Sign in to follow this  
NJWC

Did PA have any US Open champs?

^^Yeah, Keith Gavin is from Factoryville, PA, in the northeast section of the Keystone state. Gavin said when he was a kid he thought Scranton was a big city. Gavin was under the recruiting radar. I thought he might end up at The Citadel, but ended up at Pitt, improved a ton, and won the 2008 NCAA's going 27-0 that senior season.

I think The PSU "Train" is getting their feet wet...IRT to International wrestling...2016 is a ways off but impressed with what I see so far...What creek was that you had fun in???

P.S. Always with an eye on those PA Wrestlers!!!

^^Yeah, Keith Gavin is from Factoryville, PA, in the northeast section of the Keystone state. Gavin said when he was a kid he thought Scranton was a big city. Gavin was under the recruiting radar. I thought he might end up at The Citadel, but ended up at Pitt, improved a ton, and won the 2008 NCAA's going 27-0 that senior season.

Why do you PA guys get so worked up? I was just trying to figure out what state is best at producing guys at the top level. NJ had two champs, so I figured PA must have had 12-15.

The kid that Russell beat up in the finals was from Easton, PA? I hadn't heard that.

I don't agree that Oliver would beat Metcalf and Alton 10 out of 10 just as I don't believe Russell would beat Oliver or Metcalf 10 of 10. You may think I am nuts but under the current rules, any of the top 3 or 4 could have won. There was no dominant or definitive winner. My prediction is that you will see this point proven at WTT. The top 3 will be decided by a series of luck of the ball grab to determine our winner and top 3. Unfortunately, that point may not bode well for USA at 66kg. For the US. Other countries competitors may have a definitive best, meaning they are good enough to win outright despite he stupid rules while our best is still determined by chance.

By contrast, although Taylor wrestled well, JB left n doubt who reigns supreme in the US, meaning the US is still in good standing there.

Russell is a stud. I could not stand watching him in college because he had great all around potential but would let lesser opponents stay close and still win in OT. I thought he must drive his coaches nuts. Russell is the complete package of technique, brains and physical gifts (as Oliver and Metcalf). I think the difference this past weekend is that Russell finally decided to score and be offensive. IMHO, Russell had the ability to major guys like Steiber and Navachokov buy just did not choose to wrestle that style. Instead he let the matches stay close.

I still believe Oliver is the best overall wrestler but Oliver will need to bulk up to be able to be the man at this weight. Oliver needs the bulk to overcome the blocking, backing and power of bigger opponents.

This was a poor attempt at trolling by NJMarty.

Even though you had some decent results at the Senior level, the most prolific wrestler in NJ state history finish a disappointing 8th at Fila Juniors. Kids from Michigan, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Oklahoma, Iowa and even IDAHO outplaced Ashnault.

Now, I want people to know this was not a shot at Ashnault, but more of a slight at NJMarty. For every result where you beat your chest, we can find many more where you hide in a corner.

Let's be honest, Ben Whitford won the most difficult bracket in Vegas. More accolades in at 60 kilos than any other bracket. I would take bet that those kids will combine for over 30 AA spots when everything is said and done.

Even though you had some decent results at the Senior level, the most prolific wrestler in NJ state history finish a disappointing 8th at Fila Juniors. Kids from Michigan, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Oklahoma, Iowa and even IDAHO outplaced Ashnault.

Now, I want people to know this was not a shot at Ashnault, but more of a slight at NJMarty. For every result where you beat your chest, we can find many more where you hide in a corner.

Let's be honest, Ben Whitford won the most difficult bracket in Vegas. More accolades in at 60 kilos than any other bracket. I would take bet that those kids will combine for over 30 AA spots when everything is said and done.

Is Ashnault more prolific than Bruce Baumgartner? Jordan Burroughs? Interesting.

Is Ashnault more prolific than Bruce Baumgartner? Jordan Burroughs? Interesting.

If we are talking about high school accomplishments, than yes. Isn't Ashnault the only 4 x undefeated champion in NJ history?

Anthony has yet to write his collegiate or international chapters yet. So to compare him to Bruce or Jordan is rediculous.

There is a reason why I call you NJMarty. You can't see past your homer goggles.

If we are talking about high school accomplishments, than yes. Isn't Ashnault the only 4 x undefeated champion in NJ history?

Anthony has yet to write his collegiate or international chapters yet. So to compare him to Bruce or Jordan is rediculous.

There is a reason why I call you NJMarty. You can't see past your homer goggles.

Uh, no. You said he's NJ's most prolific wrestler ever. Where did you mention HS? Why would HS credentials be the determining factor for most prolific? I'd say clearly Baumgartner is NJ's most prolific.

And I'm hardly like LIMoron. That guy's posts, both content and style, made my eyes bleed.

I dont care how close it was; if they meet 10 times,Russell beats Oliver 10x. Didnt you PA guys figure that out when Alton had close matches with him? He'd also beat Metcalf every time.

---

refresh my memory... were you the one saying Winston would beat Welch 10x out of 10?

Missouri had 2 champs (Spenser Mango and Dom Bradley) with 3 more placers (Ryan Mango, Jake Fisher, and Alan Waters). In addition, 2 more Mizzou wrestlers placed (Max Askren and Nick Marable). Pretty impressive showing from the state of Missouri and the Mizzou program if I do say so myself

Missouri had 2 champs (Spenser Mango and Dom Bradley) with 3 more placers (Ryan Mango, Jake Fisher, and Alan Waters). In addition, 2 more Mizzou wrestlers placed (Max Askren and Nick Marable). Pretty impressive showing from the state of Missouri and the Mizzou program if I do say so myself

I agree 100%.

Why do you PA guys get so worked up? I was just trying to figure out what state is best at producing guys at the top level. NJ had two champs, so I figured PA must have had 12-15.

The kid that Russell beat up in the finals was from Easton, PA? I hadn't heard that.

I am not a PA guy, I am from The Dirty Jerz.

I dont care how close it was; if they meet 10 times,Russell beats Oliver 10x. Didnt you PA guys figure that out when Alton had close matches with him? He'd also beat Metcalf every time.

---

refresh my memory... were you the one saying Winston would beat Welch 10x out of 10?

Jaja. Did I say that? I did think Winston was better. Winston won the 1st and lost the next 2, but Winstons injury problems in college became well known. And their last match was very close even though Scotty had a banged up shoulder.

Russell has proven himself in college like Winston couldnt. He won by a hair so many times (marion, alton, novachkov) but still managed to keep winning.

If he didnt RS, Dake would be a 3 timer