BigTimeFan

The upside case for Snyder

1 hour ago, Chet Hanson said:

This is so laughable. At this level just having a gas tank isn't enough. The Russians have incredible technique to go alongside the gas tank (PEDs also help too). I am thinking the US wrestlers need to focus more on the technical side than just being able to grind. DT is a prime example, although I am thinking now it's time for him to develop some turns on top.

Yes because my entire post centered strictly around gas tank with no other strategy suggested. Speaking of laughable… reading comprehension is our friend.

And just to ask for my own entertainment sake, when Kyle Snyder beat Saduluev in their first meeting….at what point of the match did Snyder beat the Russian? And a lil further, what was the reason it was won in that point of the match, rather than other parts? Did Snyder at some point become a better overall technician and tactical wrestler, or did he use and have an edge which developed that he took advantage of?

Looking forward to this spin doctor masterpiece…

Edited by Aviator12

The short answer to this is. 
Snyder wrestled well. Saduleuv is many times better. Snyder wrestled in a way you actually could see him winning on the right day. But it’s 5-10% likely at best. People are being asinine about the extremes 

21 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Russians have better technique and Americans have bigger gas tanks. Should I also let you all in on some other secrets such as beer is good, water is wet, and the sky is blue?

According to Homer (the Greek Author) the sky was not blue and neither was the sea. The ancient Greeks didn't have blue at all. It wasn't until other cultures found blue pigment and began to create images with it that we could perceive blue. There might be a useful analogy here about American's and par terre wrestling. 

According to Homer (Simpson) beer is indeed good!

On 8/16/2021 at 12:38 PM, denger said:

According to Homer (the Greek Author) the sky was not blue and neither was the sea. The ancient Greeks didn't have blue at all. It wasn't until other cultures found blue pigment and began to create images with it that we could perceive blue. There might be a useful analogy here about American's and par terre wrestling. 

According to Homer (Simpson) beer is indeed good!

I did not know that, that is actually pretty interesting haha.

I think he and NLWC would benefit by having John Smith get involved with training and preparation.

Smith was far better technically than Cael and his insight and knowledge would help Snyder get to a higher level.

We know Snyder is willing to work on his game so why not get the benefit of one of our greatest ever?

12 hours ago, snapspinscore said:

I did not know that, that is actually pretty interesting haha.

I should have cited my source in the comment. I'm an art teacher, and I assign the podcast below to my beginners. From the link, you can either listen to the whole thing or just click on the "Why Isn't the Sky Blue" segment. The whole thing is really fascinating. 

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/episodes/211119-colors