nom

Most clutch winning moments of all time

There have been some amazing clutch wins this Olympics.  Meaning wrestlers losing and finding a way to win in final seconds.

Gable’s 2 TDs against a multi-time world champion in course of about 15 seconds has to rank amongst the very best / impressive ever.

Others that rank way up there?

Edited by nom

1 minute ago, nom said:

Winning a match is not what I defined here as clutch.  I’m talking last minute / second heroics.

I think the title of this post is a bit misleading then IMO. 

"Most clutch match winning moments" would probably be more clear. 

Obviously Gable is up there. JB has a ton. Sidakov had a pair against JB unfortunately. LIkely many others that more knowledgeable posters can come up with.

49 minutes ago, wamba said:

I think the title of this post is a bit misleading then IMO. 

"Most clutch match winning moments" would probably be more clear. 

Obviously Gable is up there. JB has a ton. Sidakov had a pair against JB unfortunately. LIkely many others that more knowledgeable posters can come up with.

I like clear titles - changed

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

So hard that it hasn't been done.

Lol. Well, Gable did toy with the defending Olympic champ… and then got 2 takedowns in the last 20 seconds on the 3 time defending world champ. That is hard to beat.

Was it Saitiev who won gold in a legendary tiebreaker/overtime when his opponent won the coin toss and the guy started with his leg or something like that? Can someone help me here?

I'll add two on the Women's side that I can remember well.  Both are from Rio 2016.

Gold medal match.  Kaori Icho trailing by 1 with 30 seconds left.  Icho shoots on Koblova, Koblova counters with a single, in DEEP.  Icho fighting it off with time ticking down.  With 5 seconds left, Icho gets the takedown and secures her 4th straight Olympic title.

Eri Tosaka vs Stadnik, gold medal match.  Stadnik leading 2-1 with less than 30 seconds left, Tosaka going for it and shoots once, Stadnik defends.  Shoots with 15 seconds, Stadnik avoids it.    Tosaka ties up Stadnik and drops down for a single and gets the winning takedown with 5 seconds left to take the Gold at 48kg.

Was it Saitiev who won gold in a legendary tiebreaker/overtime when his opponent won the coin toss and the guy started with his leg or something like that? Can someone help me here?

That’s the one I was thinking of. Was it like saitiev vs. Geduev or something ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Rohn will always have this one.

For the olympics, the Indian Ravi who took silver was losing with a good bit of time left to mr singlet grab from kazakhstan and chucked him to his back and stuck him pretty late in the match.

Even with the points from that move he was still behind, so the pin was rather important.

Edited by Drew87