3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

UWW age level Worlds =/= Oly games.

Russia has been banned from fielding a national team in the next two Olympics and any world championship sporting event for the next two years, a decision that reduces the length of Russia's suspension issued by the World Anti-Doping Agency last year. Individual Russian athletes who compete will not be allowed to use their nation's flag and anthem.

*Emphasis added

Edited by lu_alum

33 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Here's USA start sheet #WrestleUfa

Figueroa in 2 on D
Andonian in 3 on B
Amos in 8 on D
Bartlett in 9 on D
Washington in 12 on C

Watch all the action live on
@FloWrestling

Figueroa gets teched by IRI

Andonian starts with a 4, has a 7-4 lead, loses 8-7 by letting IRI take control of the match, retreating and stepping out repeatedly while trying to set up moves on his heels.

this team looks ultra weak. When Dake, Taylor, Burroughs, Cox, Snyder leave who is going to be there to carry the torch ? I don't see any of those caliber of guys walking through that door.

The next crop is going to determine if we just have had a lucky run of generational talents or usa wrestling development programs has really made an impact like people think it has - I think it's still to be determined.

3 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

this team looks ultra weak. When Dake, Taylor, Burroughs, Cox, Snyder leave who is going to be there to carry the torch ? I don't see any of those caliber of guys walking through that door.

The next crop is going to determine if we just have had a lucky run of generational talents or usa wrestling development programs has really made an impact like people think it has - I think it's still to be determined.

Figs is the only one who was upset so far. The 2 we have in the semis looked great. The rest so far are the worst on our team. 

Monday, August 16 - Sunday, August 22

(all times Eastern)

Monday, August 16

2 AM - 6 AM

Freestyle prelims & quarterfinals: 57, 65, 70, 79, 97

9 AM - 10:30 AM

Freestyle semifinals: 57, 65, 70, 79, 97

Tuesday, August 17

2 AM - 6 AM

Freestyle prelims & quarterfinals: 61, 74, 86, 92, 125

Freestyle repechage: 57, 65, 70, 79, 97

7:45 AM - 11:30 AM

Freestyle semifinals: 61, 74, 86, 92, 125

Freestyle medal matches: 57, 65, 70, 79, 97

Wednesday, August 18

2 AM - 5 AM

Women prelims & quarterfinals: 50, 55, 59, 68, 76

Freestyle repechage: 61, 74, 86, 92, 125

Women semifinals: 50, 55, 59, 68, 76

Freestyle medal matches: 61, 74, 86, 92, 125

Thursday, August 19

2 AM - 5 AM

Women prelims & quarterfinals: 53, 57, 62, 65, 72

Women repechage - 50, 55, 59, 68, 76

Women semifinals: 53, 57, 62, 65, 72

Women medal matches: 50, 55, 59, 68, 76

Friday, August 20

2 AM - 6:30 AM

Greco-Roman prelims & quarterfinals: 55, 63, 77, 87, 130

Women repechage: 53, 57, 62, 65, 72

Greco-Roman semifinals: 55, 63, 77, 87, 130

Women medal matches: 53, 57, 62, 65, 72

Saturday, August 21

2 AM - 6:30 AM

Greco-Roman prelims & quarterfinals: 60, 67, 72, 82, 97

Greco-Roman repechage: 55, 63, 77, 87, 130

Greco-Roman semifinals: 60, 67, 72, 82, 97

Greco-Roman medal matches: 55, 63, 77, 87, 130

Sunday, August 22

7 AM - 11:30

Greco-Roman repechage: 60, 67, 72, 82, 97

Greco-Roman medal matches: 60, 67, 72, 82, 97

4 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

In the list above, you have the same number of guys who had to expedite a passport to be able to go qualify for the olympics because he had never been out of the country before, as you do guys who won a junior medal.

Just sayin....

4 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

This team is objectively stronger than a team composed of those guys would have been.   Only Snyder medalled in that list. 

3 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

Iran and Azerbaijan have 4 out of 5 in the semis in day 1. Let's see how many make the final. Top 2 countries of day 1 so far

Iran, Turkey and Russia put 2 in the final and Azerbaijan put 3. Azerbaijan looking really good. Iran should have had 3 but goofed with 3s left in the 97kg semi final.

7 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

These guys are not the next group. The next group is Valencia, Lee, Suriano, Yianni, Zain,, Bo, Nolf, and so on.