Lunaticfringe

Corruption at 65 KG?

14 hours ago, spladle08 said:

@LJB swooped in and said "it wasn't a bad call per se" and then some other stuff....
:)

I took that as: spladle08 was right, it was a terrible call that was influenced by the Russians, and although very knowledgeable, the rest of you guys missed on this one...

Thats just my interpretation.

i said it was not the wrong call, but, super chincy...

my feelings have not changed...

I'm not a gambling man, but I have a hard time imagining a market for a 1/4 final match in the Olympic bracket with the most parity. I suppose Tobier could have weighed his chances of getting past Aliyev and Bajrang and decided to take some money, but I have a hard time imagining that there would be much money in a bracket without clear favorites. He might have been favored in the 1/4 bracket,  but that match wasn't particularly anticipated like the semifinal would have been. FWIW, I'd rather have seen him challenge Aliyev 10hrs after weigh-ins...which would have put him close to a medal. Maybe an Olympic medal doesn't give you much in Cuba(?)

Given his past gassing problems, I think it's more likely that he needs to talk to Kid Dynamite about potato chips and beer. 

He is still VERY young.  He lost to JO, who one the trials in the closing seconds of his match.  The match with Lee,, I personally don't think he was in it mentally (yes, I know, an important part of the sport!).  

23 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

6 months ago, I would have agreed. But it appears he has regressed significantly. It’s a shame because he was my favorite to watch at the weight. Maybe a change of scenery to NLWC would help. Ithaca is good, but clearly a level below NLWC.

I know they have Nick Lee, but one thing I love about NLWC is they don’t reserve spots for their former undergrad athletes and go more for the survival of the fittest approach that used to be the MO of Gable’s HWC. If guys like Mark Hall, Bo Nickal, and Nico aren’t getting the job done, better athletes are brought in to utilize their outstanding coaching/training environment.

He is still VERY young.  He lost to JO, who one the trials in the closing seconds of his match.  The match with Lee,, I personally don't think he was in it mentally (yes, I know, an important part of the sport!).  

57 minutes ago, RED said:

Valdes was born in 1988 according to Wikipedia. He’s done