10 minutes ago, BobDole said:

O'Toole literally picked the guy up in a cradle and pinned him. He probably could have gotten a 4 for the turn if he didn't pin him.

Here is video

The Askren influence is so glaringly obvious. It’s cool to see his protege out there winning with his same approach (but better)

Just now, Housebuye said:

The Askren influence is so glaringly obvious. It’s cool to see his protege out there winning with his same approach (but better)

His funk and unique moves and style are giving the international wrestlers fits. However, this is a USA type style that most have seen and know how to wrestle against. 

Just now, BobDole said:

His funk and unique moves and style are giving the international wrestlers fits. However, this is a USA type style that most have seen and know how to wrestle against. 

Nobody does it like Askren's people though. Watching Otoole is completely different than anyone else on the team. I want him in positions  I’d hate for other guys to be in. He wins the positions everyone else loses 

3 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

2 Missouri wrestlers lack athleticism in a big way. Not a good showing for Hawks. Hard to believe he is the best we have for that spot. Don't see holes in the lineups for russia and iranians like the usa this year. Big difference.

2/3 Mizzou wrestlers in the finals.  Imagine if they were athletic?????

2 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Obviously not . . .

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Nobody does it like Askren's people though. Watching Otoole is completely different than anyone else on the team. I want him in positions  I’d hate for other guys to be in. He wins the positions everyone else loses 

His style reminds me of Nick Simmons. Simmons was uber dangerous at international events because of his unique style. He took losses domestically because his opponents knew his style and had wrestled him or similar types.

O'Toole is fun to watch and will continue to improve. Missouri has a sneaky good team right now.

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

O'Toole literally picked the guy up in a cradle and pinned him. He probably could have gotten a 4 for the turn if he didn't pin him.

Here is video

Sweet!  Funky 2.0

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Andonian just GASSED Kovacs. Down 8-2 (?) he just destroys Kovacs in the second half to take the 18-8 win.

Is this for Bronze?

And I recognize this name.  Did Kovacs just wrestle in the Olympics?

Amos gets it done for Gold with a huge 5 at the 6:50 mark of this video. Turkey kept (lazily) trying an outside step when Amos had a body lock and Braxton timed it perfectly and sent him flying to seal the match. Also, shout out to Flo for having the match available to watch outside the live feed right away after it ended. 

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6884694-2021-junior-world-championships/videos?playing=7137293

45 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Amos gets it done for Gold with a huge 5 at the 6:50 mark of this video. Turkey kept (lazily) trying an outside step when Amos had a body lock and Braxton timed it perfectly and sent him flying to seal the match. Also, shout out to Flo for having the match available to watch outside the live feed right away after it ended. 

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6884694-2021-junior-world-championships/videos?playing=7137293

I was so stressed during that last body lock exchange. Braxton was clearly superior when going for leg attacks. That 4 earlier was slick by the Turkish guy. 

Fun match. Braxton is a beast. I’m even a little excited to watch him in Greco, which is saying something 

On 8/15/2021 at 4:21 PM, Housebuye said:

Can’t wait. We have what I think is a great team, but most haven’t wrestled internationally. I’m calling 2 golds and 6 medals (men’s freestyle)

…this call is looking pretty good. 

5 medals locked with potential for 6. 1 gold with 2 more finalists. 

6 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

…this call is looking pretty good. 

5 medals locked with potential for 6. 1 gold with 2 more finalists. 

If we wind up with 5 medalists and 1 gold it's because you jinxed it by pointing our your prediction before it came true. Just sayin...

6 minutes ago, The Genius said:

How good is Rocky Elam? 

I had never heard of the Iranian at that weight before (Hajilou), but he has been incredible and teched his way to the final without giving up a point. 

He's better than his older brother, who was a Junior World silver medalist in 2018. He was 5th in the NCAA wrestling tournament this past year as a freshman, suffering his only two loses of the season at the NCAA tournament (one of which he avenged in the 5th place match). He is certainly good, but with the tear Hajilou has been on, I don't know what to expect.

5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

He's better than his older brother, who was a Junior World silver medalist in 2018. He was 5th in the NCAA wrestling tournament this past year as a freshman, suffering his only two loses of the season at the NCAA tournament (one of which he avenged in the 5th place match). He is certainly good, but with the tear Hajilou has been on, I don't know what to expect.

I assume the Myles Amine he lost to is not the San Marino guy lol? I caught the end of Elam's last match against the Russian and I wasn't a fan of his antics after the match but maybe I missed something, he clearly wasn't happy with the Russian for some reason. 

8 minutes ago, The Genius said:

I assume the Myles Amine he lost to is not the San Marino guy lol? I caught the end of Elam's last match against the Russian and I wasn't a fan of his antics after the match but maybe I missed something, he clearly wasn't happy with the Russian for some reason. 

It is the same Myles Amine (who was born and has always lived in the USA, despite representing San Marino, where his grandfather or great grandfather or something like that, was from). Elam has the skills to be a NCAA champ, but didn't have any tough competition during the college season and showed at the tournament. I think he will be much better prepared this upcoming season.

Edited by Crotalus