There once was a time that you could go to Flo and see breaking news and events and get insight.  Flo has been great for the sport, but the competition has increased and Flo has not kept up. 

Now Flo just looks like a video repository and isn’t worth the effort to find anything. You can quickly find news and updates more readily available on other media.  Not trying to bash Flo, but sure wish they would clean things up before the season starts because as of right now, I have no intention of renewing my membership. 

3 hours ago, Housebuye said:

The format is terrible. They may break news, but i can never find it on their site until after it’s posted elsewhere. Truly terrible formatting

The best way to find the "breaking" news is via Twitter when they link to the story. 

9 hours ago, Le duke said:

Their new format is terrible, and basically unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their old format was terrible and they bought track which was terrible, no reason to think it would improve seems they've never listened to the customers.  :(

I don't particularly care for their current format either though I can imagine it might cater well to their overall audience. At least, I hope so. Something tells me that most people who visit flo do so to see videos of matches or interviews. Keep in mind, this posters on this site are most likely a very minute representation of flo's customer base. Especially considering how many patrons of this board have either admitted they don't have a subscription, do hardly anything but b**** about flo, or both

My membership comes up for renewal in November. At this point, I'm about 10% for sticking with them. I'm hoping for improvement but the watch parties were a telltale sign that the content I want to see is available elsewhere.

After a thorough review, I decided that, in spite of my desire to get more access to wrestling footage, that Flo is not a route I am willing to go.  Call me old fashioned, but I expect certain levels of professionalism from a company before I would agree to become their client.  Hard Pass.

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Their old format was terrible and they bought track which was terrible, no reason to think it would improve seems they've never listened to the customers.  :(

but we get high marks for consistency! 

there's a lot that goes into these website redesigns. i share everyone's concerns that we make the news and analysis harder to discover. those concerns have been raised to the appropriate people (so NOT CP or anyone else in the content department. CP et al knows of the issues and have also passed on their thoughts). 

the news and analysis is still there, and imo as good if not better than ever. the fact that you can find breaking news elsewhere is also great imo. Flo never had nor ever good be the only source for wrestling news, so it's a sign of growth in the sport that people can go elsewhere if they choose.

I'm pumped for the future of Flo but everyone has to decide for themselves if the subscription is worth it. Junior Worlds is about to start here in Ufa. to me that's worth the pice of a sub alone!

thanks for the feedback friends!

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

After a thorough review, I decided that, in spite of my desire to get more access to wrestling footage, that Flo is not a route I am willing to go.  Call me old fashioned, but I expect certain levels of professionalism from a company before I would agree to become their client.  Hard Pass.

You sound very important.

7 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

there's a lot that goes into these website redesigns. i share everyone's concerns that we make the news and analysis harder to discover. those concerns have been raised to the appropriate people (so NOT CP or anyone else in the content department. CP et al knows of the issues and have also passed on their thoughts). 

the news and analysis is still there, and imo as good if not better than ever. the fact that you can find breaking news elsewhere is also great imo. Flo never had nor ever good be the only source for wrestling news, so it's a sign of growth in the sport that people can go elsewhere if they choose.

I'm pumped for the future of Flo but everyone has to decide for themselves if the subscription is worth it. Junior Worlds is about to start here in Ufa. to me that's worth the pice of a sub alone!

I like your articles. 

Flo needs way more in depth pieces. The type Nomad used to do. For example, a breakdown of what junior world medaling suggests about college success. I wrote a mediocre forum post with that data a few years ago, and Nomad referenced it a few times. Not sure if he added it to an article, but that’s the kind of content that gets hardcore fans excited and engaged imo. 

Willie, while I’m not a big fan of his antics, knows high school wrestling extremely well. Somebody at Flo needs to output quality high school content with some insider info mixed with some speculation. Get us pumped about what a guy like Figs might do at worlds, or a piece discussing why our 86kg junior has a shot at winning a medal and how he has improved so dramatically in the last 12 months. 

the stuff there now is often just lists of facts. It feels almost like Intermat from a year ago

7 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Just some thoughts (not a design guy, I'm a BED dev)

• Its strange that the video tiles break out of the container and come in from the right - as first glance I thought the page width was larger than the screen size. It looks cool on mobile, but not really on desktop
  • When I first visit the homepage, I'm not really sure what categories (for the video tiles) are displayed on the front page and the reason behind them - I'm assuming its by featured/popular event
  • I hate infinite scroll, pagination is more user friendly
  • Maybe a better callout of articles versus videos - sometimes there is a grid of content and its mixed content - maybe if it is a total feed, but typically I'm either coming to read a quick article during a break at work or watching videos after practice and the mixed content creates some confusion when you are trying to get the different content types

9 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

So... CP did tell them to switch it back?  Everyone knows he's the boss.

I also agree that the content created at Junior Worlds is worth quite a bit.  Not quite the entire year's worth, but a lot nonetheless.

Please tell CP to change the design to the green one again.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So... CP did tell them to switch it back?  Everyone knows he's the boss.

I also agree that the content created at Junior Worlds is worth quite a bit.  Not quite the entire year's worth, but a lot nonetheless.

Please tell CP to change the design to the green one again.

lol CP is now the owner of FloSports by decree of the mat dot com, the highest law of the land. He hopes to make clients out of all of you soon. 

12 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Spey You sound like a politician with this response ...You planning a run as mayor of millburn or something 

4 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I like your articles. 

Flo needs way more in depth pieces. The type Nomad used to do. For example, a breakdown of what junior world medaling suggests about college success. I wrote a mediocre forum post with that data a few years ago, and Nomad referenced it a few times. Not sure if he added it to an article, but that’s the kind of content that gets hardcore fans excited and engaged imo. 

Willie, while I’m not a big fan of his antics, knows high school wrestling extremely well. Somebody at Flo needs to output quality high school content with some insider info mixed with some speculation. Get us pumped about what a guy like Figs might do at worlds, or a piece discussing why our 86kg junior has a shot at winning a medal and how he has improved so dramatically in the last 12 months. 

the stuff there now is often just lists of facts. It feels almost like Intermat from a year ago

Did you see this article? It is exactly what you referenced as what we need more of - a breakdown of junior's medaling and what type of NCAA success they've had.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7131466-junior-worlds-ncaa-stars

If you enjoy the in-depth stuff, I also did a breakdown of how all of the Olympians fared at junior worlds on the men's freestyle side:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7132189-tokyo-olympians-cut-their-teeth-at-junior-worlds

1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

lol CP is now the owner of FloSports by decree of the mat dot com, the highest law of the land. He hopes to make clients out of all of you soon. 

No.  Now you're being silly.  We aren't the Flo BoD here.

He's just the boss.  Everyone knows that.  Did you not get the memo?

As annoying as the student broadcasts were I do miss the extended Big10 coverage.  I get  losing that was something Flo likely couldn’t control, but I do miss the access.   

On a layout format I wouldn’t mind going back to some of the older page set up that seems to make certain items easier to find.  At one point the technique videos were a click away and one of Flo’s main draws.  As they have become buried more within the video content I’m guessing they aren’t as much of a draw as before.  I’m guessing a couple other items have had a similar fate too.  

I still like a lot of what Flo has to offer, but agree it some of the prior layout format allowed for a smoother navigation to certain items of interest than what we see currently.  

Edited by MadMardigain

5 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Did you see this article? It is exactly what you referenced as what we need more of - a breakdown of junior's medaling and what type of NCAA success they've had.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7131466-junior-worlds-ncaa-stars

If you enjoy the in-depth stuff, I also did a breakdown of how all of the Olympians fared at junior worlds on the men's freestyle side:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7132189-tokyo-olympians-cut-their-teeth-at-junior-worlds

Thank you. I missed the first article. Maybe it’s more of a layout issue than anything. 

45 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I believe it's only a layout, "issue."

I believe it is only a layout issue.

They have just as much content, if not more.  Their articles are better as well.

I just wish I didn't have to click an extra tab to get to articles every single time.

Loved Flo from the jump and still love Flo but the website design is horrible. I agree with many of the other comments here. What made Flo great was the interviews with coaches and wrestlers, the matches especially live and the technique videos. Those things should be the primary focus with articles and podcasts used to supplement the website. Three categories and then tabs for articles and podcasts. Too much going on and the black is bad.