Jimmy Cinnabon

HYPO: If Taylor retired and wanted to coach...

Taylor is really business savvy with M2, ScrapLife(part owner), and many other ventures such as his wife's K2 juice bar. He has a lot of irons in the fire with different places where he is generating income for himself. With the base he has built in State College it would be difficult to leave the area and keep those businesses running. 

Very few schools wouldn't see a recruiting bump with DT at the helm. That alone makes him worth the risk. I don't think PSU, OSU, tOSU or Iowa would do it, but maybe a place like Minnesota or something like that.

On 8/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, snapspinscore said:

I mean, what is unproven? He is a 4x NCAA Finalist, World Champ, Olympic Champ, all while running a very successful youth and high school training program and traveling around doing clinics all over the place. He has been under one of the greatest coaches in NCAA Wrestling history, and one of the greatest staffs in NCAA Wrestling history. He has plenty of experience being around a program that is as successful as it gets during his time there. He will be able to recruit really well, he is likeable in the spotlight, and from his clinics and practices he has run that I have been around, he is a great coach. He is also about to be one of the faces of USA Wrestling, and I am sure with that comes some responsibilities that could relate to his non-coaching duties such as PR and marketing. 

Good points, and I could see any school considering him if there’s an opening, but would any top 15 or so schools dump their current guy for him if he all of the sudden said he wanted to be a HC?  I would tend to think not, but who knows.

Very few schools wouldn't see a recruiting bump with DT at the helm. That alone makes him worth the risk. I don't think PSU, OSU, tOSU or Iowa would do it, but maybe a place like Minnesota or something like that.

Sorry DT wouldn’t fare well in Minnesota Nice territory. Too much “me” in every conversation.

None and he wouldn’t take it.  He and Dake will peas in a pod special buddies for life, forged in the fire of traversing mount burroughs.  They became monks for years with the one goal in mind, the modern spin on terry brands.  They would both do much much better at the senior level, because they have spent so much time refining that game, which is actually quite rare.  International careers are usually caps on a career, not the meat of it.

At this point it would be an extreme waste of talent and experience to have either of them doing anything other than coaching freestyle.

Edited by Drew87

2 hours ago, Drew87 said:

None and he wouldn’t take it.  He and Dake will peas in a pod special buddies for life, forged in the fire of traversing mount burroughs.  They became monks for years with the one goal in mind, the modern spin on terry brands.  They would both do much much better at the senior level, because they have spent so much time refining that game, which is actually quite rare.  International careers are usually caps on a career, not the meat of it.

At this point it would be an extreme waste of talent and experience to have either of them doing anything other than coaching freestyle.

IDK: that Dake guy was pretty good in folkstyle, especially top position, and DT was ok but did lose a couple head scratchers in the finals.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯