Jimmy Cinnabon

Will Spencer Lee ever win Olympic gold?

Since the title of the post says Olympic gold, I am going to go out on a limb and say that if Spencer wants gold, he could get it in wrestling, but if his body can’t handle it, I bet he could get gold in Judo. His mom would be his coach!

46 minutes ago, Scorenomore said:

Since the title of the post says Olympic gold, I am going to go out on a limb and say that if Spencer wants gold, he could get it in wrestling, but if his body can’t handle it, I bet he could get gold in Judo. His mom would be his coach!

By 2028 Pokémon will probably be an Olympic sport, he has options.

2 hours ago, Scorenomore said:

I like Spencer but he wouldn't qualify for the Olympics in judo.  The lightest weight in men's judo is 60kg, which is 3kg more than his MFS weight class.  There is also no leg grabbing and the mat work is different.  IMO, he wouldn't be competitive against the #1 American at 60kg who didn't qualify for the 2021 Olympics.

On 8/10/2021 at 2:44 AM, ShakaAloha said:

Could Spencer even beat Gilman at this point?

Not with two bad knees.

If he’s healthy he beats Gilman without a doubt IMO.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:05 AM, Bozak2018 said:

I'll have to actually see Suriano in somebody's line up at 125 before I believe it.  A cut to 57 kg for a tournament here and there is one thing, but holding 125 all season is another.  I think he'll be at 133.  I think Vito and Glory are the big hurdles at 125, and Vito could end up at 133 as well.  

Given Kerk's history, maybe he doesn't make it through the season injury free.  Not to mention he'll have to Cassioppi, Parris and Schultz again.  If he isn't 100% he loses to all three of those guys.

I think we see Vito going 133 honestly don't know how he's been able to make the cut to 125 for so long. It's got be brutal at this point.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:53 PM, ShakaAloha said:

I like Spencer but he wouldn't qualify for the Olympics in judo.  The lightest weight in men's judo is 60kg, which is 3kg more than his MFS weight class.  There is also no leg grabbing and the mat work is different.  IMO, he wouldn't be competitive against the #1 American at 60kg who didn't qualify for the 2021 Olympics.

I don't think people really understand the balance, grip strength and explosive power top tier judokas have unless they've done randori, ne-waza or tachi-waza with a gi on against those judokas.

On 8/10/2021 at 2:35 AM, Fletcher said:

Oh, there's doubts kiddo. Those titles are not close to a given for anyone.

What if his own teammate, Austin DeSanto, drops down to 125 and earns the starting spot for the Hawkeyes? Dun-dun-DUUUUNNNN!!!

Edited by Tofurky