57 Gilman

61 Fix

65 Yianni

70 JO

74 Dake

79 JB

86 Taylor

92 Cox

125 Gwiz (bc I think will be out of the sport by then)

57: Gilman
61: Colon
65: N. Lee
70: Pantaleo
74: Dake
79: Burroughs
86: Taylor
92: Cox
97: Snyder
125: Paris

11 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I’d like McKenna at 65kg, not sure which weight Nolf is currently competing, but would like him at 70kg assuming Green retired. Is Cox comfortable at 92kg. He couldn’t make weight to compete at 97kg at the Olympic Trials. Not sure if Gwiazdowski retired, but would like him again at 125kg, if not Mason would be great too. Does Anthony Cassar compete. The lone folkstyle wrestler in college to beat Steveson? I’d like him too. Have all the Olympic Medalists mentioned they will compete at the World Championships? In case not, their is decent backup Vitali Arujau at 57kg, Dieringer at 74kg, Bo Nickal at 86kg, Cox at 97kg in case he can’t make weight at 92kg, then Zahid Valencia would be great at 92kg. All in all, I am not 100% what weight everyone is competing currently.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

With Jordan Oliver tearing his ACL at last chance are we even sure he is wrestling?

He tore his LCL but somehow luckily didn’t tear his ACL or MCL which is common in an LCL blowout. But either way you are correct - even if he shows up, will he be in shape from recovering and how will his knee hold up?

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

He tore his LCL but somehow luckily didn’t tear his ACL or MCL which is common in an LCL blowout. But either way you are correct - even if he shows up, will he be in shape from recovering and how will his knee hold up?

Thanks for the correction. It was also pretty clear that his knee compromised his wrestling in that semifinal bout. He could not prevent getting pushed out repeatedly and his lateral movement was pretty much gone.

It is one thing to try and finish a tournament that way and another thing to try and start a tournament that way.

22 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I really like this team, just give me Suriano at 61 and Yianni or McKenna at 65. Not saying Nick Lee couldn’t be the guy just gotta see how he competes a bit more after the great Olympic trials. 

Gilman (if not, Vito)

Vito (or Fix if Gilman sits)

Yianni (I think he is newly focused after being at the Olympics) 

Pantaleo (still getting better and wrestling very tough)

Dake (confirmed he's going)

JB (I have a feeling he'll go 86 next cycle and will be FULL size at 79 at trials)

DT

Cox

Snyder

Gwiz (agree Gable gains nothing with another gold and risks marketability if he loses)

I'm really curious how 61 will be seeded.  Will Graff and Colon be 1 and 2 since that's where they were the last time this weight was contested?  Or will guys like Vito/Suriano/Fix be ahead of them?  

Garrett is also one to watch.... He tried 65 but was just too small, but could definitely see him being a factor at 61.  Plus Gross and NATO and more... Will be a fun one!

21 hours ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

Green retired?  I don't think so.  Nolf is too big now to make 70KG.  Cox will go 92KG.  Ringer is not ever making 74KG, he is a 79/86.  Zahid will be at 79 as well.  

Mark Perry said in an interview that Zahid is staying at 86 even if DT medals. He’s committing his body to filling out to 86kg

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Mark Perry said in an interview that Zahid is staying at 86 even if DT medals. He’s committing his body to filling out to 86kg

He can’t stay at 86 this year unless he’s sitting it out. There are no trials at 86. DT is the rep automatically. If Zahid is committing to sizing up, he needs to go 92.