Jump to content
cjc007

The Champ is Saduleav

Recommended Posts

there was a pic that surfaced a few years ago with sadulaeuv and his BC... it clearly showed he was 3 years older than originally claimed...

this hasn't mattered since about 2013...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LJB said:

there was a pic that surfaced a few years ago with sadulaeuv and his BC... it clearly showed he was 3 years older than originally claimed...

this hasn't mattered since about 2013...

That's assuming the picture is valid and the birth date isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Hahaha, that’s one thing, he loves flexing, but he does it really not very well, homie has never seen stallone, schwarzeneggar, or ronnie coleman, maybe ever.  Poor dude needs some 80’s in his life

McW6oot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would laugh at LIMarty's rants about the glory days, but the folks you mention are freaks who would win today using the same training, tactics, and strategies that they used then. 

And they wouldn’t be spending half the time on social media and playing video games, unless you include pong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, headshuck said:


And they wouldn’t be spending half the time on social media and playing video games, unless you include pong.

I don't agree with the implication that today's athletes are distracted thus flippant thus soft. Elite competitors today are better physically and technically than the elites of yesterday. It might be a wash in terms of mental toughness, but I don't see why we wouldn't find similar progress here too.

But the athletes listed above are not elite. They are freakish aberrations from teleological trends.

Edited by jackwebster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, AHamilton said:

I'd like to see the exact quotes and wonder if something was lost in translation.

Tedeev's quotes on Gable were a bit insulting for instance, but I am willing to give him a pass due to a potentially bad translation.

What did Tedeev say about Gable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

Maybe if he was 100% but not with the injured knee

I don't see why. Snyder and Gwiz were a close match. Snyder and Sad are also competitive. Gable beat an older Gwiz easily. The extra 40-50 pounds would help GS beat Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't see why. Snyder and Gwiz were a close match. Snyder and Sad are also competitive. Gable beat an older Gwiz easily. The extra 40-50 pounds would help GS beat Sad.
How do you think Taylor would do against Taha Akhul?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NJDan said:

I don't see why. Snyder and Gwiz were a close match. Snyder and Sad are also competitive. Gable beat an older Gwiz easily. The extra 40-50 pounds would help GS beat Sad.

You wrestling math is all jacked up. 

According to you:

Snyder beat Gwiz in 2016. [It was a folk match and the score was 7-5]

Gable beat Gwiz in 2021. [Gable won 10-0 in match 1 and 10-4 in match 2]

Snyder was competitive with Sadulaev in 2021. [Sadulaev won 6-3 at the 2021 Olympics]

So this means, Gable beats a fully healthy Sadulaev?  How does that make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

You wrestling math is all jacked up. 

According to you:

Snyder beat Gwiz in 2016. [It was a folk match and the score was 7-5]

Gable beat Gwiz in 2021. [Gable won 10-0 in match 1 and 10-4 in match 2]

Snyder was competitive with Sadulaev in 2021. [Sadulaev won 6-3 at the 2021 Olympics]

So this means, Gable beats a fully healthy Sadulaev?  How does that make sense?

 I know the transitive property does not always work. But it means something that Gable easily beat a guy who Snyder barely beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NJDan said:

 I know the transitive property does not always work. But it means something that Gable easily beat a guy who Snyder barely beat.

Usually when people use the transitive property in wrestling, they compare wrestler A to wrestler B based on results against a common opponent,  wrestler C.  And usually, it is in the same style of wrestling and the results are within a year of one another.

Here, you are trying to compare Sadulaev to Gable by using Sad's 2021 freestyle result against Snyder, and comparing it to Snyder's win over Gwiz in folk over 5 years ago, and then comparing it to Gable's two wins in freestyle over Gwiz at Trials.  SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

Usually when people use the transitive property in wrestling, they compare wrestler A to wrestler B based on results against a common opponent,  wrestler C.  And usually, it is in the same style of wrestling and the results are within a year of one another.

Here, you are trying to compare Sadulaev to Gable by using Sad's 2021 freestyle result against Snyder, and comparing it to Snyder's win over Gwiz in folk over 5 years ago, and then comparing it to Gable's two wins in freestyle over Gwiz at Trials.  SMH

Sorry about your H, but Gable would beat Gwiz in any style more soundly that Snyder did. He's beat Snyder. Gable and Sad would be close, especially if Sad is at 213.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cjc007 said:

How do you think Taylor would do against Taha Akhul?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

I don't know, but I did see video of Taha training with Snyder and it seemed to be a mismatch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NJDan said:

Sorry about your H, but Gable would beat Gwiz in any style more soundly that Snyder did. He's beat Snyder. Gable and Sad would be close, especially if Sad is at 213.

I usually agree with fellow NJers, but not here.  The size and power difference between Sad and Gable is enormous.  If you look at the picture of all five US freestyle medalists, you see what an unbelievable specimen Gable is.  He makes snyder look like a normal human being, which is says a lot when the dude benches 4 plates.  

I’d probably give Gable the speed advantage too.  He has better leg attacks, setups, and much much bigger hips.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drew87 said:

I usually agree with fellow NJers, but not here.  The size and power difference between Sad and Gable is enormous.  If you look at the picture of all five US freestyle medalists, you see what an unbelievable specimen Gable is.  He makes snyder look like a normal human being, which is says a lot when the dude benches 4 plates.  

I’d probably give Gable the speed advantage too.  He has better leg attacks, setups, and much much bigger hips.  

Sounds like you do agree with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2021 at 11:09 PM, denger said:

Sincerely, that was not my intention. I have respect for his faith. It is hard to speak intelligently about that when I don't share it. So I'll take the hint and shut up. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll do better. 

I am not an atheist and I did not take anything you said as derogatory / denigrating.  Possibly not artfully worded for the religious folks, but art is in the eye ....  

Crash, on the other hand, is a special kid of stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the size difference would be to much for Sadulaev to overcome.  I believe that would apply to Gable and it would also apply to both Taha and Geno.  Outside of those three I believe Sadulaev would be able to beat most of the better heavyweights.  I would pick him in  a match against any of the current Russian heavys and most of the rest of the field. Zare would be tough for him too especially as Zare likes to bull guys off the mat. 

Edited by lu1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...