Sign in to follow this  
jackwebster

Thomas Gilman's Energy Pathways

2 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Got him a bronze medal and the performance of his life…

No doubt. He was even self-aware enough to called it "voodoo." Placebo is a helluva drug.

Edited by jackwebster

6 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Wtf?

But no-nonsense, there are far corners of psychology that examine psychosomatic load of long term emotions on the body and their impact on the musculoskeletal system.  The way it gets phrased is from a different era, but there is real research and literature to the physiological benefits of unloading mental and emotional burdens.

It just gets tinted through our current perception of religion, when in reality that may have been the real purpose of some of the technologies we call religion.

3 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

No doubt. He was even self-aware enough to called it "voodoo." Placebo is a helluva drug.

yeah, he clearly is still a bit surprised by how it all went down, but hey, we get surprised by new discoveries all the time.  Understanding of stem cells in teeth is less than ten years old, teeth used to just be rocks in your head that would go away and could never come back if you weren’t careful.

4 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I'm specifically talking about the self-acknowledged voodoo that fixed his foot.

The belief that the central nervous system can play a part in the peripheral and autonomic isnt really voodoo.  Most people just dont understand it very well, including scientists.  Seems to have worked though.  Cant say you will ever get a boring interview with Gilman

Electricity was the devil’s work and voodoo 120 years ago

Smoking was healthy 80 years ago

Dietary saturated fat was the purported cause of heart disease 20 years ago

just food for thought…

Edited by Drew87

28 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

Electricity was the devil’s work and voodoo 120 years ago

Smoking was healthy 80 years ago

Dietary saturated fat was the purported cause of heart disease 20 years ago

just food for thought…

Yep.  And today some fools still think the earth is round.  Can't wait until the truth about it being flat is revealed. 

And look up lipitor.  People had an idea of the cause of heart disease despite you suggesting otherwise.  

18 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Yep.  And today some fools still think the earth is round.  Can't wait until the truth about it being flat is revealed. 

I coated my phone in coffee with this. Bravo sir, bravo.

15 hours ago, olddirty said:

You guys dont believe in energy pathways?  Phosphogenic, aerobic, anaerobic.  All 3 get used fairly extensively in a wrestling match.

I hadn't thought about it like this. I suppose I got distracted by the other stuff he was saying. I thought he was talking about chakras or something.

Edited by jackwebster

3 hours ago, jackwebster said:

I hadn't thought about it like this. I suppose I got distracted by the other stuff he was saying. I thought he was talking about chakras or something.

Gilman was talking about the energy centers from a yoga perspective, but the biology reference was a great pun to be made…