cjc007

The Champ is Saduleav

22 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

He did not wrestle a good match, but he is not the better wrestler. What did you see that makes you think he is better? His ability to get in on a shot and turned?

That's funny.  He definitely did that well.  Perhaps a little bias coming through...

12 hours ago, Crash said:

His God Squad; I'm better than you bc I believe in the lord, etc makes it very hard to take him seriously as a person, despite his wrestling prowess.  

He doesn't have to spew that religious BS, but since he does, he will (and does) get mocked for it.  He kind of is a joke in this regard.  Perfect match for Carl.

he doesn't believe that.

also, i was told by many that telling your truth is power. 

is this the wrong truth? 

14 hours ago, Crash said:

His God Squad; I'm better than you bc I believe in the lord, etc makes it very hard to take him seriously as a person, despite his wrestling prowess.  

He doesn't have to spew that religious BS, but since he does, he will (and does) get mocked for it.  He kind of is a joke in this regard.  Perfect match for Carl.

I've never heard Kyle Snyder or Cael Sanderson spew anything like "better than thou...because religion". I've heard Kyle describe that he's doing what God wants him to do, which in the context of those statements is to be the best wrestler he can be. If he were using his platform to chastise, then you'd have a point. If he said something like, "Jesus makes me win, now believe what I believe or you're going to burn for eternity", I'd stop being a fan. If he used his platform to form a church of wrestling, I'd be holy $#!T skeptical, but I might still be a fan if they win. In the mean time, good for him! I admire how it keeps him focused. 

Edited by denger
typo

17 hours ago, TheOhioState said:

You denigrating his faith is pretty pitiful and not even remotely clever.

How was he denigrating his faith?  Seemed like a respectful post.  You seem to have an itchy trigger finger.

3 minutes ago, nom said:

How was he denigrating his faith?  Seemed like a respectful post.  You seem to have an itchy trigger finger.

I think its the timing and the fact that I initiated it. If the subject had already shifted to a comparison of faith or expression of faith, and if the context of my comment was in Synder's defense, then it's pure. Bringing up the subject on the day that Snyder suffers a major loss isn't so pure. ...and, I don't need to ruin a thread by dragging religion in, which also is not my intention. I'm just curious about those aspects of elite competitors, benefits and pitfalls of different perspectives and cultures. 

On 8/7/2021 at 5:40 AM, Drew87 said:

Lots of guys at 97kg have been around forever.  Lots of graybeards.  

I always root for them. Watching Ibragimov lose a squeaker to Karadeniz broke my heart, I wanted to see the almost 38yo caveman make it to Snyder and take bronze

On 8/7/2021 at 8:47 AM, jackwebster said:

Disagree. That match was exciting for me, and I bet casuals would have liked it too. You have the element of rivalry. You have USA vs USSR. The action looked cool: Sad flipped Snyder butt over head twice. Snyder mounted a comeback and just missed exposing Sad from the waterfall position. Snyder came out of a scramble with a trap arm. Even if you grant that Sad was just playing defense after the first exposure, the neophyte would still have things to look at. I mean the way Snyder tried to get long to defend the chest wrap looked like a physics experiment.

USSR?

18 hours ago, AHamilton said:

USSR?

Didn't they quit the olympics 30 years ago?

Russia didn't compete at the 2020 Olympics in 2021, either. 

Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan all had reps at 97kg, but none of them wrestled Snyder. 

I'm not sure what he's talking about? ; )

i am legit chuckling...
...who the hell taught Ferrari to pose like this? Very weird.

...open up the chest for Christ's sake and flex your biceps.

...bent over must be the Jersey in him.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've never heard Kyle Snyder or Cael Sanderson spew anything like "better than thou...because religion". I've heard Kyle describe that he's doing what God wants him to do, which in the context of those statements is to be the best wrestler he can be. If he were using his platform to chastise, then you'd have a point. If he said something like, "Jesus makes me win, now believe what I believe or you're going to burn for eternity", I'd stop being a fan. If he used his platform to form a church of wrestling, I'd be holy $#!T skeptical, but I might still be a fan if they win. In the mean time, good for him! I admire how it keeps him focused. 
....Snyder made some weird comments after he beat Abdulrashid the first time. Basically, mocking him.

5 hours ago, denger said:

Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan all had reps at 97kg, but none of them wrestled Snyder. 

lol or 2016 (or 1992).

I know Saduleev was an age-cheater as a cadet, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't alive yet when there was a USSR.

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

What were they?

If I remember correctly, Snyder was riding high on the win and shot his mouth off about how he would win the next meeting by a bigger margin. He also made some comments about Sadulaev's coaches which were somewhat negative. Sadulaev mentioned these comments and criticized them in an interview. He said he didn't think it was proper behavior for a champion and that he would use it for motivation. 

To his credit, Kyle Snyder acknowledged Sadulaev's comments and agreed that perhaps he had spoken inappropriately. I believe it was a learning experience for Kyle Snyder. 

3 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

If I remember correctly, Snyder was riding high on the win and shot his mouth off about how he would win the next meeting by a bigger margin. He also made some comments about Sadulaev's coaches which were somewhat negative. Sadulaev mentioned these comments and criticized them in an interview. He said he didn't think it was proper behavior for a champion and that he would use it for motivation. 

To his credit, Kyle Snyder acknowledged Sadulaev's comments and agreed that perhaps he had spoken inappropriately. I believe it was a learning experience for Kyle Snyder. 

I'd like to see the exact quotes and wonder if something was lost in translation.

Tedeev's quotes on Gable were a bit insulting for instance, but I am willing to give him a pass due to a potentially bad translation.

14 hours ago, denger said:

I was talking archetypes, cliches, nostalgia, Rocky IV with the gloves exploding and sports training montage. . . Unless you think I missed the hideous reebok takeover of the unified team.

Edited by jackwebster

Re Islam vs Xtianity: Yay! Huntington's "Clash of Civilizations" . . . A myth that the neo-cons, jihadis, Zionists, the Oklahoma Republican Party, and the far-left can all agree on!

Edited by jackwebster

8 hours ago, simple said:

Just ftr because it keeps getting brought up, Sadulaev is not 25 years old. Still #1 p4p, just not 25.

Doesn't matter if he's 50 because the fact of the matter is he has lost twice as a senior and is the past & present P4P best in the world. Everything goes out the window once age groups don't matter.

17 hours ago, cjc007 said:

...who the hell taught Ferrari to pose like this? Very weird.

...open up the chest for Christ's sake and flex your biceps.

...bent over must be the Jersey in him.

Hahaha, that’s one thing, he loves flexing, but he does it really not very well, homie has never seen stallone, schwarzeneggar, or ronnie coleman, maybe ever.  Poor dude needs some 80’s in his life