Katie

US male p4p top five

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

But it's pound for pound. That's what's being ranked. What are even getting at?

That maybe wrestlers shouldn’t have such a little man complex. Wrestling at 125 is different than wrestling at 57. Different techniques are necessary and Gable is the best in the world at the technique necessary to defeat the past 5 combined world championships. That’s why it’s pound for pound and you just debased your own argument.

3 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Taylor has to be ahead of Cox, he’s done what Cox couldn’t do twice now. Won gold at a much tougher Olympic weight. 

Taylor wasn't even allowed to go to the last olympics because Cox beat him for the spot. Cox is a 2x world champion and 2x bronze (one of which is an olympic medal). 

37 minutes ago, Perry said:

Taylor wasn't even allowed to go to the last olympics because Cox beat him for the spot. Cox is a 2x world champion and 2x bronze (one of which is an olympic medal). 

He lost to Cox at the WTT 4 years ago. And I’ll remind you, those matches were after DT had been wrestling all day. Since then, apart from his injuries, DT has not lost and has won Yarygin, World and Olympic gold in a more competitive weight class. Cox can’t even place at the Poland Open while DT is winning Olympic Gold. For now the two don’t belong in the same sentence.

That maybe wrestlers shouldn’t have such a little man complex. Wrestling at 125 is different than wrestling at 57. Different techniques are necessary and Gable is the best in the world at the technique necessary to defeat the past 5 combined world championships. That’s why it’s pound for pound and you just debased your own argument.

I have no argument with what you're saying, just that you are not describing P4P. You gave a fantastic description of comparing a wrestler to his competition. If you want to rank Gable at the top based on comparing wrestlers to others at their weight, it's a good case.

16 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

He lost to Cox at the WTT 4 years ago. And I’ll remind you, those matches were after DT had been wrestling all day. Since then, apart from his injuries, DT has not lost and has won Yarygin, World and Olympic gold in a more competitive weight class. Cox can’t even place at the Poland Open while DT is winning Olympic Gold. For now the two don’t belong in the same sentence.

Injuries? Cox literally beat Taylor on one leg. He couldn't walk and still scored points on him (an injury which DT caused, and rather intentionally in my and several others opinions). I will absolutely not accept the argument that Taylor was hurting considering the circumstances. 86kg was also the weakest weight at the olympics by far this year. It had DT and Yazdani. That was it. 

11 minutes ago, Perry said:

Injuries? Cox literally beat Taylor on one leg. He couldn't walk and still scored points on him (an injury which DT caused, and rather intentionally in my and several others opinions). I will absolutely not accept the argument that Taylor was hurting considering the circumstances. 86kg was also the weakest weight at the olympics by far this year. It had DT and Yazdani. That was it. 

You need to reread my post. I said aside from matches where he was injured, Taylor has not lost since those matches with Cox. And 86kg is still considerably more competitive than 92. Yaz is a better wrestler than anyone Cox has beaten in any of his world or Olympic tournaments. Recency matters and you’re comparing a guy who can’t even win in Poland to an Olympic champ. It’s ridiculous. 

Edited by AZ_wrestling

2 hours ago, Perry said:

Cox had 2 shots at an Olympic weight and got bronze both times, DT had 2 shots and he won gold both times. Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought gold was better than bronze. 

17 hours ago, DocBZ said:

Cry me a river. Snyder has lost 5 matches in the same time frame

In the last 6 months, Cox missed weight at trials and then lost 2 matches and failed to medal at the Poland Open .  Based on that alone, Cox should be lower than Burroughs who is far more credentialed as well as every single one of our guys that medaled at the Olympics.  

25 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I’m pretty sure DT would trade his accolades for JB’s in a microsecond. JB won the war. Spot on about the others though. 

As of today I’m sure he would, but let’s see what DT does in the next few years. I know Father Time eventually has his way, but I didn’t see anything at the Olympics that makes me think DT won’t own that weight for the foreseeable future. Yazdani is definitely the biggest competition, but mentally I think DT has him in backed into a corner.

31 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I’m pretty sure DT would trade his accolades for JB’s in a microsecond. JB won the war. Spot on about the others though. 

My comment was fully tongue in cheek. No DT would not trade his world and Olympic golds for anything, but he wasn’t even the best in the US any year until 2018 so he really didn’t win any wars (yet)