18 minutes ago, smitty11 said:

The 61Kg Iranian is really good.  He is going to be a medal contender on the senior level soon.  

The gents over in the Iran thread are hoping he is their 65kg guy for the future.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

The gents over in the Iran thread are hoping he is their 65kg guy for the future.

After watching him beat that Russian.  I saw some of his other matches.  He and Uguev have a great match in 2020 and he has won just about everything else. Kid reminds me of Yazdani

42 minutes ago, smitty11 said:

After watching him beat that Russian.  I saw some of his other matches.  He and Uguev have a great match in 2020 and he has won just about everything else. Kid reminds me of Yazdani

There was a chance he was a actually going to be the 57kg rep at Tokyo. Given his age he actually was doing great vs Uguev before he lost. He has a bright future. He will likely be the 65kg wrestler for Paris.

I'm watching some of these matches.  Awesome wrestling.  

Elam's sweep single is deadly.  Very effective vs the Russian in finals.  Beau Bartlet's come from behind win in final 30 seconds down by 3 points .. huge.  Andonian giving up 4 to start was a surprise but coming back to dominate for Bronze was awesome.  Amos got cradled in his match vs the Russian as well .. got turned with it (2 times?) ... majestic payback to lock his own cradle and pin with it.   

Flo breaking up the matches so I don't need to watch the entire 'mat a' or 'mat b' is a big value add.  

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Keegan wins 10-0 in the final! Always amazed the number of international wrestlers who don't seem to feel that cradle coming. 

You shouldn't really be.  Hardly anybody sees folk techniques outside of the US except when our wrestlers go overseas.

With the way you can defend in par terre, pinning combinations are not something that are emphasized in international wrestling as those scenarios only really come up in scrambles. And without the feel for defending cradles, basic folkstyle principles like never letting your head come to your knee are not practiced. Impressive run through the tournament for O'Toole.

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Kind of crazy to watch Kylie Welker and Amit Elor just throwing people to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amit has been getting in some really good training over at Edge in NJ with Valentin and everybody else who is there for the past few months.

With the way you can defend in par terre, pinning combinations are not something that are emphasized in international wrestling as those scenarios only really come up in scrambles. And without the feel for defending cradles, basic folkstyle principles like never letting your head come to your knee are not practiced. Impressive run through the tournament for O'Toole.

O'Toole is a bad dude. What a great wrestler.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CA_Wrestler said:

You shouldn't really be.  Hardly anybody sees folk techniques outside of the US except when our wrestlers go overseas.

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

Just seems they get cradled often enough by Americans that they should spend a little time learning how to defend it. Maybe remind their guys of the possibility when facing an American who will be looking for it.  

On 8/16/2021 at 9:56 AM, alliseeisgold said:

this team looks ultra weak. When Dake, Taylor, Burroughs, Cox, Snyder leave who is going to be there to carry the torch ? I don't see any of those caliber of guys walking through that door.

The next crop is going to determine if we just have had a lucky run of generational talents or usa wrestling development programs has really made an impact like people think it has - I think it's still to be determined.

The wrestlers you’ve listed are insanely talented and will be hard to top. At the same time there is a 8-9 year gap between the ages of the wrestlers you’ve listed so it’s not like they came from one group.

I think you could also argue that both Gable and Lee are generational talents but it seems unlikely we will have sustained international dominance from them due to injuries for Lee and other interests for Gable. They’d have formed the core of our team moving forward.

To match the current generation we’d need e one insanely talented guy to come through every few years to go along with Gable/Lee and we’d have been in good shape.

Edited by wamba