Sign in to follow this  
freestyle_fan

Dake vs Chamizo for Bronze

Dake looked really awful yesterday, but good thing is he is now back in repechage and I am pretty sure he will win that match and go for Bronze medal fight with Chamizo. Its going to be an interesting match, very important for both, I am excited for it. What's your take on this match. Will Dake gets it done with Bronze in Tokyo? 

I’m not convinced he wins his next match. I’d have to see how he looks there before I would be comfortable making a prediction about him vs Chamizo. I am still thinking that the weight cut is hurting him 

the belarusian didn't beat his first round opponent by much, recall it being a 1 or 2 takedown margin. 

Dake and dake fans shouldn't be overlooking anybody right now

Based on common opponent margin of victory on paper Dake is going to lose this match 

8 minutes ago, denger said:

A Bronze would speak volumes of Dake's mental toughness - to come back from something that embarrassing. 

Against a guy like Chamizo who also has to redeem himself and knows Dake is sucked out, it would be quite a statement. Cannot wait to see it.

Just now, wrestlingnerd said:

Against a guy like Chamizo who also has to redeem himself and knows Dake is sucked out, it would be quite a statement. Cannot wait to see it.

I sure hope we get to! I'm a fan of both. After Dake's loss I thought that I'd have very little chance of seeing one of my most anticipated matches. Not the same stakes as the Semis would have been, but still epic. 

10 minutes ago, denger said:

I sure hope we get to! I'm a fan of both. After Dake's loss I thought that I'd have very little chance of seeing one of my most anticipated matches. Not the same stakes as the Semis would have been, but still epic. 

Is there such a thing as an "epic" bronze medal match?

44 minutes ago, IronChef said:

I hope his weight is good. He doesn't have to worry about making it again, but he is literally the first match of the session. 

I thought they had to weigh-in again on the 2nd day, but with a 2 kg allowance? Is that no longer the case?

Edited by wnywrestling

56 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

the belarusian didn't beat his first round opponent by much, recall it being a 1 or 2 takedown margin. 

Dake and dake fans shouldn't be overlooking anybody right now

Based on common opponent margin of victory on paper Dake is going to lose this match 

That is true but he was up huge against the Cuban and took his foot off the gas, gave up a ton of points late.

Dake has to first beat another (different) Cuban before getting to Chamizo:

322 | Mat B

Winner 274 vs. Daniyar KAISANOV (KAZ) 

321 | Mat B

Winner 273 vs. Frank CHAMIZO MARQUEZ (ITA) 

9 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

After watching the Belarusian against both Dake and Chamizo, you have to be impressed.  That kid is hot!  Sometimes you have to give credit to the opponent.

Yes - credit given!   

1 hour ago, pennsyrules said:

After watching the Belarusian against both Dake and Chamizo, you have to be impressed.  That kid is hot!  Sometimes you have to give credit to the opponent.

He absolutely came ready to wrestle.