it's not CP's fault. He's not the head of product. I know CP pretty dang well and i'm sure he's been advocating for a different layout. 

That being said - the proof is in the pudding. If the numbers are up then there isn't the problem with the layout some think there is. If the numbers are down i'd expect you'd get your wish at some point and they would make changes. 

38 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

On the plus side...

Flo just live streamed the Bartlett Jr. World bronze match on FRL for free.

CP saw us talking about him and wanted to okay the part of hero.

I will give him Superman for 15 minutes.  Well done, CP 

6 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

it's not CP's fault. He's not the head of product. I know CP pretty dang well and i'm sure he's been advocating for a different layout. 

That being said - the proof is in the pudding. If the numbers are up then there isn't the problem with the layout some think there is. If the numbers are down i'd expect you'd get your wish at some point and they would make changes. 

So you're saying it is in fact CP's fault?

28 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

CP saw us talking about him and wanted to okay the part of hero.

I will give him Superman for 15 minutes.  Well done, CP 

Make it 30 minutes as they just streamed the Andonian bronze medal match for free as well.

And when Andonian was down 6-2 in the first period CP said "I think this guy might be feeling it a little" about the Moldovian. Then, "So Bryce is down 6-2 after one. I'm really not super worried." At 8-6 he said, "I'm not going to get greedy. I'm not going to say what I'm thinking." 

You know what, he gets another 15 minutes for calling it early. So can we agree to 45 minutes?

I stopped going to FLO with the redesign. I used it for the articles and streams. The articles aren't right there for me to see anymore. Hope they fix it. Otherwise I won't be resubscribing with the loss of all the other events they used to do.

Why do they put petty things behind a paywall? Why are their rankings behind a paywall? No other rankings for any sport or anything are behind a paywall. I do not understand that logic. You would also have more clicks from non-subscribers, which is good for more ad revenue. If I were Flo, I would put video and live streams behind paywall, but all written content and rankings would be free to the public. I think that is a much better business model.

1 hour ago, snapspinscore said:

Why do they put petty things behind a paywall? Why are their rankings behind a paywall? No other rankings for any sport or anything are behind a paywall. I do not understand that logic. You would also have more clicks from non-subscribers, which is good for more ad revenue. If I were Flo, I would put video and live streams behind paywall, but all written content and rankings would be free to the public. I think that is a much better business model.

It is a bit weird. I really like their college rankings, but I would never subscribe just for that. If I wasn’t going to subscribe for everything else, there is no way rankings would be what led to converting me into a customer. Weird decision. 

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Make it 30 minutes as they just streamed the Andonian bronze medal match for free as well.

And when Andonian was down 6-2 in the first period CP said "I think this guy might be feeling it a little" about the Moldovian. Then, "So Bryce is down 6-2 after one. I'm really not super worried." At 8-6 he said, "I'm not going to get greedy. I'm not going to say what I'm thinking." 

You know what, he gets another 15 minutes for calling it early. So can we agree to 45 minutes?

No.  15 minutes.

Edit: He will earn another 15 when he fixes the damn layout, Bratke.

Question: Is WVU going to the MAC for wrestling?

Edited by nhs67

Almost everyone puts their rankings behind paywalls. Intermat, TOM, Rokfin people. The only rankings that tend not to be are the college rankings. ESPN, Fangraphs, Athletic, etc. do the same thing.

I've never understood that the time and effort that people put into content creation should be free. They deserve to get paid for it. It's a lot of effort to do a lot of the stuff they do.

1 hour ago, cowcards15 said:

Almost everyone puts their rankings behind paywalls. Intermat, TOM, Rokfin people. The only rankings that tend not to be are the college rankings. ESPN, Fangraphs, Athletic, etc. do the same thing.

I've never understood that the time and effort that people put into content creation should be free. They deserve to get paid for it. It's a lot of effort to do a lot of the stuff they do.

Well, then you do not understand marketing very well either. You can't put everything behind a paywall, you need to have some content for the people that do not have subs, because that is how you generate more interest and entice people to pay for more content - if your free content is good. It's in my personal opinion, that they are actually losing out on revenue by putting these things behind a paywall. Nobody subscribes for rankings and articles, they subscribe for videos and live streams. The rankings are a bonus. I do personally know people that will not subscribe to Flo, because they feel the rankings behind a paywall is petty greed.

I can find national rankings for any other college sport in the country free of charge, so why is wrestling any different? We constantly complain as fans, that wrestling is not recognized enough publicly, yet we are the worse sport at marketing there is, imo. All of these international tournaments are ridiculously hard to follow and find results on. Our rankings are not found for free for any casual or new fan to find. Anyone that just wants to check out who the top guys/teams are for this sport, need to pay to do so. Do you think that is good for this sport in any way? Please, explain to me how it is good for our sport if you disagree. I would love to hear it. I can even find high school football, basketball, baseball, etc rankings and recruitment for free all over the web. For wrestling, I have to pay to find out all of that information. How can you attract any newcomers with that strategy? You will have a hard time keeping actual fans of the sport engaged if that is how it is going to be.

all anyone looking for free wrestling content from Flo has to do is look up our youtube page. youtube is fairly popular and is likely the first place casual fans will look for more wrestling content. 

I'll like to it here in case people are unfamiliar with youtube. Link to FloWrestling's YouTube page

Lots of good stuff on there imo. There's other great wrestling content on YouTube as well. a casual wrestling fan's paradise.

As for rankings, anyone is welcome to create new wrestling rankings and make them free for the whole world to enjoy. maybe someone could use them to attract some newcomers sport with a good marketing strategy. I would love to see it!

2 hours ago, cowcards15 said:

AWN, WIN, The Open Mat, InterMat - all free rankings. There are breakouts that might be paywalled (such as a recruiting ranking or "big board" or Top 200), but rankings have been almost always free from nearly every wrestling outlet, at least on the internet. Before the web, you had to pay to get AWN, so they were paid rankings in the print-only era. Rokfin creators are a different story, since Rokfin doesn't "do" rankings, rather the individual content creators who have channels can opt to do rankings if they wish (just like any outlet really) and they can paywall them or they can't - on Rokfin,  it's really only Willie's rankings carry any sort of weight in terms of being referenced by SIDs and other media covering events. 

52 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

all anyone looking for free wrestling content from Flo has to do is look up our youtube page. youtube is fairly popular and is likely the first place casual fans will look for more wrestling content. 

I'll like to it here in case people are unfamiliar with youtube. Link to FloWrestling's YouTube page

Lots of good stuff on there imo. There's other great wrestling content on YouTube as well. a casual wrestling fan's paradise.

As for rankings, anyone is welcome to create new wrestling rankings and make them free for the whole world to enjoy. maybe someone could use them to attract some newcomers sport with a good marketing strategy. I would love to see it!

This is something that folks always forget.  While true, it is difficult to do.

My honest take is that the more haters there are, the more people there are watching it.  Simple numbers.

Also pretty sure people on there, aside for Bronco, know what the YouTubes is.  Unless you're being snide.  In that case, then bravo.  You succeeded in insulting people 'directly' on here.  Finally grew some grapes.  Can you unblock Minnow on Facebook now?  He misses you.

Edit:  Fwiw, I am a big fan of Flo and what they bring to the table, and I will be until someone can do it better.  I just hate the current page format.  Can you fckn change it already?
Edit edit: A big fan of all wrestling content creators.  They do what I do not, and we should appreciate it, whether fact or driven based, content is content.

Edited by nhs67

6 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

What was the Moldovan saying Andonian was doing at 7:15 in this video?

https://www.facebook.com/FloWrestling/videos/3045547799025234/

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

What was the Moldovan saying Andonian was doing at 7:15 in this video?

https://www.facebook.com/FloWrestling/videos/3045547799025234/

Wrestling too tough. Moldovians don't like tough wrestling.

Actually I couldn't tell on the stream because of the camera angle.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

Wrestling too tough. Moldovians don't like tough wrestling.

Actually I couldn't tell on the stream because of the camer angle.

Yeah you can't see it, but from the gestures I wasn't sure if he was trying to say he was squeezing his nuts or something (not saying he actually was)...

17 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Please, explain to me how having rankings behind a paywall is good for your business. Are you guys under the impression that you are getting subs strictly from rankings? I can assure you, if that is the case, its a very very low % of your subs. Making the rankings available to all, opens up way more opportunities for your company to exploit ad revenue, as you will get a substantially larger click and view rate from the people who just want to look at rankings. What is crazy to me, is that when duals and certain tournaments are televised, they use Flo's rankings on the graphics. Which makes it even more crazy that college wrestling rankings are the only widely used collegiate sport rankings behind a paywall in all of collegiate sports. Which also makes it pretty pathetic.

You and Flo actually wouldn't love to see anyone else do better, because if someone actually put that kind of effort into the wrestling community, and created another media source backed by millions, you guys would undoubtedly be in trouble. You have benefitted greatly from being the only properly funded company in a very niche sport for this entire time. THAT is why you have succeeded this far. Not your product or customer service / satisfaction. It is because you monopolized the sport, which in all fairness was your right to do so. While I have been grateful for what flo has done with a lot of things and the availability of matches otherwise not available in the past, I believe you are not a competent company as a whole. Wrestling would be better off if another company would rise up somewhere and take control of this sport. I hope Rokfin can continue to grow, listen to it's users feedback, and stay off the greed train. Then maybe us fans can have what we truly deserve, instead of a cocky middle-finger anytime a suggestion is made in your direction.

sometimes i do wish Flo actually had a monopoly when it came to wrestling. then we'd be able to stream and utilize the video from way more college duals, plus the NCAA championships and the Olympics. that, to me, would kick ass. 

since we don't, though, the market looks wide open to me. I think it would be awesome if more resources went into wrestling content and promotion. I would truly love it if that happened. 

3 hours ago, snapspinscore said:

Please, explain to me how having rankings behind a paywall is good for your business. Are you guys under the impression that you are getting subs strictly from rankings? I can assure you, if that is the case, its a very very low % of your subs. Making the rankings available to all, opens up way more opportunities for your company to exploit ad revenue, as you will get a substantially larger click and view rate from the people who just want to look at rankings. What is crazy to me, is that when duals and certain tournaments are televised, they use Flo's rankings on the graphics. Which makes it even more crazy that college wrestling rankings are the only widely used collegiate sport rankings behind a paywall in all of collegiate sports. Which also makes it pretty pathetic.

You and Flo actually wouldn't love to see anyone else do better, because if someone actually put that kind of effort into the wrestling community, and created another media source backed by millions, you guys would undoubtedly be in trouble. You have benefitted greatly from being the only properly funded company in a very niche sport for this entire time. THAT is why you have succeeded this far. Not your product or customer service / satisfaction. It is because you monopolized the sport, which in all fairness was your right to do so. While I have been grateful for what flo has done with a lot of things and the availability of matches otherwise not available in the past, I believe you are not a competent company as a whole. Wrestling would be better off if another company would rise up somewhere and take control of this sport. I hope Rokfin can continue to grow, listen to it's users feedback, and stay off the greed train. Then maybe us fans can have what we truly deserve, instead of a cocky middle-finger anytime a suggestion is made in your direction.

The lengths to which some of ya'll will go just to Flo Hate is bizarre. Subscribe, don't, whatever. Swear to God, it's like CP personally banged half of this board's wives or something

1 minute ago, SignificantACCBias said:

The lengths to which some of ya'll will go just to Flo Hate is bizarre. Subscribe, don't, whatever. Swear to God, it's like CP personally banged half of this board's wives or something

How is calling out issues many people seem to agree with, bizarre? I find it bizarre that you, and so many others, are so content with mediocrity and petty dollar grabbing for your money. 

23 hours ago, snapspinscore said:

I quit subscribing years ago, but i always thought there rankings were free until Willie quit. 

23 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

sometimes i do wish Flo actually had a monopoly when it came to wrestling. then we'd be able to stream and utilize the video from way more college duals, plus the NCAA championships and the Olympics. that, to me, would kick ass. 

since we don't, though, the market looks wide open to me. I think it would be awesome if more resources went into wrestling content and promotion. I would truly love it if that happened. 

Instead of dreaming about what you could have rights to, please put on the events that you could organize today-the Flowrestling/Flomarching crossover event that we have all been waiting for.  1st period: wrestling.  2nd period: tuba.  3rd period:  drumline.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

27 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Instead of dreaming about what you could have rights to, please put on the events that you could organize today-the Flowrestling/Flomarching crossover event that we have all been waiting for.  1st period: wrestling.  2nd period: tuba.  3rd period:  drumline.  

I'm just waiting for the Flowrestling / Good customer service crossover.