Crash

Predictions on World Team

9 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Would have to imagine that they would be behind Green, Pantaleo, and Deakin.  Their wins over Green were at 65, and therefore shouldn't count for 70 seeding.

Zain beat Pantaleo at 157, though.

10 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Poland tourneys are used in seeding for US WTT? Honest question.

I thought any UWW ranking series event was used as well as USAW qualifying events.

I plead ignorance, it is why I asked if someone had the seeding criteria they established.

13 hours ago, Red95 said:

Mark your calendars now: weigh-ins end at 8am CDT on Saturday September 11th.

Weigh-ins   (SCRATCH Weight - All Style & Weights) - PBA                   7:30 AM to 8:00 AM

https://usawrestlingevents.com/event/2100109202/schedule

September 11, 2021 timestamps

08:16AM: J'Den Cox has entered the chat

08:23AM: Kevin Jackson has fallen on a very large sword

So USA Wrestling is reporting that Dake, Taylor and SnyderMan has all accepted their bids for the World’s. I guess the others have until the 15th to decide and declare one way or the other. 

33 minutes ago, de4856 said:

So USA Wrestling is reporting that Dake, Taylor and SnyderMan has all accepted their bids for the World’s. I guess the others have until the 15th to decide and declare one way or the other. 

Looks like Helen too. I was wondering if / hoping she would retire from competition after Tokyo. Concussions are no joke.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2021/August/12/Taylor-Snyder-Maroulis-Dake-to-compete-in-Worlds-in-Oslo

So since Gilman and Gable haven’t declared yet, I am assuming that Gilman will ride off into the sunset with his Bronze and Gable will go after the money. Maybe and hopefully I am wrong, but if I’m not, I see think we see some good scraps in the other 7 weights. 
The Women, unless something changes looks like it could be a really wide open affair. 
As far as Greco goes, I don’t know what we’ll see.

59 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Small amount of seeding bit in the rules:

https://usawrestlingevents.com/event/2100109202/rules

Also the stupid bye to semi will exist again 

Absolutely stupid 

The bye to semi is only for olympic medalists to the adjacent non-oly weight. With the current commitments that leaves Gilman up to 61, Gray (not cutting down), TMS, and Hildebrandt.

On the other hand, full wrestle backs instead of repechage.

Does anyone know if Dake will retain at 74kg or go back to 79kg? Also with J’den Cox, if he will be at 92kg. Only reason is remembering he could make weight at 97kg to compete at the Olympic Trials, makes me curious if he won’t have a problem going back to 92kg.

32 minutes ago, Seena said:

Does anyone know if Dake will retain at 74kg or go back to 79kg? Also with J’den Cox, if he will be at 92kg. Only reason is remembering he could make weight at 97kg to compete at the Olympic Trials, makes me curious if he won’t have a problem going back to 92kg.

Dake will be at 74kg.  Cox has competed at 92kg since the trials - no problem making weight.

32 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Dake will be at 74kg.  Cox has competed at 92kg since the trials - no problem making weight.

Then I wonder what it was that Cox had something going in not being able to make weight at the Olympic Trials as he was meant to compete at 97kg. That’s what got me curious. Otherwise yes he is indeed the best at 92kg.

5 hours ago, de4856 said:

So since Gilman and Gable haven’t declared yet, I am assuming that Gilman will ride off into the sunset with his Bronze and Gable will go after the money. Maybe and hopefully I am wrong, but if I’m not, I see think we see some good scraps in the other 7 weights. 

Is TG's foot that bad?

5 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

The bye to semi is only for olympic medalists to the adjacent non-oly weight. With the current commitments that leaves Gilman up to 61, Gray (not cutting down), TMS, and Hildebrandt.

On the other hand, full wrestle backs instead of repechage.

No.  It is also for anyone who wrestled for a medal (meaning Winchester).

@Red95 @bnwtwghttps://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2021/August/12/Taylor-Snyder-Maroulis-Dake-to-compete-in-Worlds-in-Oslo

"According to the 2021 World Team Selection Procedures, “Athletes who wrestled for a medal in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games and stay at the Olympic weight category or choose to move one adjacent weight category (10 weights) will be placed into the semi-finals of that weight.” Winchester has not yet notified USA Wrestling of her decision."

8th paragraph.

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

No.  It is also for anyone who wrestled for a medal (meaning Winchester).

Ehh my bad. She'll curb stomp the field at 53 or 55 so it's just a formality that she has to weigh in twice and wrestle a couple extra matches to blow her lungs out.

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

@Red95 @bnwtwghttps://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2021/August/12/Taylor-Snyder-Maroulis-Dake-to-compete-in-Worlds-in-Oslo

"According to the 2021 World Team Selection Procedures, “Athletes who wrestled for a medal in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games and stay at the Olympic weight category or choose to move one adjacent weight category (10 weights) will be placed into the semi-finals of that weight.” Winchester has not yet notified USA Wrestling of her decision."

8th paragraph.

Got it. Sorry I had missed that. Interestingly it's in the article but not actually in the rules they have posted on the event site.

18 hours ago, de4856 said:

The Women, unless something changes looks like it could be a really wide open affair. 
As far as Greco goes, I don’t know what we’ll see.

Gilman talking to some doctors I believe.  He reportedly may need surgery before the injury calcifies or the injury will become irreparable.

5 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Ehh my bad. She'll curb stomp the field at 53 or 55 so it's just a formality that she has to weigh in twice and wrestle a couple extra matches to blow her lungs out.

Sarah Hildebrandt may disagree.

4 hours ago, Red95 said:

Got it. Sorry I had missed that. Interestingly it's in the article but not actually in the rules they have posted on the event site.

I briefly looked for what they are referring to, but did not find that set of 'rules' myself.

That said it is USAWrestling saying it, so I am 'ass'uming it is correct.