headshuck

Kerk back home to Minnesota?

7 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

He also said the NFL would be a good bet.

I see where your going here. You're saying he's a liar. Very "sleuthy" of you.

Lol I just mean he wouldn’t throw his coaches under the bus , gable is a generational talent that I think would have succeeded anywhere he went , just as long as he was motivated internally to be the best like he has been these past 2 years 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Lol I just mean he wouldn’t throw his coaches under the bus , gable is a generational talent that I think would have succeeded anywhere he went , just as long as he was motivated internally to be the best like he has been these past 2 years 

So not a liar then?  Or are you saying that Cass wouldn't have been a motivator if Gable went to Rider or UTV...

36 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

and yet there was another guy who managed to consistently coach his wrestler to victory over the Gable.  Maybe the Gable had the second best hwt coach and not simply a self taught kid?

41 minutes ago, ionel said:

and yet there was another guy who managed to consistently coach his wrestler to victory over the Gable.  Maybe the Gable had the second best hwt coach and not simply a self taught kid?

Pat Popolizio?

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Nittany lion has 3 Olympic gold medalists all over 200 plus pounds , that would be favorable to Tony Nelson and gable who has 1 foot out the door already 

Yeah but they only produce silver medalists over 200 lbs. 

9 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yeah but they only produce silver medalists over 200 lbs. 

Who was an active NLWC member who won an Olympic gold at a weight over 190 lbs for the NLWC?  I can wait a long time for this answer...

Gable took third, and of his own admission has had to grow and learn a ton since coming to minnesota.  Not to mention the unreal stable of heavyweight alums coming out of minnesota.

Brock Lesnar
Garrett Lowney
Cole Konrad
Tony Nelson

Gable may have won NCAA’s, but the olympics?  I am not so sure.

Heavyweight wrestling is a different sport. Priorities, strategies, and techniques are all different.  Minnesota likely saved Gable 10 years of learning on his own.

Also, per eggum, J Rob is an impossible set of shoes to fill.  The man is the epitome of a warrior philosopher, and he brought that to Minnesota.  He is the most unique of the original big three coaches, and the hardest to replace, because he developed individuals, not copies of himself.  

5 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Who was an active NLWC member who won an Olympic gold at a weight over 190 lbs for the NLWC?  I can wait a long time for this answer...

How many Olympic Gold medalists are there in the Minnesota room from any weight?

7 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Didn’t Cael coach Varner in college at least?  Where did he train in FS?

Edited by 1032004

Is this a joke?

Jake Varner. He was at NLWC in 2010. 96kg is 211lbs.

http://jakevarner.com/oldsite/news/overseeing-the-future-of-wrestling/

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/2012/8/13/3239187/Jake-Varner-Nittany-Lion-Wrestling-Club-Gold-Medal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I'm just wondering why the topic started in the first place. Do you have any inside info that you would care to share or is this hopeful thinking because the Golden boy is probably leaving for $?

Is that the 2012 Olympics where the Russians were disqualified for doping?

Abdusalam Gadisov still has his 9th place result from the 96kg FS bracket at the 2012 Olympics.

No, I'm just wondering why the topic started in the first place. Do you have any inside info that you would care to share or is this hopeful thinking because the Golden boy is probably leaving for $?

I always like to see a local Minnesota boy reach his full potential.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Abdusalam Gadisov still has his 9th place result from the 96kg FS bracket at the 2012 Olympics.

Imagine trying to diminish a guy winning Olympic gold to win an Internet argument with an anonymous stranger lol 

43 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Imagine trying to diminish a guy winning Olympic gold to win an Internet argument with an anonymous stranger lol 

Some times internet arguments/bets pay off but then some times folks bet with Jimmy.  :(

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

Jake Varner.

"Yeah but they only produce silver medalists over 200 lbs.""  9 years ago...different staff (they).... different workout partners. Doesn't change the fact that the current "they" has produced a silver and Minnesota has produced gold. But it was a good and true historical reference. He should be a head coach someday.