  Commercials the second you click the link, start scrolling to try to find what you want to watch and you'll have to watch 3 commercials by the time you find it.  I was watching a replay of the Taylor finals and mid match it just cut out and now I have to go back and try to refind it which I'm struggling with since certain links are bringing me to the wrong place.  Maybe if you really studied the site some of these things you'd be able to figure out but in this day and age and the biggest stage I just find this coverage weak at best.
It is horrible. Why can't they stream the events live, for free?

I haven't watched worlds in years, and I doubt I still be following the sport at all in the next few years. Way too hard to follow, but they can show platform diving in prime time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

i think this is the best olympic coverage ever.

every single match is live on olympic channel and then they play replays of it darn near all day.

if you don't have that channel you can watch live online on nbcolympics. 

it's also been on USA channel.

if you don't have any of those options available to you...idk...look in to getting one of them

I don't have Olympic Channel available on my cable package, but I was able to download the Olympic Channel app to my Roku TV and FireStick  and am able to watch it that way..  I just kind of (luckily) stumbled into finding the app.  It's not NBCSports.

1 hour ago, Bearcat09 said:

The coverage has actually been pretty fantastic and way better than I expected.

You can find all the mat assignments and results to follow along here (change the date on the top left) - https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/wrestling/olympic-schedule-and-results-date=2021-08-06.htm

You can find the streams (including replays) of each of the mats here - https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule/sport/wrestling

There are no commercials on the regular streams, just the TV broadcast and app.

53 minutes ago, fatlaz said:

I don't have Olympic Channel available on my cable package, but I was able to download the Olympic Channel app to my Roku TV and FireStick  and am able to watch it that way..  I just kind of (luckily) stumbled into finding the app.  It's not NBCSports.

It's on my NBCSports app for firestick. It has the option to switch between the NBCsports and the Olympics. They have it as 2 separate things within the same app.

The web player is a little wonky and I HATE how they blow up a live stream when it ends (I've been watching it a couple hours after start in the am, don't want to get up at 4) but outside of that they've crushed it. 

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

every single match is live on olympic channel and then they play replays of it darn near all day.

if you don't have any of those options available to you...idk...look in to getting one of them

It is, by far. Zero streaming issues. All 3 mats available.  Announcing by JB and Smith.  Easily watched via replay.

Also it’s no extra cost if you pay for cable. If you don’t, sign up for a free trial for a week from any provider.

For people having issues, just use the nbcsports app and cast it to your TV. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

I have been just going through my Roku - it has it's Olympic channel on the left side - you just go to wrestling and watch whatever mat  you want. I thought it has been excellent. I can also see what matches are coming up so I can switch to the other mats. 

Just now, LJB said:

coverage has been great...

all you have to do to find brackets, mat assignments, and bout numbers is have a little personal initiative...

And even if you are completely lazy like me, just watch the Olympic channel coverage. They showed every match from a US athlete. 

Just now, Billyhoyle said:

And even if you are completely lazy like me, just watch the Olympic channel coverage. They showed every match from a US athlete. 

that is yet another option...

but...

it is easier to just complain when everything is not just handed to OP...

Was just saying earlier the coverage has been great.  I don't have to stay up until 2am and then get up at 5am just to watch, because they have each session on demand, but I choose to and enjoy either being able to select a mat and watch without commentating, or go to olympic channel where they jump mats to feature matchups with the commentating.  I mean other than someone getting the laptop all set up for you and dropping it in your lap while you sit reclined sipping on your drink.....I don't think it could get all that much better.  Lots of options to watch how and when you want.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Was just saying earlier the coverage has been great.  I don't have to stay up until 2am and then get up at 5am just to watch, because they have each session on demand, but I choose to and enjoy either being able to select a mat and watch without commentating, or go to olympic channel where they jump mats to feature matchups with the commentating.  I mean other than someone getting the laptop all set up for you and dropping it in your lap while you sit reclined sipping on your drink.....I don't think it could get all that much better.  Lots of options to watch how and when you want.

the above has been huge for me...

so nice just to watch wrestling without all the yacking going on...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

the above has been huge for me...

so nice just to watch wrestling without all the yacking going on...

Me as well.  I use Olympic channel when there's a series of matches I want to see coming up on different mats, but other than that I just pick a mat and keep up with the other match orders to know when to switch.

I tried to watch DT's gold medal match this morning but was unable too. When clicking the live stream link it asked me to sign in to a cable provider. I don't have cable or cable provider. Is there a way to watch it if you don't have a cable provider? I suck at these things lol.

I downloaded a free thing called Peacock and was watching a live Olympic broadcast as the match was going on but all they were showing was clips from pole vault and two dudes on a couch debating on how loud they would cry if they won a gold medal instead. No wrestling all morning.

The Olympic Channel app is pretty great... and the fact that you get John Smith and JB announcing rather than the usual schmucks - that's just insanely great.

Coverage is certainly nowhere near perfect, but when you consider where we were 10 years ago - it is astonishingly good right now. (And, basically, free.)