Crash

Predictions on World Team

22 hours ago, DuckFor2 said:

what is everyone's reasoning for not taking Green at 70KG, that's his weight. If healthy i'll take him. Has Pantaleo ever beaten any of our top guys like Green?

i also believe JB would never be a full size 86 guy, he's not big enough.

Pantaleo has been ever improving and won their last match.

Edit: Additionally he beat this year's silver medalist at the same tournament he beat Green for Gold.

A month or two before that he beat the Kazakhstan gent who took silver at 2019 worlds twice.

Edited by nhs67

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Edit: Additionally he beat this year's silver medalist at the same tournament he beat Green for Gold.

A month or two before that he beat the Kazakhstan gent who took silver at 2019 worlds twice.

That must be hard feat to get silver twice at the same worlds... ;-)

A friend recently told me Zahid is dead set on getting big enough to be unstoppable at 86kg and will never make 79kg again (when we were discussing the world team).... He's usually locked in on these type of things but I can't see Zahid trying 92kg and I also can't see him just waving the white flag at this opportunity.
I'm skeptical and expect him at 79kg but not competing won't surprise me as much now .

Hey don't overvalue that Aliyev match you say how it played out!
But also Pants was my pick in another group when I made my picks.
Really think he could be a tough out for the top guys

23 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Agreed on all fronts. My thinking…

Uguev will probably sit out

Otoguro is 50/50 and will be so busy with home country promotions and such you have to wonder how he will do if he shows up

Sidakov will sit out

Taylor has already committed unless he wants to let Bo go for a world title

Sadulaev will sit out

Gable will probably sit out, depends on what he decides to do with his near term future

I think it came from either Sad or his coach he was going (I could be wrong here but I feel like I read that)

Taylor was in the gym today, guessing he's not letting Bo do anything.

I feel like Uguev will go.  I have absolutely zero to base that on.  Although he's won three in a row and probably doesn't feel like he needs to cement ****.  Then again, you win three in a row, you feel like you own the weight class, and you get stingy...

Have you heard anything on Sidakov?  Or just gut feeling?

Otoguro I think will be on a 'parade' for while, don't think we see him.  

Agree about Gable, I just don't see him going this year.  

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

Hey don't overvalue that Aliyev match you say how it played out!
But also Pants was my pick in another group when I made my picks.
Really think he could be a tough out for the top guys

I am giving the value of an Olympic Silver where it is due.  He won three times before he lost at the Olympics.  When did we last earn a medal at 65kg at the Olympics?  Give credit where it is due.

I am giving the value of an Olympic Silver where it is due.  He won three times before he lost at the Olympics.  When did we last earn a medal at 65kg at the Olympics?  Give credit where it is due.
I may have missed you adding the grain of salt but he beat Aliyev at 70kg and was largely out wrestled for a criteria win wasn't it? Yes he won, but he was much bigger.
Yes it was a victory and yes I know you were arguing for him, i dunno, just felt like a non qualifier.
I do think he's our rep and Greens ship has sailed though. Sorry I'm sleepy and it's 730

59 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I may have missed you adding the grain of salt but he beat Aliyev at 70kg and was largely out wrestled for a criteria win wasn't it? Yes he won, but he was much bigger.
Yes it was a victory and yes I know you were arguing for him, i dunno, just felt like a non qualifier.
I do think he's our rep and Greens ship has sailed though. Sorry I'm sleepy and it's 730

I know @nhs67 is a maize and blue stan but do you both think Pantaleo will beat Carr or Deakin? Genuinely asking because I feel it is more toss-up than most think and I’m what you may call a “big Bormet fan”

8 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I know @nhs67 is a maize and blue stan but do you both think Pantaleo will beat Carr or Deakin? Genuinely asking because I feel it is more toss-up than most think and I’m what you may call a “big Bormet fan”

Oh I don't think Pantaleo is a lock, or even close to it.

Yeah I don't think he is a lock at all.
A first round loss is definitely possible.
Just hard to pick against his little Molinaro grind of "be difficult to score on, and have some explosive takedowns when needed" especially when it's been working pretty consistently. (He's been getting in the matches)

Pantaleo gets the 1 seed yeah?
If Lee and McKenna stay 65kg, then Zain is the only one who would have criteria as #1 yeah?
I admittedly don't know the criteria. I'm sure it's posted. I think Green beat him at nationals in April? (Maybe) ....
But wrestling different weights, H2H, ranking series points... What are we using?

27 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I admittedly don't know the criteria. I'm sure it's posted. I think Green beat him at nationals in April? (Maybe) ....
But wrestling different weights, H2H, ranking series points... What are we using?

Pantaleo holds the most recent win in Poland for Gold doesn't he?

14 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Lee has most recent wins over both Zain and Yianni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but if Lee and McKenna go 65kg and Zain goes 70kg does that mean Zain has criteria at 70 with moat recent H2H against Pantaleo, Green, and JO?

Does anybody have seeding criteria for WTT?

Yes, but if Lee and McKenna go 65kg and Zain goes 70kg does that mean Zain has criteria at 70 with moat recent H2H against Pantaleo, Green, and JO?
Does anybody have seeding criteria for WTT?
Yes Pants has the most recent H2H. I just wasn't sure how they were doing the seeding. What holds weight blah blah blah .
Could simply be placement at Nationals.
If it's a coaches discussion, there is no doubt

Just now, spladle08 said:

Yes Pants has the most recent H2H. I just wasn't sure how they were doing the seeding. What holds weight blah blah blah .
Could simply be placement at Nationals.
If it's a coaches discussion, there is no doubt

Poland was a ranking series event to, though.  That has also been a criteria used before.

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Pantaleo gets the 1 seed yeah?

If Lee and McKenna stay 65kg, then Zain is the only one who would have criteria as #1 yeah?

It would make the most sense to seed the 65 world team trials based on how they finished at the recently Olympic Trials, which would be: 1. JO (if he wrestles), 2. McKenna, 3. N. Lee, 4. Yianni, 5. Zain.   

48 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

It would make the most sense to seed the 65 world team trials based on how they finished at the recently Olympic Trials, which would be: 1. JO (if he wrestles), 2. McKenna, 3. N. Lee, 4. Yianni, 5. Zain.   

That isn't the question.  It is how would they seed 70kg if Zain(unknown) and JO(who looks like he is going 70kg) go 70kg.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

That isn't the question.  It is how would they seed 70kg if Zain(unknown) and JO(who looks like he is going 70kg) go 70kg.

Would have to imagine that they would be behind Green, Pantaleo, and Deakin.  Their wins over Green were at 65, and therefore shouldn't count for 70 seeding.