cjc007

The Champ is Saduleav

50 minutes ago, fadzaev2 said:

Yes, Makharbek Khadartzev is another great one!!!!!  Also, good point on 1984 with Fadzaev and Belaglozov...my money would have been on both of them!

Fadzaev would have wrestled against You In-Tak of South Korea and this was the only world level event he wrestled. He beat Andy Rein in the finals. Not the strongest weight class. And Maharbek would have had to bear Banach. 

We all know Sadulaev rarely makes any mistakes and his technique is almost always on point., but I really think J'Den with his head screwed on right(and not missing weigh in times) would give Sadulaev some problems mainly because of J'Den's athleticism, quickness, the ways he can score and if J'Den starts sweating a lot like against DT...lol

5 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

We all know Sadulaev rarely makes any mistakes and his technique is almost always on point., but I really think J'Den with his head screwed on right(and not missing weigh in times) would give Sadulaev some problems mainly because of J'Den's athleticism, quickness, the ways he can score and if J'Den starts sweating a lot like against DT...lol

Yes, the sweat is key and something Sadulaev has never experienced.

28 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

I hope Kyle Snyder doesn't believe that.

I'm certain he believes he can beat Sadulaev. I'm sure the only being he believes can't be beat is Jesus. If there's any internal struggle there, I bet KS thinks it between him and God Almighty. If he were more logical, he might have the disadvantage that his critics do. Thankfully for Team USA, he doesn't.

His commitment to make changes in his training, etc. is still his greatest advantage. 

3 minutes ago, denger said:

I'm certain he believes he can beat Sadulaev. I'm sure the only being he believes can't be beat is Jesus. If there's any internal struggle there, I bet KS thinks it between him and God Almighty. If he were more logical, he might have the disadvantage that his critics do. Thankfully for Team USA, he doesn't.

His commitment to make changes in his training, etc. is still his greatest advantage. 

Sadulaev would have no fear of Jesus. He might have trouble with Mohammad.

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I'm sure his faith is also an advantage! 

I do kinda wonder if they share a respect for one another's faith. I certainly respect both of theirs. along with others who manage to focus through that. I'm an atheist, but I find it admirable. 

10 minutes ago, denger said:

I'm sure his faith is also an advantage! 

I do kinda wonder if they share a respect for one another's faith. I certainly respect both of theirs. along with others who manage to focus through that. I'm an atheist, but I find it admirable. 

I for one don't care. I am tired of hearing about Snyder's faith and I don't want to know about Abdul's. And do they respect each other's faith: Assume they do, but don't care. It would be more interesting if they hated each other's faith, I guess.

1 hour ago, denger said:

You denigrating his faith is pretty pitiful and not even remotely clever.

4 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Fadzaev would have wrestled against You In-Tak of South Korea and this was the only world level event he wrestled. He beat Andy Rein in the finals. Not the strongest weight class. And Maharbek would have had to bear Banach. 

Belaglozov would have had Tomiyama and or Barry Davis who won gold and silver.  My money is on Khadarzev, Fadzaev and Belaglozov.

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

I love when people talk about someone behind an anonymous message board completely different than they would if they were talking to that person. It’s cute. 

Like you do, cutie pie.

28 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

Sincerely, that was not my intention. I have respect for his faith. It is hard to speak intelligently about that when I don't share it. So I'll take the hint and shut up. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll do better. 

38 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

His God Squad; I'm better than you bc I believe in the lord, etc makes it very hard to take him seriously as a person, despite his wrestling prowess.  

He doesn't have to spew that religious BS, but since he does, he will (and does) get mocked for it.  He kind of is a joke in this regard.  Perfect match for Carl.

3 hours ago, NJDan said:

Americans have such a shallow understanding of Islam. Sadulaev would have total respect and veneration for Jesus, as he is revered as one of the prophets sent by God, Mohammed being the most recent. The Quran describes Jesus as the Messiah, born of a virgin, performing miracles, and raised into heaven. 

1 hour ago, Crash said:

His God Squad; I'm better than you bc I believe in the lord, etc makes it very hard to take him seriously as a person, despite his wrestling prowess.  

He doesn't have to spew that religious BS, but since he does, he will (and does) get mocked for it.  He kind of is a joke in this regard.  Perfect match for Carl.

Where has he said he is better than you because he believes in the Lord?

You call him simply giving his personal belief "spewing religious BS."  And that he should be mocked because he's a joke for it.

That level of denigration makes you a raging hypocrite.  You're the one lamenting him for what, in actuality, YOU are doing.  

Sadulaev is the current P4P without question. Only 25 with 6 world/olympic golds and one silver. Can score from any position and at any time. I was happy to see Kyle push him, you could tell Sad really put in a lot of effort in that finals match. Respect the character Sad seems to represent as well - seems like a really good guy on and off the mat. Would love to see him and a 100% Cox go at it (gotta favor Sadulaev all day)

3 hours ago, Crash said:

Thoroughly inaccurate and disingenuous portrayal of any references any NLWC guys make to religion. They do no more than many NFL and NBA players.

You fly against the very thing that makes our country a home for all in ridiculing snyder or anyone else for that matter for mentioning their personal faith.  

If someone mentioning a religion bothers you, maybe you have some soul searching to do yourself.  Yes, pun intended.

Also, if you don’t like religion and religious people, you should probably stay away from wrestling.  Besides the US christian contingent, 80% of olympic medalists pray 5 times a day.

Edited by Drew87

10 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Mine too. 

Here are two names to more than just consider...... Valentine Jordanov  8 world and Olympic Gold Medals.  2 bronze and 2 silver....On the Olympic side it's 1 gold and 1 bronze...the bronze coming at the end of his career.  Alexander Medved has 3 Olympic Gold, 7 World Gold and 1 silver and 1 bronze also at the World Championships.  To me, these may be, at least in part,  the benchmarks.

Edited by fadzaev2

7 hours ago, jackwebster said:

I noticed a lot of tats on Islamic wrestlers this year. 

Yeah I’m not sure what islamic interpretation allows for.  I don’t want to paint with an inappropriately broad brush, but acceptance of and adherence to different parts of islamic religious prescriptions seems to vary pretty widely even within the small geographic area that pulls down most of the medals.

Turkey, Iran, Dagestan, Azerbaijian all predominantly to completely muslim, but all with different cultural fabrics over which to lay islam, hence beards vs no beards, tattoos, etc.