Do we think Gilman is our rep in 2024? He qualifies for worlds this year and if he medals, he will get a bye to the finals of trials. 

with that said, Vito, Fix, Suriano and Spencer may all try to make the team in 2022 and hold that spot. There are a bunch of up and comers at 57kg who might get on that level too. 

We are fairly deep at 57kg I think, although it not Gilman has a senior world medal. 

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Do we think Gilman is our rep in 2024? He qualifies for worlds this year and if he medals, he will get a bye to the finals of trials. 

with that said, Vito, Fix, Suriano and Spencer may all try to make the team in 2022 and hold that spot. There are a bunch of up and comers at 57kg who might get on that level too. 

We are fairly deep at 57kg I think, although it not Gilman has a senior world medal. 

Really depends on what nicky pushups does I think, and also if this gilman is here to stay.  I don’t think vito will have a spot until he gets stronger.  

Fix has a running two year case if the yips, or he’s secretly very injured.

If this gilman is here to stay and he has the drive to stay small and not yo-yo, he could really be a contender.  57 is usually so hard on guys bc it’s such a low weight.

I will say this, after seeing the Olympics I really like Gilman’s style and how he has translated it internationally. He was right there with the Russian and dominated everyone else. Let’s see how he adjusts for worlds in a few weeks, but right now he’s the standard for us at 57 kg. 

I'm pleasantly surprised on how Gilman performed in this Olympiad... he wrestled w/ a purpose (vs the usual Iowa style, clubbing baby seals, only these seals club back and score.)

I think, if and when Spencer Lee recovers, will be a dark presence. If he performs as (potentially) advertise... he may have a world surprise moment, like  Gable Steveson. (but w/o the flip, eh?)

D3

33 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Seems like you all forgot just how good Spencer Lee is. If he comes back from his knee injury strong there’s no one who can go with him. 

Injuries plural, and yes he’s known for immense strength it seems.  I worry about mobility after a number of knee surgeries, especially given how squirrelly the weight class has become.  These dudes barely touch the mat anymore, they just hop and fly in different directions.

Edited by Drew87

I thought everyone was catching up to Gilman, but I think he might be getting better and more savvy as fast as they are improving right now. Really freaking impressed with TG. Three years is a long time in wrestling, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Injuries plural, and yes he’s known for immense strength it seems.  I worry about mobility after a number of knee surgeries, especially given how squirrelly the weight class has become.  These dudes barely touch the mat anymore, they just hop and fly in different directions.

After seeing Taylor bounce back from his acl and Spenser being young and my having no doubt he would cream Gilman, I’m optimistic. 

it has to be recognized that the smaller guys have a very small window to be on top...

a half step in speed can easily be the difference between gold and not even qualifying the weight...

that being said, we all can agree on how good gilman looked...

i hope we get the gilman lee match before father time retires gilman...