High level observations / improvement feedback for the desktop browser user. 

1. Fix the white space issues | causing too much scrolling for user 
    1. Watch
      1. There are two inches of white space between the top menu and the "browse by content."  | reduce by 80%
      2. Two inches of white space between 'live & upcoming' and 'featured' videos | reduce by 80%
      3. Two inches of white space on the left-hand margin and zero white space on the right-hand margin. | should be equal
      4. The video selection scroll/next icon shows when the user hovers over any video.  This is not intuitive because the white circle icon is hard to see when it is superimposed over a video that also is commonly white. | Add white space to right-hand margin and add the scroll/next icon in the margin so it is easy to see
    2. News
      1. 50% of the screen is white space.  Two inches on the left-hand margin.  Four inches or more in the right-hand margin.  I'm including the 'Get the most important Wrestling stories delivered straight to your inbox.' floating box on the right-hand side.  That box takes up way to much space and adds zero value.  Make that a news subscription menu option or a tiny subscription icon; stop taking up so much space with it.
  2. Put the news as the home page; not the videos
  3. Reduce the image/video to story/video link ratio.  Not every video or news article requires an image / video
    1. News
      1. Provide an image for ~one of every five news titles.
      2. Look at ESPN, CNN, and NBC News to see how easy it is to absorb a list of news articles in columns without an overwhelming amount of photos.  Look at Fox News to see how 'not to do it' as Fox News requires endless vertical scrolling.
      3. Use more thumbnail images than large images.  Not every image needs to be the same size and stop with the 1:1 image to article ratio. 
  4. Make videos easier to navigate | Users will not take time to scroll to discover what content may appear
    1. Videos
      1. Add a table of contents that allow the user to browse/quick select subject groupings.  This TOC could be a menu drop down or be a list.  For example, the left-hand margin could list current headings that one has to scroll through...
        1. FEATURED
        2. 2021 WORLD TEAM TRIALS
        3. INSANE POTENTIAL TRIALS REMATCHES
        4. CAN'T-MISS MATCHES FROM JUNIOR WORLDS
        5. ALL-ACCESS AT THE 2021 JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
        6. THE BADER SHOW CLIPS
        7. LEGENDARY JUNIOR WORLDS MATCHES
      2. Organize videos by context for easier navigation.  Above, three of headings are about juniors and they are not grouped together... user keeps scrolling and scrolling.  Example organization...
        1. Featured
          1. Insane matches
        2. Bader Show
        3. Senior
          1. World
            1. Team Trial rematches
        4. Junior
          1. World 
            1. All-access 2021
            2. Can't miss matches
            3. Legendary matches
        5. Cadet
        6. High School

Beyond having the news as the home page, consider using 2-3 columns to separate content.  A large middle column with news and perhaps one video.  The left and right columns can have feature videos, etc.  

22 minutes ago, jross said:

1. Watch
      1. There are two inches of white space between the top menu and the "browse by content."  | reduce by 80%
      2. Two inches of white space between 'live & upcoming' and 'featured' videos | reduce by 80%
      3. Two inches of white space on the left-hand margin and zero white space on the right-hand margin. | should be equal
      4. The video selection scroll/next icon shows when the user hovers over any video.  This is not intuitive because the white circle icon is hard to see when it is superimposed over a video that also is commonly white. | Add white space to right-hand margin and add the scroll/next icon in the margin so it is easy to see
    2. News
      1. 50% of the screen is white space.  Two inches on the left-hand margin.  Four inches or more in the right-hand margin.  I'm including the 'Get the most important Wrestling stories delivered straight to your inbox.' floating box on the right-hand side.  That box takes up way to much space and adds zero value.  Make that a news subscription menu option or a tiny subscription icon; stop taking up so much space with it.
  3. Reduce the image/video to story/video link ratio.  Not every video or news article requires an image / video
    1. News
      2. Look at ESPN, CNN, and NBC News to see how easy it is to absorb a list of news articles in columns without an overwhelming amount of photos.  Look at Fox News to see how 'not to do it' as Fox News requires endless vertical scrolling.
      3. Use more thumbnail images than large images.  Not every image needs to be the same size and stop with the 1:1 image to article ratio. 
  4. Make videos easier to navigate | Users will not take time to scroll to discover what content may appear
    1. Videos
      1. Add a table of contents that allow the user to browse/quick select subject groupings.  This TOC could be a menu drop down or be a list.  For example, the left-hand margin could list current headings that one has to scroll through...
        1. FEATURED
        6. THE BADER SHOW CLIPS
      2. Organize videos by context for easier navigation.  Above, three of headings are about juniors and they are not grouped together... user keeps scrolling and scrolling.  Example organization...
        1. Featured
          1. Insane matches
        2. Bader Show
        3. Senior
          1. World
            1. Team Trial rematches
        4. Junior
          1. World 
            1. All-access 2021
            2. Can't miss matches
            3. Legendary matches
        5. Cadet
        6. High School

Beyond having the news as the home page, consider using 2-3 columns to separate content.  A large middle column with news and perhaps one video.  The left and right columns can have feature videos, etc.  

Tremendous stuff. I scrolled through the site while reading your post and almost everything you suggested would be a clear upgrade.

2 hours ago, jross said:

1. Watch
    2. News
    1. News
    1. Videos
        1. FEATURED
        6. THE BADER SHOW CLIPS
        1. Featured
          1. Insane matches
        2. Bader Show
        3. Senior
          1. World
            1. Team Trial rematches
        4. Junior
          1. World 
            1. All-access 2021
            2. Can't miss matches
            3. Legendary matches
        5. Cadet
        6. High School

Tell me you have too much time on your hands without telling me you have too much time on your hands.

9 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Tell me you have too much time on your hands without telling me you have too much time on your hands.

Bob, at 98 you may not have much time on your hands but some of the younger folks on this here forum might be thinking what am I gonna do with all this time till I'm 98?  :)

7 minutes ago, BobDole said:

I impersonate 98 year old politicians on a wrestling forum to razz community members about their choice to spend 15 minutes helping others.

4 hours ago, jross said:

1. Watch
    2. News
    1. News
    1. Videos
        1. FEATURED
        6. THE BADER SHOW CLIPS
        1. Featured
          1. Insane matches
        2. Bader Show
        3. Senior
          1. World
            1. Team Trial rematches
        4. Junior
          1. World 
            1. All-access 2021
            2. Can't miss matches
            3. Legendary matches
        5. Cadet
        6. High School

FLO - Hire this man, asap.

I submitted a general application at https://www.flosports.tv/careers/.  Can direct or manage products, programs, and projects  Or can develop or support...  There was no option to inform them that I'd like to take over product management for the flowrestling product.  Fixing the website is one thing.  Another idea is implementing pick'em brackets.  Note that Track Wrestling is improving so maybe they will fix the flowrestling website later.

All of you complaining about what flowrestling has become have zero appreciation for what the company has done for the sport. So what if the content and usability of the site has dropped off a bit? Did you expect it to be like Netflix? You can’t tell me that having access to flomarching and flobeach volleyball isn’t great value. Throw in flograppling, and all this complaining makes me sick.You can see the world championship of grappling for free!! (If you don’t count monthly subscription fee).

Plus, where else are you going to go for your wrestling streaming? Do you really want your money to support qanon YouTube rejects at the other website that shall not be named? 

Edited by Billyhoyle

On 9/6/2021 at 1:35 PM, Billyhoyle said:

All of you complaining about what flowrestling has become have zero appreciation for what the company has done for the sport. So what if the content and usability of the site has dropped off a bit? Did you expect it to be like Netflix? You can’t tell me that having access to flomarching and flobeach volleyball isn’t great value. Throw in flograppling, and all this complaining makes me sick.You can see the world championship of grappling for free!! (If you don’t count monthly subscription fee).

Plus, where else are you going to go for your wrestling streaming? Do you really want your money to support qanon YouTube rejects at the other website that shall not be named? 

It is fair to have gratitude for the content and to expect a more usable website when paying real money.  I had no idea Flo dropped a Suriano video when looking at the home page.  I found out from social media and had to search/click to find it on the website.  This should have been face up on the Watch and News pages.  Instead I have to regularly click on Watch > Browse by Category > Films OR scroll 12 inches down to Watch > Get Hyped For World Team Trials.  At least put the 'browse by category' items under the Watch menu as a drop down.  Let me subscribe any time a new film is dropped.

BTW, this website design experience is the same across FloGrappling, FloBaseball, FloCombat, FloRacing, FloMarching, etc. and so on.  They spent money on the initial website overhaul... they have engineers, now iterate on it please.  They are big enough to concurrently prioritize user interface, data services, video streams, etc. features.  I bet they have usability improvements in a ticket backlog and it is one of a thousand features to plan.

1 hour ago, jross said:

It is fair to have gratitude for the content and to expect a more usable website when paying real money.  I had no idea Flo dropped a Suriano video when looking at the home page.  I found out from social media and had to search/click to find it on the website.  This should have been face up on the Watch and News pages.  Instead I have to regularly click on Watch > Browse by Category > Films OR scroll 12 inches down to Watch > Get Hyped For World Team Trials.  At least put the 'browse by category' items under the Watch menu as a drop down.  Let me subscribe any time a new film is dropped.

BTW, this website design experience is the same across FloGrappling, FloBaseball, FloCombat, FloRacing, FloMarching, etc. and so on.  They spent money on the initial website overhaul... they have engineers, now iterate on it please.  They are big enough to concurrently prioritize user interface, data services, video streams, etc. features.  I bet they have usability improvements in a ticket backlog and it is one of a thousand features to plan.

Are you sure they have the engineers to implement a new feature?  It smells like they only have enough for maintenance, if that.