Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingphish

Clowney flakes out again

Sounds like Downey just decided not to travel to Iowa for his match against Gadson (and BJJ match the next day) and didn't even let the promoters know. Disappointing as I was really looking forward to watching Kyven smash him. 

On a more positive note, looks like Willie Miklus actually lives the 'anyone, anytime, anywhere' motto that Clowney always (falsely) claimed to live by and has stepped up to wrestle Kyven tonight. 

Iowa Central, Nebraska, Iowa State, Iowa, the OTC and how many RTCs...one NCAA 5th place, one world 9th place to show for it.  The coach's fault, a girlfriend's fault, communists' fault, the police's fault, cancel culture's fault, libtards fault, the "haters'" fault (I think I hit the major culprits accused of pooping in his pants).  His talent afforded him opportunities others only dream of but he squandered all of them.  So many quality people tried to help this guy but he gave in to the back slappers and enablers (chief among them daddy).  Hoping one day he grows up and gets his head together, but recent evidence is that is a ways away.  He's not yet 30, so there's an increasingly shorter window for this to happen...

35 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Iowa Central, Nebraska, Iowa State, Iowa, the OTC and how many RTCs...one NCAA 5th place, one world 9th place to show for it.  The coach's fault, a girlfriend's fault, communists' fault, the police's fault, cancel culture's fault, libtards fault, the "haters'" fault (I think I hit the major culprits accused of pooping in his pants).  His talent afforded him opportunities others only dream of but he squandered all of them.  So many quality people tried to help this guy but he gave in to the back slappers and enablers (chief among them daddy).  Hoping one day he grows up and gets his head together, but recent evidence is that is a ways away.  He's not yet 30, so there's an increasingly shorter window for this to happen...

I am usually a guy that doesn't like to criticize someone I have never met and only read about in the interwebs, but I somewhat have to agree with you Coach...this guy does really seem like he deserves all the bad criticism he receives.  Hard to believe it is always everyone else's fault when there is always one common denominator in all his issues...himself.